Trades Round 7 Trades

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
good point... Simpson came in for Jack Steven.

Geelong also like to rest their elderly players. After Steven is brought back maybe it will be Ablett's turn next, then Selwood? If he's getting opportunity with Duncan and Narkle out I'd imagine he could cement his spot for a number of weeks

Problem is stephens is still 50k more expensive than simpson. If Simpson gets 2 more weeks i can see a 100k rise easily where as with stephens even though he has no competition u r talking about longmire. He will do the opposite of whatever everyones is thinking
I'm looking at it a little different...
I don't like trading in rooks that are over $300K

If you don't get Stephens this week, I don't think you will, he will be over $300k and not worth down grading to.
Where as Simpson will be around $270k after this week and still make me money if I want hi and I go from Andersen down

I'm looking at it a little different...
I don't like trading in rooks that are over $300K

If you don't get Stephens this week, I don't think you will, he will be over $300k and not worth down grading to.
Where as Simpson will be around $270k after this week and still make me money if I want hi and I go from Andersen down

I dont think you can get them all. paying over $250k for rooks will eventually come back to bite the hip pocket.

I think you'll get the chance for simpson or stepehens but not both. Personally I think ship has sailed on Stepehens. $288k is too much to back-in off one score. He scores a 30-40 and his cash gen will be over from the beginning.

Going to short whitfield again this week (probably unsuccessfully again) and target next week.

Who's the best pick of the low 600s defenders?

Short
Mills
Smith
Sicily
Ridley

Am I missing anyone?

Sorry, long post incoming...

Have footywire aligned their breakevens with the afl website yet?

If not could someone post BEs for the following players please:

Florent
Ceglar
Starcevich
McInnerny
Taylor
Pittonet
Rivers
Dusty
Budarick

Above players are my trade options, and with the available rookies this week I believe a double downgrade is the best move forward.

Here are my current thoughts:

Ceglar to Simpson. Nets 339k, probably similar output in scoring this week and could be anywhere from 50-100k closer in price by end of the round.

Quite stumped on the next trade. Only just brought Young in and he is clear in Freos best 22, thinking of holding till he’s back and not wasting the trade bringing him back at a later date. Like someone else touched on, could potentially be a D6 in the shortened season. Role has been right for Florent, scoring has been the issue, so is a hold given the outs to the swans side. This also paves the way for Mcinnery to regain his spot. Starcevich may push back into the wing with Robbo out. Budarick and Taylor have potentially reached their peak now, moreso Taylor who’s BE will be steeper now due to that poor game, Budarick still has a decent fantasy role. Dusty’s form has been off, but it’s Dusty, surely he lifts, still attending plenty of CBAs. Rivers I’m unsure of, still has money to make, but can anyone shed some light as to how far off he is of getting back in the side?

Seems like trading out Taylor looks to be the best move in terms of cash gen. Can bring anyone in by moving him to the Utility spot. My defence looks light having Rivers and Young on the pine, so Macpherson is probably the safe option. Rankine has the best JS, but has never been a massive AF scorer, took him 3.3 to reach 65 points. Hibberd, Butler, and Bosenalvugi I’m not sold on JS. Bosenalvugi appeared to have a pretty good game so may be safe for a few weeks. Stephens the priciest of the bunch which puts me off, but seems to have decent JS. Averaged 78 and 4 tackles a game at SANFL level which is promising.

So I guess my main question is, who are the best rookies this week in terms of potential scoring and JS?

If not could someone post BEs for the following players please:

Dusty 105
Ceglar 85
Florent 72
Pittonet 47
Starcevich 46
Taylor 43
Budarick 35
Rivers 14
McInerny -4
B.E added in quote, expand to view. (ordered high to low)

Anyone have Grundy’s actual BE?

Grundy = 118

Whilst these may be the official break evens, price rise or drops still factor in total points scored across the round. (Because fantasy love magic formulas)
Ie, if every single player scores 100, and Grundy hits that 118, he'll lose money because 118 is unders if everyone else tonnes up.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Going to short whitfield again this week (probably unsuccessfully again) and target next week.

Who's the best pick of the low 600s defenders?

Short
Mills
Smith
Sicily
Ridley

Am I missing anyone?

Reading the Sydney page with Kennedy and Heeney out they may have to completely re-shuffle their team and Mills might see some mid time. He's got a pretty big tank so it could happen, but with Longmire as coach who knows?

Ward out 4-6 weeks with knee injury.
Nice to have a forced trade that you wanted to do anyway.

Guess that squashes the rumour of Cogs being dropped then?! Fingers crossed anyway.... would hope it helps him score too but assume Taranto benefits even more from it

Hold P
Its time for shitonett to go for me. Has been disappointing. looking at english

Replying before I read the rest of the thread.

This is where I'm at too, and English looks like the pick. Are there any other options (at that price) even worth looking at? ROB obviously scored well this week but I think he's out of my $ range, and once we're higher than that it's just Grundy (I have Gawn and Pitt rn).

No way Cogs gets dropped. Tom Morris dribble.

Bob Murphy on SEN this afternoon said he talked to a few people and it hasn't been mentioned in their circles.

The worst part about this is that when BS rumours are given air by mainstream outlets, even the good journos end up lumped into the "all media sucks" category. (I know you didn't say that PAFC27; I'm just thinking of Phil Davis responding to the rumours earlier today.) Actually I guess I'm not even sure who the good journos are these days, but they must exist, right? Anyway it's something that happens in political discourse too, and it sucks.

The worst part about this is that when BS rumours are given air by mainstream outlets, even the good journos end up lumped into the "all media sucks" category. (I know you didn't say that PAFC27; I'm just thinking of Phil Davis responding to the rumours earlier today.) Actually I guess I'm not even sure who the good journos are these days, but they must exist, right? Anyway it's something that happens in political discourse too, and it sucks.
These days journos would rather be first than right which is why the majority suck.

Even with Taranto back Ward out means Cogs isn’t going out of that midfield let alone dropped. He’s a bit out of sorts but take out the forward pocket game and he’s still got a BCV average of 101 which is around what he was priced at to begin with. No s**t we wanted more but he’s still not the worst pick by any stretch.

few and far between

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back