Trades Round 7 Trades

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
few and far between

The fact that I had to stretch myself to think of one, and then when I did—Martin Flanagan—I see his bylines are few and far between these days (maybe working on books as he's getting on in age) is probably not a great sign. I mean there are probably more out there, but it's far from the norm, I agree. I actually gave some thought to starting a magazine or website a while back with more, ahem, "thoughtful" footy coverage but never progressed any further. I wonder if there'd be room for such a thing.

Anyway, sorry, slightly derailing the trades thread. Let's talk about Mills!

Heeney out for season, JPK out for 6+
Mills & Stephens might continue their good scoring..

Whilst on Callum Mills, imagine bringing him in last week, at quarter time he was on 1 point. You'd rage.
QxQ scores of 1,46,49,29

He's probably their best player at this point tbh. I don't watch them closely enough to know if the following is actually fair, but it still blows my mind that Mills doesn't go through the midfield more. I know he can do a lot as a defender, but surely he'd be more impactful if he was allowed to follow the footy. Does this open things up for that to happen? And more importantly, do the Swans have anyone to take his place in defence?

He tempts me every season, and actually I've started with him a couple of times too. I'd love to bring him in but I don't know if Horse can be trusted (and surely this week in particular was, as Cal might say, an anomanaly?).

Last edited:

Have two shitheads in Westhoff and Cripps who will loose 25k plus next week. Thinking of bringing in Brodie S and H Greenwood who should both make 25k each easily. Do u guys think this is a wiser decision than bringing in simpson + rankine. Was high on rankine until i realised most of his points came from scores.

Have two shitheads in Westhoff and Cripps who will loose 25k plus next week. Thinking of bringing in Brodie S and H Greenwood who should both make 25k each easily. Do u guys think this is a wiser decision than bringing in simpson + rankine. Was high on rankine until i realised most of his points came from scores.

He could have easily scored a couple more goals though, he looks a natural goal scorer so I don't think it's gonna be uncommon to see him kick 2-3 goals a lot of games. Besides, when he is as cheap as he is, I more just want the job security and chasing the low breakeven for now.

Definetely back in either Greenwood or Smith. Think Greenwood may be the better option as he is tearing it up without Rowell and his scores should be more sustainable, Smith's is entirely dependent on the ball to keep living in the crows D50 (v likely) and his role (worried crows will keep throwing the magnets around if they keep getting smashed).

Ok, I am just not sure what to think about Ceglars downward spiral. Should I just wait it out and clean up some rookie/bench problems, or do you think these scores will linger? Was he taken out of the ruck? Its not like Grundy went crazy. Hate to give him up yet if he can get it straightened back out

Which is a better option- Young to Mills or T. Brown to Hibberd?

Hibberd is a safe rookie imo and Mills is potentially an underpriced premo. Currently leaning towards Hibberd but it's still up in the air.

Ok, I am just not sure what to think about Ceglars downward spiral. Should I just wait it out and clean up some rookie/bench problems, or do you think these scores will linger? Was he taken out of the ruck? Its not like Grundy went crazy. Hate to give him up yet if he can get it straightened back out
Think he's lost some ruck time to McEvoy. Trade

Hopeful trades this week:

Mr. Worldwide -> Whitfield (DPP D.Cameron to R3)
Ceglar -> S. Simpson

Leaves me with 169k in the bank, and move to room next week (unless of course, very likely in fact, we have 11 forced trades next week :sick:)

Hoping next week I can trade Cripps down to a very underpriced Brisbane midfielder ;), and then Starc up to hopefully Mills, but likely to be just short of cash, so will go Jayden Short.

With Simpson being a popular in and playing on Thursday night a lot of trades will have to be done prior to sunday squads being culled.

Last edited:
At this stage thinking:
Ceglar -> Simpson via Whit DPP
Starcevich -> Mills
Leaves 160k in the bank for next week

Means keeping young, which I feel is ok depending on injury severity as I will still have McPherson and Butler as cover (hoping at least 1 keep their spot)

Yeah it's a lot of coin, but then Ceglar -> Simpson is basically an upgrade at this point. The fact you make cash is secondary.

Either way you're probably intending to trade Ceglar the week after. So it may as well be this week and save that $20-$30k loss of cash when he misses his BE again this week.

If you're nervous about the cash sitting there then consider doing Ceglar -> Simpson as trade one, then upgrade either of Taylor or Starc?

ie
Ceglar -> Simpson
Starc -> Short or Taylor -> Whitfield.
This is essentially my moves - just depends which defender to bring in, and instead of Starc will trade Rivers

(Log in to remove this ad.)

With Simpson being a popular in and playing on Thursday night a lot of trades will have to be done prior to sunday squads being culled.
This is going to be a major issue
Bennell, Rivers, H.Jones, Young, Serong, Sturt, B.Williams, McPherson, Hamil, McHenry and King all chances to be on extended benches.

Time to bail I think (I am).

McEvoy's minutes have been increasing with each passing game almost like they're prepping him back for ruck duties so they can drop Cegs.

In any case. He's had long enough now to show something, he was handy early for DPP but there's no value keeping a $550k+ player averaging 50 now. May as well be Rankine or Simpson.

Which is a better option- Young to Mills or T. Brown to Hibberd?

Hibberd is a safe rookie imo and Mills is potentially an underpriced premo. Currently leaning towards Hibberd but it's still up in the air.

Tempted to hold Young. Sounds like he's in a race to still play this week. Which suggests he's back next week at worst.
Young is good enough to hold that D6 spot potentially for the whole year I reckon.

So grab Hibberd is my thoughts.

Why are the rookies we want always Thursday!?

My two trades are:
OUT: Cegs, Taylor.
IN: Simpson, Whitfield.

But I'm not sure which way is a better way to orientate them incase I need to reverse one? My D6 position is vulnerable (Young) with only Starc (risk of being dropped) and Rivers (doubt he returns). So I may yet cop a forced trade there with my 2nd trade.

I've currently got it setup as:
Taylor -> Simpson
Cegs -> Whitfield
If I have to reverse the Whit trade to plug a hole I'd rather Ceg's on ground over Taylor (who may not even play?).

Alternatively I run with:
Cegs -> Simpson and
Taylor -> Whitfield.
So I've atleast moved Cegs on and Taylor wont lose as much coin this week (if any at all).

Decisions decisions. We should at least have some answers before bounce down tomorrow.

Tempted to hold Young. Sounds like he's in a race to still play this week. Which suggests he's back next week at worst.
Young is good enough to hold that D6 spot potentially for the whole year I reckon.

So grab Hibberd is my thoughts.
This is my thinking with Young. Hoping he either gets up or is worst case missing the 1 week. Can see Starc getting dropped this week so if that happens it'll be back line carnage with Brander potentially not getting up as well. Would love a few Brissy boys take on their changes this week. Witherden is too good a prospect to still be on the sidelines and after their loss to Cats I'm expecting some backline changes

This is my thinking with Young. Hoping he either gets up or is worst case missing the 1 week. Can see Starc getting dropped this week so if that happens it'll be back line carnage with Brander potentially not getting up as well. Would love a few Brissy boys take on their changes this week. Witherden is too good a prospect to still be on the sidelines and after their loss to Cats I'm expecting some backline changes

I just need one of Starc / Young or Rivers to get a gig.
Worst case scenario will be Starc is dropped and Young/Rivers are extended benches being the Sunday games. I wouldnt have the confidence in either of them making the final squads this week.
And my likely swapout target in McPherson isnt playing till the Monday, so I may not even know on him either!

I'll be in a pickle as I'll only have ~ $500k to work with moving Starc on in that scenario. Which is a Doedee or Stephen Hill sort of option. Or comit to the double downgrade this week targeting McPherson or Butler (butler may get dropped also...).

Though in saying that.... Cegs+McPherson probably wont even score Whitfields score. So I'd almost be better off copping the donut! haha.

Why are the rookies we want always Thursday!?

My two trades are:
OUT: Cegs, Taylor.
IN: Simpson, Whitfield.

But I'm not sure which way is a better way to orientate them incase I need to reverse one? My D6 position is vulnerable (Young) with only Starc (risk of being dropped) and Rivers (doubt he returns). So I may yet cop a forced trade there with my 2nd trade.

I've currently got it setup as:
Taylor -> Simpson
Cegs -> Whitfield
If I have to reverse the Whit trade to plug a hole I'd rather Ceg's on ground over Taylor (who may not even play?).

Alternatively I run with:
Cegs -> Simpson and
Taylor -> Whitfield.
So I've atleast moved Cegs on and Taylor wont lose as much coin this week (if any at all).

Decisions decisions. We should at least have some answers before bounce down tomorrow.

I'd be more worried about moving Cegs on as long as Taylor is named.
Yeah he had a 10 but a 74 and 58 before that is good enough to field and probably scores more than Ceglar would against Max anyway!
Plus, as you say won't really drop too much cash if any whereas Ceglar almost guaranteed to. Also the possibility Ceglar could be named on the bench for Sunday and could get cut after the cats have played

I'd be more worried about moving Cegs on as long as Taylor is named.
Yeah he had a 10 but a 74 and 58 before that is good enough to field and probably scores more than Ceglar would against Max anyway!
Plus, as you say won't really drop too much cash if any whereas Ceglar almost guaranteed to. Also the possibility Ceglar could be named on the bench for Sunday and could get cut after the cats have played

Actually it works a lot better that way.

Then if I need to reverse Taylor -> Whitfield I've got $349k to drop on Starc so I could get anyone under $730k.

Cya later Cegs!!

Starc not even really listed as a possibility of being dropped from my read earlier in the week. Mitch Robinson is a out through injury, possibility of Witherden coming in for Birchall and there was a fair bit of disdain towards Ah Chee as well. Haven't looked in a couple of days though so I'm not sure if the vibe has changed.

At this stage

Out: Ward, Young
In: Simpson, Lloyd

Really would have liked to get Whitfield but with Young and Starcevich D5 + D6 I really need to cover the potential donut there.
Lloyd and Docherty are the only 2 must have backmen, so it will be good to get both.

Still 200k in the bank after this week, so Whitfield might be gettable next week.

Just looking to upgrade in my back line at the moment, is Callum Mills a legitimate option? Not overreacting to the 125 on the weekend but outside of that he is only dropped under 69 (nice) once.

72, 74, 38, 80, 69, 125 is pretty solid outside of that one terrible score. It still feels not right doing it though.

Starc not even really listed as a possibility of being dropped from my read earlier in the week. Mitch Robinson is a out through injury, possibility of Witherden coming in for Birchall and there was a fair bit of disdain towards Ah Chee as well. Haven't looked in a couple of days though so I'm not sure if the vibe has changed.
Seems a lot on your board are calling for Witho/Answerth to make the team in your game day thread. Who comes out if they come in? Is it Starc or someone like Ah Chee?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back