Autopsy Swans v Tigers discuss

Remove this Banner Ad

JPK 6 weeks, Heeney the season

Far out. We can’t win on any front at the moment.

That's just it, we do! Sydney and Melbourne are bottom four material.
Ok. That's it. Goodbye.

Any other oppo posters need to remember where they are posting. You are welcome to post here but any sign of baiting or otherwise will be dealt with more harshly than normal... You have been warned.

the pressure is mounting...

I think he's probably at his wits end. He has been dealt the hardest hand of any coach in the AFL this year IMO. Already going in as a young developing team, then undergoing the lockdown and the season resumption, then he's dealt a colossal injury crisis, and then on the morning he finds out his two best players are out for the season, he has to spend his morning doing a presser based on comments an opposition coach made.

I don't blame him for being fired up.

Not excusing yesterday's performance, I do think we went too conservative and that was clearly instructional, but as Horse himself said, there were other factors, like encountering a premiership defence that looked rock solid and gave us nothing. (As well as the work rate which I maintain was not there, which makes it hard to get any kind of attacking play happening.)

Horse has fired back at Hardwick in his presser. Called them unnecessary and unwarranted.

I do personally love how matter of fact he is.

Damien said he was frustrated, well bring your extra around the ball back into the forward line and let’s play 6 on 6 (or something to that effect)Lol

Not excusing yesterday's performance, I do think we went too conservative and that was clearly instructional, but as Horse himself said, there were other factors, like encountering a premiership defence that looked rock solid and gave us nothing. (As well as the work rate which I maintain was not there, which makes it hard to get any kind of attacking play happening.)

Don't buy that. Absolute cop out.

Move the ball forward, use the corridor. That will make us far harder to defend against. Instead we went sideways, backwards...often at a turtle speed. Give the defenders what they hate- the ball coming in quick.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Looks like it will be the next batch in Gould and Taylor... what do we have to lose by putting games into them. At least nobody will remember who got 17th in 5 years time.

Good. Use this season for development. Take each win if they come but don't expect them.

Don't buy that. Absolute cop out.

Move the ball forward, use the corridor. That will make us far harder to defend against. Instead we went sideways, backwards...often at a turtle speed. Give the defenders what they hate- the ball coming in quick.

I agree, and I said that it was instructional. But I think even Horse would've wanted us to take the game on more than we did. There just weren't enough willing to do so. That's on the players. Not to mention Richmond made it very hard to do so. That's on Richmond.

There's blame to go all around.

I agree, and I said that it was instructional. But I think even Horse would've wanted us to take the game on more than we did. There just weren't enough willing to do so. That's on the players. Not to mention Richmond made it very hard to do so. That's on Richmond.

There's blame to go all around.

Is it on the players or the coach. I disagree that a player wouldn't want to move the ball forward. It's been an issue for years, we are coaching the attacking flair out of players.

I think he's probably at his wits end. He has been dealt the hardest hand of any coach in the AFL this year IMO. Already going in as a young developing team, then undergoing the lockdown and the season resumption, then he's dealt a colossal injury crisis, and then on the morning he finds out his two best players are out for the season, he has to spend his morning doing a presser based on comments an opposition coach made.

I don't blame him for being fired up.

sink or swim time for the horse....i think he can do a great rebuild as long as he really wants it...but Harley needs to make the hard call either way, sooner rather later, because horse ain't cheap..

Is it on the players or the coach. I disagree that a player wouldn't want to move the ball forward. It's been an issue for years, we are coaching the attacking flair out of players.

It's on both. Horse should've instructed less conservative play, but the players should've been doing more to give us other options. When there's a lack of run or team work or energy in the players, how do you expect to run and carry, or take the game on through the corridor?

No one was leading or presenting or trying to create though, so of course our options were limited to meaningless kick to kick in the back half.

Quite likely the players might have a lack of confidence to move the ball forward given we have almost literally no tall forwards... not to mention our tendency to turn the footy over...

Look, we set a gameplan to take some of Richmond’s strengths away and let’s be honest we pretty much nailed that part of it. We didn’t quite get the balance right with players at times pushing too far up and not working hard enough (probably the more pertinent piece) to get back again.

If we went head to head with them, we would have got smashed.

Testing times for Horse for sure. He inherited a great list and gave us a premiership (should've been 2), but can we trust him to undertake a generational rebuild at the club...

Quite likely the players might have a lack of confidence to move the ball forward given we have almost literally no tall forwards... not to mention our tendency to turn the footy over...

Look, we set a gameplan to take some of Richmond’s strengths away and let’s be honest we pretty much nailed that part of it. We didn’t quite get the balance right with players at times pushing too far up and not working hard enough (probably the more pertinent piece) to get back again.

If we went head to head with them, we would have got smashed.

This no talls doesn’t wash. Spot shorter targets, move it quickly and use precision in kicking. You don’t need to have a tall up the field to mark the footy.

We need to use this season to get some attacking flair into our game. Otherwise it’s a longer way back and we ain’t attracting players with a rubbish boring gameplan

This no talls doesn’t wash. Spot shorter targets, move it quickly and use precision in kicking. You don’t need to have a tall up the field to mark the footy.

We need to use this season to get some attacking flair into our game. Otherwise it’s a longer way back and we ain’t attracting players with a rubbish boring gameplan
Precision kicking in the wet? Never change Big Footy.

Again though, precision kicking how? To who?

The boys were stagnant and flat-footed yesterday. There weren't any options presenting themselves beyond safe ones out to the boundary. They didn't seem to want to run or attack in waves, and on the rare occasions when a Swan worked hard to get into an attacking position, Richmond closed up the space very effectively.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back