AFL 2020 - AFL Round 8

Remove this Banner Ad

Seems like it's going to be very, very, very wet? Would be going on the unders myself and very unlikely a single player will kick 3 goals+ I would've thought

Similar as last night, I'll be going the ball winners for 15+ as there should be lots of stoppages

Not sure where your getting your forecast from, but in terms of rain, it will be far less than expected on the Gold Coast last night. They are saying around a 10% chance of rain.

Nathan Brown from Sportsbet is on a run with his SGM, Im 1 win from 5 attempts following him so I'll go in again. For some reason I reckon he gives better insights for teams he has played before (Bulldogs and Richmond). Below are his reasons and predictions:

SGM:
Richmond 1-39 pts (The Giants have lost every Inside 50 count in 2020 this season)
Under 123.5 points (both of these sides have been low scoring)
Anytime Goalscorer: Toby Greene

Thats paying $8.25

Last edited:
Nathan Brown from Sportsbet is on a run with his SGM, Im 1 win from 5 attempts following him so I'll go in again. For some reason I reckon he gives better insights for teams he has played before (Bulldogs and Richmond). Below are his reasons and predictions:

SGM:
Richmond 1-39 pts (they have lost every Inside 50 count in 2020 this season)

Thats paying $8.25
I actually like that one

Goalscorer bets from my side:

Dusty Martin to kick 3+ @ $13.Won the Norm Smith medal last year for his goals in the grand final, like Rankine last night,he will get his opportunities in front of goal.
Mabior Chol 2+ @ $10, Chol 3+ @ $61. Spent a bit of time in the forward line last week and he managed 2 goals. Not the worse big tall up there.
Castagna 2+ @ $5, Castagna 3+@ $20, Castagna 4+ @$101
SGM Taranto AGS, Castagna 2+ @ $11.50 (Powerplay to $12.50)

Taranto had his opportunities last week and the Giants gave him more time in the forward line. I see him spending a bit of time up there. Taranto 2+ @ 6.50, Taranto 3+ $23, Taranto 4+ @ 101

SGM:
Richmond 1-39 pts (The Giants have lost every Inside 50 count in 2020 this season)

Thats paying $8.25

This one is alright in the sense there is no correlation between the legs, so you are getting the full multiplier.

SGM:

Thats paying $8.25
Just put Richmond h2h, they are unlikely to win 40+ but if they did...

Just put Richmond h2h, they are unlikely to win 40+ but if they did...
I reckon Brown should put it in a H2H which is $2.25 for Richmond instead of $2.63 for the margin between 1-39 pts for Richmond. Anyone at $15 for Tigers to win by 40+ , I just want to have some insurance for that in case they do win by that much.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

2u Greene 2+ goals @ $3 (SB)
0.5u Greene 3+ goals @ $8 (SB)

Really don't think Richmond have anyone that will be able to contain Toby tonight. If anyone in the Giants team will be up for the GF replay tonight it'll be him. Expecting a big performance.

Last edited:
My only concern betting on Greene is that the umpires officiate him with separate rules to everybody else.

It is shambolic.

He'll get taken high, no free, run to the next contest, lay a solid tackle, whistle, free kick to the opponent for 'high' or 'in the back'.

This means he gets no easy shots on goal, he has to truly earn every single one.

My only concern betting on Greene is that the umpires officiate him with separate rules to everybody else.

It is shambolic.

He'll get taken high, no free, run to the next contest, lay a solid tackle, whistle, free kick to the opponent for 'high' or 'in the back'.

This means he gets no easy shots on goal, he has to truly earn every single one.
That is true, the umpiring of late has been shambolic, so maybe he gets a few in his favour...

Sorry for clogging up the thread with a few posts, but have two more.

2.5u Coniglio over 20.5 disposals @ $1.80 (lads)
2.5u Whitfield over 22.5 disposals @ $1.80 (lads)

Richmond tend to give up a few disposals to opposing mids, and should happen more so tonight in a game I expect them to get dominated in the midfield battle. Both these guys into form now after slow starts to the season and we get a one disposal better line than what other bookies are offering. Last three weeks we've seen numerous mids up on their season averages: Higgins 36 (22 season average), Dumont 25 (20), Polec 23 (20), Mills 29 (18*), Clarke 23 (18), Petracca 27 (24), Oliver 26 (25). GWS like to control possession, and although I expect a little more urgency tonight, I still believe these are great bets.

Mine for the night

Greene 2+
Taranto AGS
Dusty AGS
Perryman 15+
Lambert 15+

@18.25
Tailed @ $18.22 (but with the boost on Ladbrokes @ $21.66)

Richmond without: Caddy, Cotchin, Astbury, Prestia, Nankervis, Edwards and Houli.

This is the Richmond back 6: Broad, Grimes, Balta, Short, Vlaustuin and Naish. I don't know about you guys but the more i think about it the more, I think GWS forwards will carve this defence out, if they ball gets inside the Giants forward 50. I think the Giants will win this, their midfield is also a bit more harder and faster than the Tigers midfielders.

I always have a thing for GWS midfielders sneaking a goal. Beteasy has fantastic odds. Kelly inparticular is my favourite, he always finds himself forward and manufactures a chance for himself, he has kicked a goal 2/6 games so far this season but in every game he has had atleast one shot at goal. You can argue that with Greene back in the side and Taranto resting forward that itll be less likely for a Kelly goal but I think the odds are tasty.

Kelly AGS @ $4.00
Taranto AGS @ $3.00

And for those liking Taranto 2+ he's $11 @ BE

I always have a thing for GWS midfielders sneaking a goal. Beteasy has fantastic odds. Kelly inparticular is my favourite, he always finds himself forward and manufactures a chance for himself, he has kicked a goal 2/6 games so far this season but in every game he has had atleast one shot at goal. You can argue that with Greene back in the side and Taranto resting forward that itll be less likely for a Kelly goal but I think the odds are tasty.

Kelly AGS @ $4.00
Taranto AGS @ $3.00

GWS have brought in 2 forwards and only dropped 1 meaning i think Taranto will spend more time up the ground this week sadly.

Kelly AGS @ $4.00
Taranto AGS @ $3.00

Damn feel like I got shortchanged for 2+ with Taranto at Sportsbet. Thanks for the spot, taken him for 2+ at BetEasy @ 11.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back