Autopsy Bad, badder and ugly v Tigs - Rd 9, 2020

Remove this Banner Ad

Bevo: Hey Brucey, we'd love to bring you over to the club. We have struggled to half contests in our forward line and we think you could help with that.

Josh: So you just want me to make a contest?

Bevo: yeah, and take some contested marks and kick a few goals along the way.

Josh: *forgets to take contested marks and tries his best not to kick goals*

What a fall from grace for a bloke who clunked marks for fun and kicked 50+ goals a few yrs ago.

He’s so out of shape don’t you think Pugz?

He can’t get seperation, and cannot get off the deck to launch in the air at all.

And he’s spent when the call hits the ground.

COVID killed his season. Clearly he didn’t do the work. Shame.

Positives...

Macrae (finished with 37 disposals the most by any player for any club in 2020)
Wallis

That is all, although Vandermeer can hold his head high gave 100% for the whole game and for a bloke on just 8 games in is playing very well.

Gowers finished with -2 Ranking Points after playing 84 minutes, Suckling played 14 minutes for 11 Ranking Points.

We did not generate one goal, here are the score sources...

View attachment 922616

And here is the free kick breakdown...

View attachment 922617
This is excellent. Are you able to o this on a weekly basis? Great insight into the game.

Well, I certainly enjoyed the second half much more, as I watched it through my hands that were tearing my hair out! A lot of knee-jerk reactions (not unexpected, and understandable after a pathetic all-round effort like that.) Some serious questions need to be asked, but rather than pick the low-lying fruit like Gowers, or even Richards and Wood, how about the media ask Bevo WTAF he thinks he is trying to do? Also, if Bont is injured, maybe the best management is to rest him and get his hip right. If he's not injured, wow.
And on his goalkicking, I mentioned it in the gameday thread, but when he is out wide on the left with a set shot, I really don't understand why he doesn't use his right. He is well-balanced on that side, and really his goal-kicking from that position couldn't possibly be any worse. Bruce has me perplexed. He's had a few games where he hasn't impacted the scoreboard, but has at least worked hard to crash contests. Tonight was just a nothing game, not that he was alone there. I don't know what the hell Bevo does for next week. But what worries me more, is does he know?

Libba was a lot better than Lippa, was handsome Patrick even playing tonight? Libba is quite happy to get his hands dirty & make the odd blue. Some Prefer to keep their guernseys clean.

You gotta hand it to the Richmond recruiters and fitness staff. They've continually focused on speed and skill. Their players aren't tougher than other teams in the league, but they use their speed to pressure opposition sides like no other team has ever done.

Tactically we were slaughtered too, so this was hopefully big wake-up call for the staff and administrators.

Besides the McLean tagging experiment I'm not sure how many times we go into games trying to nullify specific areas of our opponents gameplan. We seem to walk in with the mindset that we'll just play to our own strengths and that'll be enough but when the opposition know how to shut them down we get smashed. We need to do more to stop teams playing their brand and at least force them to use their plan B.

We’ve been winning games, but we haven’t been playing that well. We’ve strung some wins together, but tonight’s first half was a bit of disaster. I was pleased the boys were able to half the second half. We’ve got to move on, it’s a subpar performance from us.

There’s no significant chemistry in our side at the moment, that’s what we’re searching for.

Nearly everyone was below their best, one or two tried to fly the flag. Richmond forced that a little bit, so credit to them.

That’s our coach. Your job is to fix all of that, that’s your job.

Why are people having a go at Josh Bruce who took a few marks and kicked a couple of goals in a loss?

Clearly the problem came from issues in transition defence and forward pressure, not the fact that a key forward whilst not being outstanding still got on the end of a couple.

I'm ****ing staggered for a guy that isn't really a natural forward, nor does he have the athleticism to play forward, but Wallis is the only one actually smart enough to position himself in the right spot.

A second forward marking target is soo urgently required. Balta was top 3 on ground yet 12 months ago Naughton destroyed him.

Absolute indictment on Schache not being in this team.

BTW i'll blow up if Macrae doesnt win a BnF, deserves at least one already. Absolutely criminal.
Pardon my ignorance, but who is Balta? A refugee from the baltic countries in detention at the Maribyrnong detention centre? Please explain!!!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Bev needs to sit down with Gowers and play him his highlights from 2018 to remind him how good he is have THAT talk.

EFA. Sadly, I think Billy was a one-season wonder. I'm not going to can him, I just think VFL is probably his level. We've had other players step up and at least give the indication there's maybe something there to work with - Butler, Porter. We need to set Billy free, Scrag, it's not fair to keep him caged in unfamiliar surroundings.

Bevo in the press conference saying he wasn't too disappointed with the 2nd half and the 1st half was a disaster.

Not entirely wrong, but they did miss 4 or 5 very easy shots in the 3rd quarter that could have turned it into an absolute thumping.

Now I'm not sure how many people are on the Match Committee but surely there must be one among them who has some insight into the blatantly obvious when it comes to selections. They can't all be blind, deaf and dumb. I'm not sure how this group can be made responsible but someone should stand up and ask serious questions. Perhaps that has to come from someone of higher position in the club. Unfortunately, the punters like us don't have a medium through which they can ask such questions. Someone needs to do it.

We’ve been winning games, but we haven’t been playing that well. We’ve strung some wins together, but tonight’s first half was a bit of disaster. I was pleased the boys were able to half the second half. We’ve got to move on, it’s a subpar performance from us.

There’s no significant chemistry in our side at the moment, that’s what we’re searching for.

Nearly everyone was below their best, one or two tried to fly the flag. Richmond forced that a little bit, so credit to them.

That’s our coach. Your job is to fix all of that, that’s your job.
I agree with you, but at least this week he was a bit more open in acknowledging that there is some problems that need fixing. It’s a start.

Bit of a know it all are we? It a forum people can write what they want.
Can’t wait to hear all the nuffie opinions from all the irrational Dog fans in here. I’ll touch base tomorrow to assess how ridiculous they are.

Aaaaaand Go...
This comment is so useful it belongs in a BBBUUUCCCKKKEEETTTT!!!!

Bevo in the press conference saying he wasn't too disappointed with the 2nd half and the 1st half was a disaster.

Not entirely wrong, but they did miss 4 or 5 very easy shots in the 3rd quarter that could have turned it into an absolute thumping.

It was an absolute thumping , if the Tigers kicked straight it would have been shellacking

Watched til quarter time, then had a couple of things to do.

Came back mid 3rd quarter, we're in front and pulling away. We've turned it around!

Was getting pretty excited until I realised I was watching us and Essendon.

The good wife had put on the replay and I didn't pick it up until nearly 3/4 time...

She's still laughing 🙄

Why are people having a go at Josh Bruce who took a few marks and kicked a couple of goals in a loss?

Clearly the problem came from issues in transition defence and forward pressure, not the fact that a key forward whilst not being outstanding still got on the end of a couple.

Isn’t he part of the forward pressure? I get what you’re saying but the days of the fuller figured gentleman at full forward are behind us.

Josh needs to put down those barbells and pick up some salad tongs, you know I’m right girlfriend

Game was already lost with the forward line.
Its not functioning.
Suckling isn't the answer
Lloyd well he isn't performing
Gowers enough said
Play someone different.
Greene ,Schache or Lewis Young.Or even Cavarra.Bruce needs to be dropped.Lewis Young couldn't be worse.Dont care how many packs he crashes.The bloke drops too many marks and kicks for goal like he doesn't care..

Remove this Banner Ad

Back