AFL 2020 - AFL Round 10

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

8 goals will be enough for either team to win tonight.

What has AFL become FFS?

I was wrong, Port only needed 6 goals to win tonight. :drunk:

SB really should be offering $100 odds for all those 5+ goal scorers.

The odds would have been interesting if played at a neutral ground like in QLD/Perth.
Not much between the teams. WB kicked poorly so it could have been closer, but it's hard for WB to kick a winning score with Bruce as the only key forward.

Both teams have much upside though with key players out.

I kinda enjoyed the game. Perhaps it was because the line bet came good, but found it a real intense, tight and tough game of footy. Also love seeing a key forward impact the game with strength and aggression.

Not much between the teams. WB kicked poorly so it could have been closer, but it's hard for WB to kick a winning score with Bruce as the only key forward.

I kinda enjoyed the game. Perhaps it was because the line bet came good, but found it a real intense, tight and tough game of footy. Also love seeing a key forward impact the game with strength and aggression.

Bevo made the mistake of not playing Bont forward earlier in the game when they had control of the game, Bruce choked badly. Bevo moved Bont deep forward in the 3rd and it was too late then.

Bevo made the mistake of not playing Bont forward earlier in the game when they had control of the game, Bruce choked badly. Bevo moved Bont deep forward in the 3rd and it was too late then.
Are coaches slow to react this year or is it just me? Plenty of examples of terribly functioning forward lines yet when changes are made (if at all) the horse has already bolted. Port backline is solid AF. Bruce is a way better third forward than sole target. Dunkley back so Bont forward seems logical? These teams just bombing into the forward line and then watching it rebound back out...

Are coaches slow to react this year or is it just me? Plenty of examples of terribly functioning forward lines yet when changes are made (if at all) the horse has already bolted. Port backline is solid AF. Bruce is a way better third forward than sole target. Dunkley back so Bont forward seems logical? These teams just bombing into the forward line and then watching it rebound back out...

Wallis looked dangerous despite the limited opportunities he had, created a lot of scoring opportunities for those around him, unlike Bruce.

There was a stat that said Dogs had 15 I50 to Ports 3, if Bruce was replaced by Bont, it may have been a different story.

Im trying to work out if I am salty my bet lost or that the Dogs choked?

Yep I definitely agree. AFL games don’t need to be high scoring to be entertaining.

Yep I definitely agree. AFL games don’t need to be high scoring to be entertaining.
Sure but it depends why they're not scoring.

Is it because one or both teams are:

*Playing an extra man behind the ball
*Clogging up the corridor
*Playing down the line and then heading for the boundary at every opportunity
*Playing tight man-on-man around stoppages and causing rolling mauls

If so, it generally makes for a crap spectacle. We don't get to see many exciting chains of play.

It's like watching the Belarus soccer league vs top leagues e.g. EPL.

The low-tier mids and forwards just aren't good enough to link up and create exciting passages of play. It becomes a war of attrition.

That's what we saw tonight: Port scored two big goals on turnovers when the Dogs were trying to make something happen either through the corridor or on the switch.

This boring, dour football is for the tip. Something needs to be done.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Taking the Tigers tommorow over 60.5 pts, think with Rich and Birchall out they lose a lot of poise down back yes Witherden is solid but he's Young and the faster style of Brisbane Richmond won't mind especially with Vlastuin back to intercept and Cotchin to help nullify Brisbane inside dominance, I think we can see Richmond kick an ok score here and make a statement that they are still one of the top 4 teams in comp with WC, Port n Bris,also Lynch n Riewoldt found some touch last week good for this bet.

I also have to apologise for giving a bit misleading information yesterday. The wind was going in a “southerly direction” which I thought meant from north to south. (To the right of tv screen)

Reading this From Wikipedia:
Wind direction is reported by the direction from which it originates. For example, a northerly windblows from the north to the south.”

so it made sense for Bontempelli who won the toss yesterday to kick to the left of TV screen as the wind was going from south to north.

Geography was never my forte in high school and uni.

Neale’s disposal line set at 29.5 tonight, a 35.5 with true quarters, can anyone remember a higher line?

It is pretty high. 1 thing I can say though is he is averaging an extra 5% TOG this year. The amount of time he spends on the ground is crazy, he almost doesn’t rest. Richmond don’t tag either so I can see him going over 30 tonight

Jack Higgins $8.50 for 2 or more. He hasnt kicked many goals this year but watching him last week he was getting into the right positions and i think he is well overdue to ‘snag’ a couple.

3u Neale most disposals @ $1.80 (PointsBet)
3u Dusty over 80.5 fantasy points @ $1.88 (BetEasy)
2.5u Cameron 2+ goals @ $1.82 (Ladbrokes)
2.5u Rayner AGS @ $1.70 (TAB)

Like Neale to go 30+ tonight, but with this market he can still win it with 27+. No tagger from Richmond, big game.
Dusty starting to find some of that form, bit of a personal motivation factor tonight with Neale out to “steal his crown”
Have liked what the small-med forwards have done to the tigers in recent weeks. Both hitting these more often than not

Last edited:
Can they do a justice refund for Woodcock pls

Is Snicko used for every AFL ground?

The irony of the decision is that I felt it may have been touched off the boot of Woodcock, I actually though did think it was a goal, ie not hitting the post.

I think he was paying $2 AGS too.

like dusty for goals tonight. lions are easily his favourite team to play against. they are going in with a very inexperienced backline and i dont reckon they have anyone that can go with him (most team dont to be fair).

best odds at sb
2+ @ 3.10
3+ @ 8.50
4+ @31 (15 and under elsewhere)

riewoldt and dusty 2+ paying 8.50, add an easy 15+ for the bonus bet back

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back