Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Conditions for tonights match between Richmond and Brisbane:

Weather : 19 Degrees Celsius
Humidity: 61%
Dew Point : 11.3 Degrees Celsius
Wind: NNW 18 km/hour

Forecast for Gold Coast: Partly cloudy. Light winds becoming N/NW 15 to 20 km/h in the late evening. (Image below shows True North position of the ground)

1596503568188.png

There should be a wind advantage going to the right of the TV screen with a NNW wind coming tonight. There should be less dew on tonights ground in comparison to last nights match as indicated by the temperatures as well.

Attachments

• 1596503310515.png
    1596503310515.png
    3 MB · Views: 23
like dusty for goals tonight. lions are easily his favourite team to play against. they are going in with a very inexperienced backline and i dont reckon they have anyone that can go with him (most team dont to be fair).
Excellent call.

Martin kicked two against Brisbane in Rd 23 and then six in the QF the following week.

He kicked three last week, two each in the previous two rounds.

You're right about the Brisbane defence. They have brought in a new KPD for his first game.

And the Lions are coming off a four day break, Richmond a six-day break.

Martin 2+ @ 3.10, 3+ @ 8.50, 4+ @ 31 and 5+ @ 101 all seem like overs to me.

Martin 2+ into Richmond win is @ 4.75.

Martin 3+ into Richmond 25+ is @ 23.

According to somebody on the Brisbane board, the teams selected:
  • Average games played - Richmond 84.8 vs. Brisbane 73.5 (+11.3 games)
  • Average age - Richmond 25.3 vs. Brisbane 24.3 (+1 years)
So the Tigers have an extra two days rest (6 vs 4), a more experienced team, and an older team.

And they spanked the Lions twice last year.

Can somebody explain to me why the Lions are favourites?

Is Snicko used for every AFL ground?

The irony of the decision is that I felt it may have been touched off the boot of Woodcock, I actually though did think it was a goal, ie not hitting the post.

I think he was paying $2 AGS too.

Wasn't touched but * me when do they use the 'daylight' rule. The snicko was the ball bouncing! Stiff.

So the Tigers have an extra two days rest (6 vs 4), a more experienced team, and an older team.

Can only imagine is being played in Queensland, Brisbane will feel like its more of a home game to them, than home match to Richmond. If I stand to be corrected , Brisbane have been based back in QLD since 19/7/20. Richmond have been away for a while, its always more comforting to be based in your same state for a period of time.

Wasn't touched but fu** me when do they use the 'daylight' rule. The snicko was the ball bouncing! Stiff.

With cricket we can see and hear the legitimacy of how well snicko works, in the AFL the technology is not at that stage yet. Dont laugh but one day we will see the goal posts light up if touched.

There is a lack of a proper system in place in my opinion. The third umpire even with technology does overrule it at times in cricket.

We need also a system in place where the benefit of doubt goes to the player, ie a goal is scored. Our game needs more high scoring to make it more entertaining, at least its one element to improve it.

From somebody on the main board:

I'm concerned with how young our defense is. The starting six named has an average age of around 22.4, with Starcevich off the bench who's 21. Essentially we're missing Lester, Birchall, Rich +/- Adams from what would probably be our starting back 6-7.

A back six with an average age of 22.

Andrews is a gun but how does a defence that young cover the best forwardline in the comp?

Making matters worse, Rich and Birchall are their primary movers out of defence. Neither is playing.

Rich had 10 rebounds from defence in the final against the Tigers last year. Next closest was 5 (Adams and Hodge).

Last week against GWS their two leading rebounders were Rich and Birchall (4 and 3).

The only thing stopping me from loading up on Richmond 25+ is that they have two points from the draw, don't really need percentage.

With a game in Adelaide on Saturday, if they build a decent lead, why not just take their foot off the gas and cruise?

From somebody on the main board:

I'm concerned with how young our defense is. The starting six named has an average age of around 22.4, with Starcevich off the bench who's 21. Essentially we're missing Lester, Birchall, Rich +/- Adams from what would probably be our starting back 6-7.

A back six with an average age of 22.

Andrews is a gun but how does a defence that young cover the best forwardline in the comp?

Making matters worse, Rich and Birchall are their primary movers out of defence. Neither is playing.

Rich had 10 rebounds from defence in the final against the Tigers last year. Next closest was 5 (Adams and Hodge).

Last week against GWS their two leading rebounders were Rich and Birchall (4 and 3).

The only thing stopping me from loading up on Richmond 25+ is that they have two points from the draw, don't really need percentage.

With a game in Adelaide on Saturday, if they build a decent lead, why not just take their foot off the gas and cruise?

Agree with you on this , if you take out Rich and Birchall that's got 471 games of experience out of the backline. Brisbane's defence doesn't look as strong on paper. They are a more attacking team, rather than known for their defence. Andrews probably gets the best tall Richmond forward in Tom Lynch. Not sure who would get Riewoldt and Martin?

Starting to think Richmond forward line might cause a bit of trouble for the Brisbane defence.

1596508472835.png

In fairness, from the team which spanked Brisbane twice last year, the Tigers are missing their two leading ball-getters (Prestia and Houli).

This shapes up as an intriguing match. I hope the umpires don't get too involved -- or, if they do, they favour Martin and the Tigers :thumbsu:

That Richmond front 6 is as good as any front 6 of any team in the comp. Aarts has been the surprise packet for me, Castagna is a natural small forward......Just a bit worried whether Richmond midfield can get enough of the ball against: Lachie Neale, Zorko, McCluggage, Lyons and the Big O.

You could throw Dusty Martin into the midfield, as I think he could mix and match the Brisbane midfielders as the game goes on. Don't think he has the fitness at the moment to play the majority of the game in the midfield.

1596508651038.png

In fairness, from the team which spanked Brisbane twice last year, the Tigers are missing their two leading ball-getters (Prestia and Houli).

This shapes up as an intriguing match. I hope the umpires don't get too involved -- or, if they do, they favour Martin and the Tigers :thumbsu:
Umpires not being involved LOL. Mate you're in the wrong sport...

These umpires think the crowds are there to see them. Can't wait to use the whistle! Free kick every 70 seconds, what a spectacle

Umpires not being involved LOL. Mate you're in the wrong sport...

These umpires think the crowds are there to see them. Can't wait to use the whistle! Free kick every 70 seconds, what a spectacle

That 50m free against Ryan for the Eagles, all because he "made a face" at the umpire was the most ridiculous free I have seen this season, could have easily have cost the Eagles the game too.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That 50m free against Ryan for the Eagles, all because he "made a face" at the umpire was the most ridiculous free I have seen this season, could have easily have cost the Eagles the game too.
Didn't see much of that game and that's the first I've heard of this. I'd honestly say umpires shoot at about 40% accuracy

Worst officiated sport in the world. Partly due to grey area in rules but also they're just terrible. If in doubt, pay nothing, don't over officiate. A good ump/ref isn't noticed...

1u @ $2.05 - Riewoldt more goals than McCarthy (Ladbrokes)

0.5u @ $1.96 - Richmond Win (BetEasy double winnings up to $25 - Effective Odds of $2.92)

0.2u @ $19.00 - Dusty First Goal Scorer (BetEasy Odds Boost)

SGM: 1u @ $6.50 (SB Boosted - 1 leg fail bonus bet back)
- Dustin Martin 2+ goals
- Jason Castagna AGS
- Hugh McCluggage 15+ Disposals

SGM: 0.2u @ $25.00 (SB Boosted)
- Dustin Martin 2+ Goals
- Jake Aarts AGS
- Cam Rayner AGS
- Connor Ballenden AGS

SGM: 0.4u @ $14.86
- Dusty AGS
- Riewoldt AGS
- Hipwood AGS
- Bolton AGS
- Both teams to score 60+

Last edited:

Prestia, Caddy, Houli, Edwards, Astbury are experienced heads so probably why a lot of people are pessimistic or bullish.

Fairly certain Ryan pointed his finger at the ump as well...

Jayden Short under 76.5 fantasy @ 1.90 (Topsport). 3/9 at the line this year. All 3 of those in the last three weeks granted, so in form, but all in comfortable-ish wins and Brisbane clamp down defenders pretty well

Jayden Short under 76.5 fantasy @ 1.90 (Topsport). 3/9 at the line this year. All 3 of those in the last three weeks granted, so in form, but all in comfortable-ish wins and Brisbane clamp down defenders pretty well
Playing Houlis role right now which is why he is scoring well in fantasy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back