News Coronavirus (COVID-19) Discussion Thread II

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
He’s fronting up every day. The call to hire mall cops rests with him and he needs to be held accountable. The rest is right wing Murdoch vomit.

I think we agree. The mall cops hiring is a direct result of the scenario that I described.

Not sure what you mean by "the rest", though, as the current situation has arisen pretty much directly as a result of the mall cops decision.

I think we agree. The mall cops hiring is a direct result of the scenario that I described.

Not sure what you mean by "the rest", though, as the current situation has arisen pretty much directly as a result of the mall cops decision.

Yep. By the rest I mean this dictator/comrade dan stuff. These decisions and non decisions need proper analysis. That crowd can sit it out.

One day we’ll look back on the security guards shagging Covid iso people and laugh about it. In a ****ed up way it’s funny. I mean you can’t make that s**t up.

Fatal error for big ears though. Really ****ed that up. Can’t get passed it.

Last edited:

One day we’ll look back on the security guards shagging Covid iso people and laugh about it. In a f’ed up way it’s funny. I mean you can’t make that sh*t up.

Fatal error for Nobby though. Really f’ed that up. Can’t get passed it.

I’m sure the story is lack of PPE or safety protocols, but how desperate for a root do you have to be.

Surely if presented with a chance to have sex with a person who will infect you with a virus where you may choke to death, you’d just go bash one out.

I’m sure the story is lack of PPE or safety protocols, but how desperate for a root do you have to be.

Surely if presented with a chance to have sex with a person who will infect you with a virus where you may choke to death, you’d just go bash one out.

Id love to go down a rabbit hole with some terrible (in my mind hilarious) jokes on this but I’ll begrudgingly leave it.

Been listening to heaps of Schulz lately. He could do an hour on it.

The surface hasn’t even been scratched on this yet.

I think duty is the key word here..
Some of the people hired probably wouldnt be able get a job as a mall cop and I don’t think it’s in their duty/job description to look after Victoria’s bio security/quarantining measures.
But you’re probably right, we’ll probably see a few more early retirement/golden handshake deals. A Polly or two quit in disgrace to pop up on a board somewhere, and a couple of poor guards will go to jail.
What a world!
The reality is it probably only was a couple of guards and they probably knew they were doing the wrong thing.

However whether they should have been in that position is a much bigger issue in its own ways. On top of the dodginess of the contracts there have been issues with quarantine, just in terms of people being able to put up with it. Lack of genuine fresh air. Access to food, Comms, other necessities including important medications. Some people on their own without access to other people, including family. Some hotels have been shitholes.

People have been reporting this stuff since the very beginning of hotel quarantines for new arrivals. In NSW anyway.

That on its own should have been info that demanded the people managing the Vic outbreak take notice and implement proper training for the people being effectively asked to become screws.

for you and I, it’s a no brainer..
for Robbo who quit school in year 9, coz it was just to hard, who spends his day smoking ice and watching YouTube clips of Alex Jones, occasionally works security on the weekends.. yeah probably not so much.
Then the person responsible for hiring Robbo, given what he will be managing, needs to be held responsible as well.

Your highly intelligent input is appreciated as always.

This has been a life changing moment for me.
Don't post stupid crap like that and I won't call you on it.

FFS.

I'm not even a Buddhist but at its centre it's a more coherent set of thought processes than libertarianism.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This is nonsense. If you try and save money on huskies by buying a pack of hamsters to pull your sled from Anchorage to Nome it's not going to be the hamsters' fault if you lose the Iditarod. Using security guards on the disease front-line was Andrews' call and it has cost dozens of lives.
It's happened in NSW too. In Qld. Dunno about elsewhere.

Anyway security guards and soldiers are not different species. And Andrews is not personally responsible for this. He heads the government that made the decision. So he bears ultimate responsibility for what happens but the specific minister is personally responsible and the corporation that agreed to provide the service is even more responsible in terms of them failing to uphold their contract.

But you can't give the specific individuals who ****ed up their jobs in these circumstances a pass on any level and that includes the individual guards.

They made decisions that had consequences.

No one else made those decisions. THey did.

What I said isn't an opinion, it is fact. State governments are responsible for land management. Our government IGNORED the previous royal commission recommendations.

This has nothing to do with left or right, some of the Lib state governments also f’ed up, WA had the best land management practices in place and that is an ALP state.

Andrews is guilty and it is why he has dragged his feet on providing evidence for the new royal commission because I bet it will be scathing of him.
Do you know how many fire Royal commissions there have been in the last 80 or so years.

Have you read the report from the RC? So many of those recommendations are now standard practise, not just in Victoria as a result of governments implementing them. I didn't realise Dan the Merciless was running the state 10 years ago when the report was handed down none the less he must have been given he solely failed to implement the report and is guilty.

There have been countless RCs into fire in this country, they average one every five or six years I think, and the recommendations are nearly always the same as is the response. If anything the Black Saturday RC has been taken more seriously than others

As for Morrison. He failed to provide or fund necessary air support (fed responsibility not state) despite repeated warnings. Multiple fires could have stopped earlier with that air support. Then released the funding during the height of the crisis when it was useless as it was needed for leasing contracts six months earlier.

Parks NSW have done more hr burning and land management in the last decade than the previous two despite current state gov cut backs. And NSW was the state hit hardest by the fires.

It's happened in NSW too. In Qld. Dunno about elsewhere.

Anyway security guards and soldiers are not different species. And Andrews is not personally responsible for this. He heads the government that made the decision. So he bears ultimate responsibility for what happens but the specific minister is personally responsible and the corporation that agreed to provide the service is even more responsible in terms of them failing to uphold their contract.

But you can't give the specific individuals who f’ed up their jobs in these circumstances a pass on any level and that includes the individual guards.

They made decisions that had consequences.

No one else made those decisions. THey did.
Without shaking the wrong end of any stick, I reckon there is a vast difference between a security guard and a soldier. Ethos and discipline. Well at least there should be. Imo.

If you are given a job as a security officer for hotels in which people are being quarantined because they potentially have a highly infectious disease, how much training do you need to know that shagging the people you are guarding is wrong?

I agree that accountability has to flow upwards on this to the CEOs and ministers responsible.

Bullshit , every job has perks , well at least they should .

P
Not saying you can't get covid in the country but you're not passing it on walking down the road with no other person around you for 700m.
Your lack of knowledge of Regional Centres is a concern let alone the fact that once an infection is in a Home the spread is on.
There are rumours up here of 3 cases last night. The panic is as real as elsewhere.
Bendigo currently has 39 active cases and 10 new ones yesterday. Glenelg and LaTrobe are equally spiking.
True that I went for a walk with Woof yesterday and saw no one with my mask on, but we just don’t live our lives walking around empty paddocks or roads.

ferbs likes to jump on comments and misconstrue them so he can make himself out to be a hero with certain elements of the forum.

....or am I the only poster who thinks he consistently takes their comments out of context?

Tas's response seems to suggest the same thing.
I find each paragraph a confusing word salad, completely different point and difficult to follow.
But the overall meaning is exactly what you described.

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

No.

For starters how the fu** would you know? People have caught tetnus from soil in Sydney 100 years after the livestock left that site. The world is a fu**en huge place. As Spencer noted it has everything in it. So it's obviously happened somewhere at some time. How the hell are we sposed to know that persons name? Osmosis?

So apart from the dumb fu** nature of the comment what else?

What about incidental contact on the way to work?

You don't just leave home go to the site and do the job then come home. You need fuel for the mower. Potential maintenance. Fuel to get to work and back. Extra food cos you are working.

Etc etc.

Afaik no cases of transmission have happened in the open air. Tho I don't really follow this suff any more. So he may have a point if you teleport his franchisees directly to their work site with all necessary consumables and all equipment not in immaculate working order.

However since that isn't a real world alternative and it's the unexpected incidental contact that provides transmission vectors for this virus then his point ain't that great.

In fact it's more of a nerf ball than a point.
Pitty more of you weren't so particularly concerned about covid social transmission during mass protests in the streets.
Infact im pretty sure you gave a pretty eleobarte explanation on how protestors were taking sound precautions and social transmission risk was nothing to be concerned about

Pitty more of you weren't so particularly concerned about covid social transmission during mass protests in the streets.
Infact im pretty sure you gave a pretty eleobarte explanation on how protestors were taking sound precautions and social transmission risk was nothing to be concerned about

Given that it was weeks ago and there was not any resulting transmission, that assessment seems spot on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back