Autopsy Rd 11 Blues create a contest but fade in the last

Which players were in your bests against the Eagles today?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Doesn’t hurt as much as last week but still hurts.

Can’t blame umps for brain fades and letting back in the game.

Changing the ruck structure when the momentum was on our side was a bad move and saw a 3 goal swing.

The ins were the highlight of the game. Really positives!
Agree, all three ins must stay. Would like to now see Dow and Honey come in and mcGovern if fit.
think Pitt, Martin and one of either Murph or Samo have a rest.

True but can’t really break open a game. Also realised we are missing a few finishers in front of goal
A couple of straight forward kicks under no pressure turn overs
We seemed to not get the rub of the green with the umps, but am sure there is a little blue goggles seeing that way. If you just concede that the SPS holding the ball was wrong,which I am certain the umps will confirm then I don’t think the umpires influenced the outcome.
I’ll admit my goggles are tinted dark navy

Just like last week. Gave up a winning position and caved in .
No leadership, Murph, Cripps, Curnow, Docherty, and to a lesser extent Simpson.
How about trading Cripps while he has some value to the Dockers, two first rounders, or a first round and a decent player. Get a couple of experienced mids who have played finals.
Season is now shot, play Dow, McCreadie, B. Silvagni, Honey, Philp, L. O'Brien, Ramsay.
Rest, Murphy, Cripps, Curnow, Simpson, Docherty, Newnes.
Very disappointed with the club. 20 years of failure and still a losing culture that runs very, very deep . The club does not stand up for itself to the AFL, poor president, never hear from him.
Years behind St.Kilda and Brisbane in re build and culture.
Yes, we have lots of injuries, but are they injury prone when recruited? C. Curnow, McKay, McGovern, Cunningham. Russell isn't doing any better than his predecessors in keeping players on the park.
Teague? I dont know, get Hodge. At least he would tuffen them up.
Sorry for the rant, but I have had just about enough of this crap from the club I love.

I think we should consider sticking a fork in the year. Sorry Murph and Simmo but we're playing the kids. Let's see if they can cut the mustard.

Murph is taking the spot that SPS should have, if SPS can't play a midfield role ..... He's rides bulls was is he so timid and uncertain when he gets the ball? At least he can tackle though.

Let’s be clear, the umpiring didn’t decide the game today, WCE were too strong in the end.

Both sides got a few lucky breaks - Crippa’s dodgy hand pass to Curnow was missed and ended up in a goal; not sure what Setters free was for; and Gibbons running in to block a defender allowing an easy mark for Levi was missed.

And yes WCE had a few lucky breaks, the non decision to Ryan amongst others.

But this HTB rule/interpretation today had me confused. Is prior opportunity relevant, or do players need to pretend to be making an attempt to dispose by writhing on the ground like a dolphin and beating their chest repeatedly with a fist?

Plenty to like, especially with 5 of our 6 forwards out.
I’d love them to keep TDK in.
I’d love Kennedy to spend more time forward. He’s be a weapon there, more so than Cripps who can’t buy a goal.
Thought Kennedy was excellent today. Both he and Setters are improving week on week.
i thought TDK hyper-extended his knee in the last quarter when he dropped that mark. Heart was in the mouth for a minute there.

Team selection next week will be interesting.
Looking like Martin out for a few. Maybe Honey as a direct replacement for the HFF role?
You’d hope H and maybe Gov to come back, but who goes out?
Cottrell would be unlucky to be dropped immediately, he did some nice things and showed some real toe.
Fish will definitely stay in.
Maybe Betts gets a rest?
Agree, thought Cottrell played well for his first outing. Showed some composure and deserves another run.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I can comfortably say we probably need another pre season of strength and conditioning before we will start to see our young core have a aerobic capacity and gut running to run out games like this.

And we can be thankful we are not Norf.

They are woeful lol.

Very impressive game from TDK - if he can keep this level of effort up and he isn't Carltonised - we may have found our next Kreuzer. Can you imagine how good the game from him would have been if he had taken 1-2 of his missed marks ? WOW the kid was everywhere.

Weird coaching decisions during game now becoming too common to be ignored.

Cottrell was ok

WB Fish - great game.

The usual flakey between the arcs game cost us - no surprises, the usual culprits did their usual thing or didn't do their usual thing no big deal - easily fixed by their coach or the next one.

thought SPS was one of our better players - the ump was cruel in giving a HTB against him I thought. His by foot delivery between the arcs is the best we've got, maybe Teague will figure out a way to get him more involved where does his best work one day,.

Pittonet injured (obviously) as was Levi and Martin goes off - pretty hard to do any better than we did given all above- and the umps were diabolical at times - but you have to expect that they expect Carlton to lose - we are good at that.

there is no doubt in my mind that the on-field performance of the team has improved this year - under difficult circumstances - this means that losses mihgt make supporters more upset than less.

Still: Curnow/McGovern/Mckay is a tidy number of KPP out combined with in game injury to Martin and Pittonet - you have to say it was an ok performance.

So losing the free kick count by 8 didn't cost us the game?

Go figure

No but it goes to show that even when you have the ball on a string and the opposition is chasing you they still manage to win the free kick count! How’s it possible to dominate a game and lose the free kick count by 8?

The opposition has more opportunity to infringe on you when you have much more of the ball. Yet in that game miraculously the bulldogs were saints and gave away 8 less free kicks?

Spare me seriously they’re costing us games and serious momentum swings and it’s blatant direction against us

18 forward 50 tackles for 0 free kicks to there 5 tackles for 3 free kicks says something is very wrong with the umpires and umpiring in general, our forwards get nothing week after week after week no matter how hard we try they give us nothing, so yeah we can blame the umpires.

When you expend that much effort to retain the ball for 3/4 of the game and can’t even get 1 free kick for an easy goal it’s no surprise they have the energy to run over the top, just sick of it, can’t play against 25 every week.
And they kicked 2 goals from those 3 free kicks.

Worth throwing Doc into the middle? He's been worked out down back. Not finding the footy and when he is he's been shaky by foot. Not defending well nor is he intercepting.

At his best he's the premier half back in the comp but he's struggling, and it's a tough position to play through a tag.

A run on the ball where he can find his own footy could do him a world of good.

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk
As I said during the st Kilda game I was surprised he wasn't sent into the middle day but he was moved to a wing I think or was that a week later

The backline non KP players are too slow. We can’t keep playing all of them together. Something needs to change. Need to have 1-2 quick players injected fhere.

I trust your opinion windows - who would you drop/promote?
If speed is the issue, then Polson and/or LOB would be my picks - but then their 1-on-1 defence could be an issue. I see it doesn’t hurt Daniel or Laird, being so much shorter than their opponent vast majority of the time.
Interested to hear your thoughts on a new back 7 setup.

Just like last week. Gave up a winning position and caved in .
No leadership, Murph, Cripps, Curnow, Docherty, and to a lesser extent Simpson.
How about trading Cripps while he has some value to the Dockers, two first rounders, or a first round and a decent player. Get a couple of experienced mids who have played finals.
Season is now shot, play Dow, McCreadie, B. Silvagni, Honey, Philp, L. O'Brien, Ramsay.
Rest, Murphy, Cripps, Curnow, Simpson, Docherty, Newnes.
Very disappointed with the club. 20 years of failure and still a losing culture that runs very, very deep . The club does not stand up for itself to the AFL, poor president, never hear from him.
Years behind St.Kilda and Brisbane in re build and culture.
Yes, we have lots of injuries, but are they injury prone when recruited? C. Curnow, McKay, McGovern, Cunningham. Russell isn't doing any better than his predecessors in keeping players on the park.
Teague? I dont know, get Hodge. At least he would tuffen them up.
Sorry for the rant, but I have had just about enough of this crap from the club I love.
Ill trade cripps for fyfe and serong.

Back