Injury Fremantle 2020 Injury Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Positive posts are exactly the sort of trojaning tools trolls will use. Come across them on other forums and when they get a little close to the wind with constant criticism the devious ones throw out some positives to cover their tracks. You do get to smell them out a bit after a while.
It’s hilarious you think I am a Troll. I have constructive and positive posts here in detail about issues such as our NGA prospects, the minute details of our Liam Henry points deficit, potential draft prospects That we might take, details on our trade options etc. all things that would require a significant investment of time to educate myself on, if I wasn’t already a big freo fan.
Why on earth would a person who has made 20,000 posts on the Collingwood board bother to do that?!
Still waiting on Taylor to acknowledge she got this one wrong!

We aren't winning the flag this year, it's highly unlikely we even play finals. I like Longmuir, nothing against him but if we prioritized fixing our medical team is the ethical and logical thing to do first. "A wasted year" i.e. from a commercial fan perspective is honestly pretty selfish.

We could have done both, for some reason we decided to back in the medical team for about the 12th year in a row. This isn't a case of choosing to get rid of Ross over the changing up the medical team, they could have easily done both.

We could have done both, for some reason we decided to back in the medical team for about the 12th year in a row. This isn't a case of choosing to get rid of Ross over the changing up the medical team, they could have easily done both.

I hope it was a case of it not being in our ability to do so, and the rest of the internal culling happens this off-season.

i think Taco was responding to the theory that perhaps they could do one or the other.

I don’t know how our S&C team remained in place if they had the $$ to do both. Baffling given our history.

It’s hilarious you think I am a Troll. I have constructive and positive posts here in detail about issues such as our NGA prospects, the minute details of our Liam Henry points deficit, potential draft prospects That we might take, details on our trade options etc. all things that would require a significant investment of time to educate myself on, if I wasn’t already a big freo fan.
Why on earth would a person who has made 20,000 posts on the Collingwood board bother to do that?!
I have no reason to disbelieve you either Dockeroo, but if you don't want people to think you are an opposition troll maybe you could just temper the frustration in your posting a touch. I think most of us are pretty frustrated with our injury record, but it serves no purpose to keep shouting about it on an online forum, particularly when that is couched in terms like:

"There are amateur footy clubs all over Australia in the various local leagues that are able to rehabilitate some of the same exact injuries in their players to a Much better Standard and level than the supposedly professional Fremantle Dockers football club. That is the cold hard truth."

If you can find better people in the amateur leagues, then I'm pretty sure the guys at Fremantle who are desperate for success would be able to as well. Unless you think the whole organisation is incompetent and unable to find simple solutions like yours. That's what trolling sounds like.

I have no reason to disbelieve you either Dockeroo, but if you don't want people to think you are an opposition troll maybe you could just temper the frustration in your posting a touch. I think most of us are pretty frustrated with our injury record, but it serves no purpose to keep shouting about it on an online forum, particularly when that is couched in terms like:

"There are amateur footy clubs all over Australia in the various local leagues that are able to rehabilitate some of the same exact injuries in their players to a Much better Standard and level than the supposedly professional Fremantle Dockers football club. That is the cold hard truth."

If you can find better people in the amateur leagues, then I'm pretty sure the guys at Fremantle who are desperate for success would be able to as well. Unless you think the whole organisation is incompetent and unable to find simple solutions like yours. That's what trolling sounds like.

Nah I don't agree.

Irrational stuff is posted on this board all the time. It's Big Footy. Unless someone is being offensive, obviously trolling or can legitimately be outed as an opposition supporter (which is at best unconfirmed) I'm not sure someone should be asked to change the way they post.

Probably the same reason why a West Coast one with thousands of posts also masqueraded as a Freo fan to post negative posts and stir up dissent.

You might be a Freo fan, the IP address match tells me what it tells me.

You can post how you like, everyone will react as they see fit, if you were a problem in my eyes I would have asked for a board ban - but I haven't.

i think Taco was responding to the theory that perhaps they could do one or the other.

I don’t know how our S&C team remained in place if they had the $$ to do both. Baffling given our history.

I have to admit that will be a tough call, considering JLo may not be available a year later.
I may have gone with JLo if I had to choose.

But yeah, it's interesting how our last 2 head coaches got sacked after a injury laden season but the S&C + Medical team stayed on.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Nah I don't agree.

Irrational stuff is posted on this board all the time. It's Big Footy. Unless someone is being offensive, obviously trolling or can legitimately be outed as an opposition supporter (which is at best unconfirmed) I'm not sure someone should be asked to change the way they post.
Yeah, you are entitled to your opinion as am I. I post irrational s**t all the time, and if I'm called on it fair bump, play on.

I'm not asking Dockeroo to change the way he posts, I'm suggesting if he doesn't want to be called a troll (which seems to be the case) don't post like one. You're telling me how I should post in the bolded above - good for the goose...

Yeah, you are entitled to your opinion as am I. I post irrational sh*t all the time, and if I'm called on it fair bump, play on.

I'm not asking Dockeroo to change the way he posts, I'm suggesting if he doesn't want to be called a troll (which seems to be the case) don't post like one. You're telling me how I should post in the bolded above - good for the goose...

No I'm not telling you how to post. I clearly said the opposite.

Our move from Fremantle to our new shiny squillion dollar base at Cockburn was to enhance our reputation and attract high end talent was it not?. A massive part of why we sacked our only grand finalist coach (on good money too) was due to image problems and the reputation he carried around that we no longer wanted at the club.

I can't think of anything more toxic to a clubs reputation or standing in the eyes of a prospective new recruit than an incompetent S&C staff that could not only screw your career up, but impede on your life after footy. How must Sturt and Young's parent's feel with them having surgery on their ankles after this crap?

S&C staff must be relatively low hanging fruit compared to a multi million dollar base or a high paid senior coach no?

No I'm not telling you how to post. I clearly said the opposite.
Yes, you're saying that someone shouldn't be asked to change the way they post - the implication being that I had asked Dockeroo to change the way he posts, therefore you are asking me to change the way I post.

We could do this for ages :)

the club clearly knows the fans aren't happy when they have had Bell step in to carefully discuss new injuries, delay mention of new or changes to injuries, and now JLo having to represent the club to discuss injury issues. There would have to be some naked pics in a locker somewhere for some big changes in that department not to happen later this year. Every other department and even players have been cleaned out over the past 3 or 4 years. This is the last area that needs serious turnover. I don't think they can go into next season having done anything less.

Probably the same reason why a West Coast one with thousands of posts also masqueraded as a Freo fan to post negative posts and stir up dissent.

You might be a Freo fan, the IP address match tells me what it tells me.

You can post how you like, everyone will react as they see fit, if you were a problem in my eyes I would have asked for a board ban - but I haven't.
Pretty disappointing that you have doubled down instead of admitting that you got this one wrong. You don’t have to agree with everything I post. I happen to have a lot of respect for your opinions on here even if I don’t always agree with them. I have strong opinions on the injury management issue that are shared pretty widely with many other fans as it happens. Maybe I’m a bit harsh with some posts but it’s comes from the frustration of seeing so many of our better players sitting out for months, even years on end in some cases.
I have no idea what your mystery powers as a moderator are. You seem to now be indicating that the IP address I post from (my phone I got about 8 months ago) is somehow identical to a random poster called dockeroo from Collingwood who has 27,000 posts? Come on Taylor. Please.

My advice would be to stop falsely accusing me of being a troll and just accept you got this one wrong. I’m just another passionate dockers fan who has a difference of opinion with you about about our injury management but probably has similar views on just about everything else at the club.

it's been done before, iirc Righteo called out old mate ShockersBoy11 and attached WCE account (who's name escapes me atm)

Pretty ironic given the golden age of trolling occurred under his leadership. Trolling was at its highest on this board when posters like SA, Salim Malik, Banker, Bushie and DannyTheDoorman were posting their explosive material.

Our move from Fremantle to our new shiny squillion dollar base at Cockburn was to enhance our reputation and attract high end talent was it not?. A massive part of why we sacked our only grand finalist coach (on good money too) was due to image problems and the reputation he carried around that we no longer wanted at the club.

I can't think of anything more toxic to a clubs reputation or standing in the eyes of a prospective new recruit than an incompetent S&C staff that could not only screw your career up, but impede on your life after footy. How must Sturt and Young's parent's feel with them having surgery on their ankles after this crap?

S&C staff must be relatively low hanging fruit compared to a multi million dollar base or a high paid senior coach no?
What if the leg injuries are caused by new training facilities?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back