Preview Rd 13 2020 22/08 Richmond v Essendon. Dreamtime in Dawin TIO Stadium 7:40pm - Regression Analysis, International Relations and the Human Condition.

Status
Not open for further replies.
IN: Bachar Houli
OUT: Broad

INS: Francis,Brayden Ham,Devon Smith,Irving Mosquito,Jake Stringer,Mason Redman,Tom Bellchambers

OTS: Brandon Zerk-Thatcher (Omitted),Conor McKenna (Injured),Jacob Townsend (Omitted),Josh Begley (Omitted),Kobe Mutch (Omitted),Shaun McKernan (Omitted),Tom Cutler (Omitted)

Irving Mosquito
NEW
-
[17] James Stewart - Playing 50th game

milestones
[33] Kamdyn McIntosh - Playing 100th game

Umpires
Matt Stevic (9), Robert O'Gorman (10), Hayden Gavine (14)

Last edited:
Every team looks tall against us. The Lions had 5 or 6 blokes in the team 195cm plus against us a few weeks and we still smacked em like we always do. I have faith in Dimmas selections this week. Going to be warm in Darwin and we have picked a team with some extra run. Still I'm very surprised with Broady being omitted 😳

What tall forwards do Essendon have?

You said Broad is no good and Markov is the way forward. So by saying that you must be envisaging him taking over Broad's role as the 3rd tall back.

Which means Markov will be playing on tall forwards for the rest of the season. I'm just saying that will be a disaster.

A surprise with selection, but not the overreactions lol. Bet it won’t do one bit of harm to Broad to have a rest. Looks match-up related, Bombers ain’t particularly tall, and without underestimating them, making that many changes makes it doubtful they will be cohesive enough to think they are a genuine threat. It will be interesting how the defence goes without Broad, I rate him highly and he seems to be underrated generally. But it’s not as if the brains trust that has delivered 2 premierships has lost the plot. Trust the club.

We're a people seeing the dons tall I'm not.Maybe rested Broad or matchup wise as there forward line alot of smalls.

Broady clearly being rested. Named an emergency as it looks arrogant to say he’s rested. The game will be played mostly below the knees with hot humid slippery conditions. Great call by the MC.

Yep, we did the a similar thing with Bolton earlier in the season when he was 'omitted' so that he could go learn the midfield role at reserve level, I didn't agree with that decision as I didn't see the need for him to learn anything, so also I don't agree with dropping Broad although after a busy schedule he could well be in need of a rest. I think Broad is an important cog in the backline and it is risky to change that up, in saying that with slippery conditions a more offensive player in Markov could be a better option if Essendons talls do fatigue and Markov can punish them more so than what Broad could.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back