Game Day Pre Season Richmond vs Collingwood 6:40pm

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cumberland is a match winner.. just needs to be more consistent and iron out some of his body language stuff.. be more present and do the basics right and he will be a huge asset at AFL level

Clarke completely different player.. can’t win his own ball like Cumbo can but obviously has different strengths which are great too
Don’t fully disagree but Cumberland like you said needs to be much more consistent. I think Clarke is a natural forwardline player who will be better than average when he gets fully fit ( coming off injury I believe?)

Cumberland is a match winner.. just needs to be more consistent and iron out some of his body language stuff.. be more present and do the basics right and he will be a huge asset at AFL level

Clarke completely different player.. can’t win his own ball like Cumbo can but obviously has different strengths which are great too
Cumberland needs to understand 1 thing and he'll be flying: KISS Keep It Simple Stupid.

Cumberland plays his best when he just does the simple things and his game yesterday showed that to perfection. First half he was trying to be the game breaker by taking the game on and making something happen. In the second half when he kept it simple he kicked 3 and had a handful of score involvements as we charged back into the game. Now if that can be drilled into him and he does the simple things, he has enough smarts and ability to turn a game on its head, but when he gets too caught up in trying to be a match winner and it doesn't go right and he then sulks about it, he becomes a liability.

Cumberland needs to understand 1 thing and he'll be flying: KISS Keep It Simple Stupid.

Cumberland plays his best when he just does the simple things and his game yesterday showed that to perfection. First half he was trying to be the game breaker by taking the game on and making something happen. In the second half when he kept it simple he kicked 3 and had a handful of score involvements as we charged back into the game. Now if that can be drilled into him and he does the simple things, he has enough smarts and ability to turn a game on its head, but when he gets too caught up in trying to be a match winner and it doesn't go right and he then sulks about it, he becomes a liability.
Yeah 100% this.. hopefully the coaching staff hammer on about his 2nd half compared to first and it clicks for him

Don’t fully disagree but Cumberland like you said needs to be much more consistent. I think Clarke is a natural forwardline player who will be better than average when he gets fully fit ( coming off injury I believe?)
Yeah I just don’t think you should compare the 2 as they completely different apart from both being left footers and play forward …
Def don’t play the same roles

Ok …. Perspective time.

3 of our best players last night were 25, 22 and 21yo … one we got for nothing. One most of you wanted delisted last year. The other we were probably all worried might never play again - Young, Dow and Gibcus.

Next, here are some of the pre-season results from 2023:

Hawks 100 v Pies 106
Freo 92 v Port 61
Sydney 97 v Carlton 54

or 2022:

Carlton 98 v Melbourne 93
GWS 100 v Pies 59
Suns 95 v Cats 72

We just played the reigning Premiers who were almost full strength…. let’s not panic.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Jesus effing christ, Short??????

Are you nuts???

No.1 Metres gained by absolute panels for YEARS. and half accurate.

Horrible, horrible, HORRIBLE call
Three things. One, metres gained is how far you kick not whether you hit a target. Two, does kicking in after a point count in the metres gained. And most importantly how many years has he got left. Most footballers are done when they are 31 and Short is already 28. It’s ruthless I know but who should we be investing in?

That narrative would be true except the Hawks had a 1-year contract offer in front of him. I don’t know why anyone is remotely concerned about Kosi … he’s 198cm and can play forward, pinch hit ruck or perhaps even move into defence if he fails as a forward.

Worst case he sits in the VFL for majority of the next 3-years as a back up tall for when injuries hit - given we have up a garbage draft pick and he’s not on huge coin who really cares?

Vickery was a head case involved with bikies and massive debts requiring standover men, on top of being paid big money by the Hawks (at the time). We got Bolton with the Vickery compensation pick.

Not even remotely similar even if Kosi is a bust.

Steady mate my post was only half serious.

Ok …. Perspective time.

3 of our best players last night were 25, 22 and 21yo … one we got for nothing. One most of you wanted delisted last year. The other we were probably all worried might never play again - Young, Dow and Gibcus.

Next, here are some of the pre-season results from 2023:

Hawks 100 v Pies 106
Freo 92 v Port 61
Sydney 97 v Carlton 54

or 2022:

Carlton 98 v Melbourne 93
GWS 100 v Pies 59
Suns 95 v Cats 72

We just played the reigning Premiers who were almost full strength…. let’s not panic.

It wouldn't be the Richmond board if there wasn't panic after a preseason game.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

some of our players are mentally broken beyond repair due to the umpiring. many of them have spent 7 years being reamed no lube by Steve Hocking rule changes and the umps. there's no fixing their brains
af98c-this.gif

Wellll after tonight's match maybe a few smiles will get wiped off and the real work of making the Finals begins afresh...
Bring back, Sonzie...Ross...Lynch...Nank...
Not enough pressure exerted to force the game our way...
Early days...Ooze and the Coaches will now get to work...after seeing this game!
Pressure wasnt too bad , if there was none it would have been a saints v esserden type score line , our connection into f50 was shite , like 5 marks and floundered every opportunity,,,,on reflection we could have done more to short pass , a lot of shots from 40 plus out is never high probability

Campaigners had chances to have a 4 odd goal lead at 1/4 time and apply scoreboard pressure but naaah Tigers dont do that.

Handball happy style won't win because we don't have the run anymore with this team. Kicking the ball long to Kosi, Balta and Ryan is not gonna win either though. We are a slow team that isn't good at stoppages, it's not a good combination.

Realistically we have virtually the same list as last year so not much could change. The best we can hope for this season is to find some young players like Dow, Gibcus, Sonsie and hopefully a few more that lock down starting spots by the end of the season. Dusty and Bolton will surely win us a few games, no idea what Lynch will provide, but yeah it's a long season ahead.

Please leave Pickett in the VFL
Pure genius.

Imagine if Pickett plays 85 games in the ones and 25 games in the twos and we miss out on all three/four of his kids as father sons/daughters when he'd be just about the best sub each week since the stupid idea was invented.

I thought he was nearly our best player despite one glaring error.

You really thought that one through.

I thought he was nearly our best player despite one glaring error.
There was more than one.

I agree with him as a permanent sub though. Better him than a young player only getting a quarter or two a week.

FMD. Ten years in and the same sooks are still whinging about the same s**t they know nothing about. Pre season and they write the year off. Despite the FACTS. Go back and look at 2016. Go back and look at 2017.

Take a look at Collingwood first year with McRae. Take a look at GWS first year with Kingers. Half way through they were junk.

Yet here we are 10 days before Game 1 and the pessimists, the same drunks that always sook are at it again. You'd think they learn but nah, never learned to hold their water. Drinkin beers and yakkin hard.

You can win 13 in a row from being bottom four at the halfway mark, and that's actually a good way to make a run. Might even win a flag that way. Carlton last year. Collingwood the year before. GWS last year too.

Ooze even said that's the plan.

But nah *in stick the boots in for a cheap shot. In the pre season lol

The players have trained hard, worked their asses off, got themselves ready of a LONG season. The supporters however just drank piss and chatted amongst themselves. The usual suspects. Weak as piss. Riding on coat tails.

Let's see what happens after the bye, when the real guns take their shots. The rest of you, sit tight. Because your opinions count for little except amongst yourselves. A supporter is a

Supporter.

Anything else is a sook.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back