Preview Richmond v Collingwood - Community Shield Game - IKON Park Tuesday February 27th 6.40pm

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Our finals preseason hit out takes place this Tuesday with a game against the reigning premiers Collingwood for the Community Shield in aid of Foodbank Victoria.

Both teams should be fielding close to their best 23s, with it likely to feature 26-28 players in total for both sides to manage loads.

Richmond will be strengthened by the returns of Martin Baker Taranto & Nankervis as we ramp up preparations for the the Opening Round clash against the Suns in 2 weeks time.

Meanwhile the Pies will be looking at getting some game time into the likes of Scott Pendlebury, Steele Sidebottom, Jeremy Howe, Jack Crisp, Tom Mitchell, Brayden Maynard, Jamie Elliott, Darcy Moore and Brody Mihocek who all missed the game against North earlier this week.

It will be interesting to see how we do match up against the reigning premiers after an impressive hit out against Melbourne last weekend.

How will our second string forward set up go against the best defensive unit from last year?

How will our rejigged midfield set up go?

Can our young KPDs Gibcus & Young stand up with support from Vlastuin & Broad?

For me this game will give a much better indication of how our season could unfold as it will be effectively our best side against the reigning premiers best side. If we can stay with them then it's good signs, if we get opened up a bit then there is some cause for concern for 2024.

Possible Line Up

B: Broad Young Vlastuin

HB: Short Gibcus D.Rioli

C: Pickett Martin Banks

HF: Bolton Balta Baker

F: Green Koschitzke Campbell

R: Naismith Hopper Taranto

INT: Dow Graham Ross Ryan Trezise Brown Sonsie McIntosh

Last edited:

Our finals preseason hit out takes place this Tuesday with a game against the reigning premiers Collingwood for the Community Shield in aid of Foodbank Victoria.

Both teams should be fielding close to their best 23s, with it likely to feature 26-28 players in total for both sides to manage loads.

Richmond will be strengthened by the returns of Martin Baker Taranto & Nankervis as we ramp up preparations for the the Opening Round clash against the Suns in 2 weeks time.

Meanwhile the Pies will be looking at getting some game time into the likes of Scott Pendlebury, Steele Sidebottom, Jeremy Howe, Jack Crisp, Tom Mitchell, Brayden Maynard, Jamie Elliott, Darcy Moore and Brody Mihocek who all missed the game against North earlier this week.

It will be interesting to see how we do match up against the reigning premiers after an impressive hit out against Melbourne last weekend.

How will our second string forward set up go against the best defensive unit from last year?

How will our rejigged midfield set up go?

Can our young KPDs Gibcus & Young stand up with support from Vlastuin & Broad?

For me this game will give a much better indication of how our season could unfold as it will be effectively our best side against the reigning premiers best side. If we can stay with them then it's good signs, if we get opened up a bit then there is some cause for concern for 2024.

Possible Line Up

B: Broad Young Vlastuin

HB: Short Gibcus D.Rioli

C: Pickett Martin Banks

HF: Bolton Balta Baker

F: Green Koschitzke Campbell

R: Naismith Hopper Taranto

INT: Dow Graham Ross Ryan Trezise Brown Sonsie McIntosh
No Grimes?

Win lose or draw, still wouldn't care about the result, just need to see them continue to practice Yze's game plan and get the new structures and positions right.

If Balta/Kosi work well in tandem, Gibcus has a good game down back with the other tall pillars, Bolton/Martin have their forward/midfield balances tuned in, the attacking gameplan comtinues to develop, I'd take that over a meaningless win any day.

And of course the biggest one of all, no injuries.

Win lose or draw, still wouldn't care about the result, just need to see them continue to practice Yze's game plan and get the new structures and positions right.

If Balta/Kosi work well in tandem, Gibcus has a good game down back with the other tall pillars, Bolton/Martin have their forward/midfield balances tuned in, the attacking gameplan comtinues to develop, I'd take that over a meaningless win any day.

And of course the biggest one of all, no injuries.
if that scenario plays out as you hope we will win by a lot.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Grew up in Greensborough. Remember in my youth catching the train on gameday getting off at Victoria Park station. Quite an experience mingling with the great unwashed and that's before you'd even entered the ground. 😂🤩
I remember.
Lived in Watsonia then.

My 22 for this game staking their claim would be,

Vlas Young Brown
Rioli Gibcus Short
Pickett Hopper Banks
Green Kosi Lefau
Baker Balta Dusty
Naismith Dow Shai

Broad TT Ross Sonsie

That is a bloody good team IMO

Lynch to replace Kosi or Lefau when he's fit

Grew up in Greensborough. Remember in my youth catching the train on gameday getting off at Victoria Park station. Quite an experience mingling with the great unwashed and that's before you'd even entered the ground. 😂🤩
That and princes park dogs of grounds, I need to add Windy Hill Linton street and scat park

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back