AFLW Round 4 Richmond v Carlton, 1:05pm Sat 23/09 @ Ikon Park

Remove this Banner Ad

It's also about talk too. It wasn't the play at that stage of the game either. Just had to go back and have a kick forward. She is young. Gets better and better thoug

It's also about talk too. It wasn't the play at that stage of the game either. Just had to go back and have a kick forward. She is young. Gets better and better though.
What she lacks in composure she more than make-up in her
Work ethic and never give up attitude

Reid has some class.

If Elle gets back and Grieser gets her confidence up.
We are gonna go alright
Yep. Reid benefitted enormously from the 7 or so games at Port Melb this last season gone in the VFL. Became a go-to player there and that helped her confidence a lot. Always had smarts, just needed the practice in game situations.

Shout out to demps , can play , 26p today , get it in her hands ,she’s a bloody good kick
Dempsey is a very clever player. Uses it well too. Just needs better receivers to make her look even better.

What a glorious day
Sun is shining
Birds are singing
Girls are on fire
Boney M blaring out
The Bluetooth speaker 🔊
And a Carlton loss......!

Shout out to demps , can play , 26p today , get it in her hands ,she’s a bloody good kick
Shout out to Egan too, I know her disposal is most ordinary, but her contest work, game high 10 tackles and game high 7 clearances means she helped Mon Conti get to work off her tag.

Gabby Seymour was colossal again.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Shout out to Egan too, I know her disposal is most ordinary, but her contest work, game high 10 tackles and game high 7 clearances means she helped Mon Conti get to work off her tag.

Gabby Seymour was colossal again.
Gabby has the most beautiful smile
Her personality would be infectious
Amongst the girls, a true leader
Without even trying to be a leader
Love the way she plays

finished the replay spoiler free, wasn't looking too great to start the 4th, was hoping that we didn't get down after dominating the vast majority of the 3rd qtr only to score 4 points

good effort of the defense to switch up and eastman to get moved back (after playing on the wing on debut) for the game after the late out of bec miller who is hard to replace

i say it all the time but i love how physical the tiger girls are, can always count on lynch to attack a contest, egan wraps people up solidly

wasn't excited when i saw kelly came in this week, feel like she offers nothing outside of a below average ruck(in the ruck) that is of little use elsewhere on the field. she had a decent rd2 game i believe but rd1 was even worse than todays game iirc. the ruck is definitely something we need to look to sort out over the offseason as seymour, while a star, is taking a beating week in week out and we need better cover for her. would like to see lilly pearce get at least one game this year just to see how she is and to give her a taste (if she's available)

glad reid is taking her vflw form in to the aflw, was good to see after watching her during the year

another game where the usual stars shined while a few others stepped up a bit, nice to see

god i love conti, egans also a star in and under, but the way conti breaks away is so good to watch

also umpires dog s**t for both teams (definitely felt like it favoured us a bit but)

on to freo

APP vs Website is a different no. On the APP Conti DE is 69% Greg's is 61%
website for me has greg on 71.4% & monti on 58.6%, fair effort for greg with 5 extra contested

to be fair to conti i reckon she got a couple of her desperate bottom of the pack "handballs" that didn't really connect well to clear the congestion called as disposals

totaling the contested+uncontested count on the site it's missing 1 disposal from each player in the count unless there's a 3rd type of possession the deep state hasn't told us about, maybe a soccer?

Last edited:
Gabby has the most beautiful smile
Her personality would be infectious
Amongst the girls, a true leader
Without even trying to be a leader
Love the way she plays
Can never question the girls work rate they crack in bloody hard tackle and pressure and our ball movement was much better today , more constructive handballs helped , hope for another W next week

We're looking good lately.
It'd be good if we could maintain the score board pressure . Get goals when the ball is up there.
Anyhow the AFL mens and womens games they deserve. Low scores. Low interchange nos.

If it was post heat fatigue we wouldn't have made the comeback. Our 4th quarters have been high scoring
Any how. I'll take the wins.
Maybe Poppy just for teams that have 2 big rucks.
Jeez it was funny our girls trying to spoil Moody in the goal squae. Like the Giant in Gulliver travels

Last edited:
It'd be good if we could maintain the score board pressure . Get goals when the ball is up there.
Anyhow the AFL mens and womens games they deserve. Low scores. Low interchange nos.

If it was post heat fatigue we wouldn't have made the comeback. Our 4th quarters have been high scoring
Any how. I'll take the wins.
Maybe Poppy just for teams that have 2 big rucks.
Jeez it was funny our girls trying to spoil Moody in the goal squae. Like the Giant in Gulliver travels
Sorry Laura at the AFL would call it good balance between offence and defence.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back