AFLW Round 3, GWS vs Richmond 16/09 1:05pm

Remove this Banner Ad

Bynch loves to throw her weight around haha
One of the more courageous, and she has a decent kick. We probably have enough depth now to start seeing her in midfield rotations. Egan still leaves me non-plussed - leaves too much ball at her feet, fails the basics too often, then she'll do something really good and you wonder why not all the time. Good tank though.

Last edited:
Reckon we were ok today, looked good at times, but really the Giants only looked dangerous in that 5 minute spell that they kicked 3 goals. We defended really well.

What we will need against the better teams is the G-train taking some marks. 0 marks todat just isn't good enough, we need her clunking marks inside 50, but also on the way our of our D50 to help us transition.

Dempsey I reckon is 1 of the most under rated players in the comp.

so we win by 19 points, but we're no good (we're s**t)

is that the story of the game?
Usual stuff - we leave too many opportunities unfulfilled. We slam the ball around too much, play on with no peripheral awareness (or talk) and turn it over and get killed on the rebound. Our defense won this game today, they were great. Could have been a 5-10 goal loss, but for the brilliance of our back half.

Reckon we were ok today, looked good at times, but really the Giants only looked dangerous in that 5 minute spell that they kicked 3 goals. We defended really well.

What we will need against the better teams is the G-train taking some marks. 0 marks todat just isn't good enough, we need her clunking marks inside 50, but also on the way our of our D50 to help us transition.

Dempsey I reckon is 1 of the most under rated players in the comp.
Dempsey is one of our best link players, so she isn't underrated. She has a step in traffic, not overly quick but reads the play intelligently. Example. In those last minutes, she could have been crunched, for a no value bit of heroics, so he chose to miss the collision, stayed in the contest, even won a secondary static contest and a third effort cleared the ball forward. None of that was by chance. She's a smart winger.

Good game against brizzy.. couple of new players settling in to new positions.
Then a 5 day break.
A loss against the crows wasn't good.. ran out of legs
today's game had heat, snake delays, on the road. The back line were superb in the first qtr. No Ellie Mackenzie and lose a Hosking.
we were challenged hard in the 3rd QTR and guts it out.
We play better without Poppy.. Wickstead and the other new girl good Games.
Greiser is not a bad KPF.
I like what I see

Last edited:

A lot of work to do.
‘we didn’t score after quarter time last week and were fairly poor against a really bad side today.
but the fact they didn’t drop their heads when gws got 10 points in front and the way they ran the game out in those conditions, there certainty were positives to take.
yassir played her best game.
our defence was terrific

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Good game against brizzy.. couple of new players settling in to new positions

A loss against the crows was a worry. Today's game had heat, snake delays, on the road. The back line were superb in the first qtr. No Ellie Mackenzie and lose a Hosking.
we were challenged hard in the 3rd QTR and guts it out.
We play better without Poppy, and Wickstead and the other new girl good Games.
Greiser is not a bad KPFs.
Perhaps her tank is not enough yet, but we need to put more and more game time into Wicksteed - she reads it well, and might just be the most natural footy player in the side - lovely kick. Heard she has a Hockey background which explains her quality lateral movement tight in traffic. Just play her!

Jones is another, good kick, smart with ball in hand - just play her too.

The back half of our season could well be better than than our front half, as some of these girls get to understand each other better.

Good win. Solid game. Pity so many misses early. But it GWS in a short patch is brilliance and otherwise a big win for us.

Some lovely skills at times. happy time today

Perhaps her tank is not enough yet, but we need to put more and more game time into Wicksteed - she reads it well, and might just be the most natural footy player in the side - lovely kick. Heard she has a Hockey background which explains her quality lateral movement tight in traffic. Just play her!

Jones is another, good kick, smart with ball in hand - just play her too.

The back half of our season could well be better than than our front half, as some of these girls get to understand each other better.
A few good signs that have emerged ,,,,,
yassir has gone up a notch and now looks a capable W player that can impact ,,,should have kicked 3G
CJ will be a good player for us ,,,needs to take a breath after a mark that’s was damn silly
demps has started the season really well , one of the few good ball users
sheerin is a dead set star in this comp
Moncon needs more help , Greg’s I reckon has struggled this year , barely breaking thru with a clean kick too often being caught , nice debut from wikki and molly e , play them both

good debuts, eastman did great even after copping a broken nose, wicksteed was a few centimetres off kicking 2 goals. both are decent field kicks which is great for us

not the biggest fan of d'arcy and megmac. would bring mckenzie for macdonald when she's ready and i'd rather see us develop stella reid over playing d'arcy. maybe when charley ryan's ready she can slot in somewhere

also gotta give a HUGE shoutout to gab seymour. everyone loves her for a reason, she's an absolute workhorse.

88% TOG in the ruck against the 2 gws rucks who split it 52% TOG & 48% TOG. i literally think they only subbed off for each other lmao

with poppy kelly not performing very well, seymour has to carry a lot of the work herself as an undersized ruck

Remove this Banner Ad

Back