AFLW 2023 Round 1 - At Brisbane (Sun 3/9)

Remove this Banner Ad

Her awareness is almost non existent
My big knock is that she doesn't bend forward enough, especially when the ball is in front of her, everything is played to upright - opposite of Mon.

Our forward entries are almost worse than the men
They have been worse for a long time - I'm hoping Greiser straightens us up some more. She's a big unit!

…and then miller with her close checking in the last 10 seconds and clearing kick to the boundary area was brilliant
Had an ordinary game by her standards but did some clutch things

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Umps were rubbish.
We’ll be better for that game too, loved it

Kox was awesome
Agree, Cox's work off the ball ball is hard to see sometimes, but she clamped down on Hodder very well in the the last 3 qtrs.

As stated previously, Conti absolute jet. Probably the best game I've seen KB play in Tigers colours too (not a massive AFLW watcher though).

Also Eilish Sheerin seemed to do good things every time I saw her on screen. Just attacked the ball more than others which was great.
Sheerin's games last season were elite for this comp - be interesting to see how she rolls this season - hope she gets some mid time!

I like coxy , has a real dip , won some crucial contests
Has genuine pace out of the blocks too - matched up well on Hodder for the last 3 qtrs

Ripping win just kept providing contest lacked polish early but the commitment was there

Sheerin conti brennan stars
See these are the posts I enjoy reading. Was a fantastic win let’s hope it continues.

My suggestion. As most games except blowouts against bottom teams are fairly low scoring, play dual chf in kb and ellie mac. Elli mac clas but not a huge possession winner as a midfielder. both those two are great ball handlers, marks kicks and footy iq so we have one leading at the ball carrier, one leading wide for longer kick. Greiser also looks a good kick not just the big goal and is big and if one out in front of her defender will sometimes one free or mark. With three dangerous forwards defenders esp in the womens will panic worry give away frees.

the midfield. most sides have only one outstanding like we have conti so replace ellie mac with Sheerin and play the other hosking as a tagger on the other teams conti eqivalent. Gives us class conti, scrappy possessions egan, bulldozer sheerin and annoyance tackling from hocking.

cox to nullify their best small forward and hopefully someone has more speed to play in the back half as most of our defenders lack a yard and dont overlap or get to contests.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back