AFLW Round 9, Richmond, v Geelong, Saturday, October 28, 7.15pm AEDT, Ikon Park

Remove this Banner Ad

They’re miles better than us , we shouldn’t be too cut up rough , we’re not a finals teams r soul

They haven't beaten a top 8 team all season. Bit of a worry, we werent much better than Hawthorn last week, so we seem to be a bottom 4-6 level team.

Coach probably has to go now, we've gotten worse nearly every week this season.

It was embarrassing to watch. Safe to say Ferguson must go. Hes had long enough and we've gone backwards.

I was just hoping at the end that we would kick a goal more for the fans who attended. It would've been demoralizing to kick 0 goals in 4 qtrs. I thought when Brennan missed a doozy right in front that would be it no goals for the night but a nice passage of play not long after saw Brennan kick the goal that erupted the pro Richmond crowd.

We are playing like a bottom 4 team. The Worst skilled side by far.

I will say and I'm sure many will agree our recruiting has been abysmal, Kate Sheehan and the recruiting team MUST GO.

Gresier, Jones, and Egan 3 slow players. We got all 3 wrong. Needed speedy skillful players. Look at North, even bombers in their 2nd year are building nicely.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Cats were crap 2 seasons ago then got GC /norf style gifts from the draft and now , really look a fair side , concerning that we have drifted backwards , needs to be addressed post season

yeah, wouldn't be surprised if there are some major changes.

had to be the worst game we've played since the 1st year.

It was embarrassing to watch. Safe to say Feruson must go. Hes had long enough and we've gone backwards.

I was just hoping at the end that we would kick a goal more for the fans who attended. It would've been demoralizing to kick 0 goals in 4 qtrs. I thought when Brennan missed a doozy right in front that would be it no goals for the night but a nice passage of play not long after saw Brennan kick the goal that erupted the pro Richmond crowd.

I will say and I'm sure many will agree our recruiting has been abysmal, Kate Sheehan and the recruiting team MUST GO.

Gresier, Jones, and Egan 3 slow players. We got all 3 wrong. Needed speedy skillful players. Look at North, even bombers in their 2nd year are building nicely.
you could add another 6 or more players who'd be as bad as Gresier, Jones
Egan i wouldn't rate as a bad recruit, average maybe.

with Ellie Mck injured Rd1 we've be under the pump midfield wise
our delivery into the fwd line has been woeful at best, we could have Melbourne's fwd line and we'd struggle to kick 5 goals a game.

as i've said to other posters, where do we get these speedy skillful players?
drafting takes time, recruiting takes time.
who would these players be?
what would we have to give/pay to get these players to come over?

Went to Ikon tonight in a must win game, left halfway through the last quarter without seeing a single Richmond goal. Coach is gone, it was noticeable that we are hesitant, almost as though there is a lack of understanding of the game plan, when to play on, where to position yourself etc. The number of Richmond turnovers was staggering and the players look lost, definite lack of talk on the ground and not much leadership. Far too many duds, Graham, Reid, Cox, Greiser, Egan and Hosking who cannot keep her feet, there are others but the ones I mentioned have consistently let us down. Plus they are slow.... Dramatic as it sounds, it's time to gut this team and start again, there is no way this list will come close to winning a flag even with some injured players back.

The game plan is woeful. Kick wide to a contest, turn it over and then let Geesook run it through the middle without any pressure. It was embarrassing to watch.

That was the equivalent to a 100pt loss in the men’s game from a club that has been around the same standard as us before this year.

you could add another 6 or more players who'd be as bad as Gresier, Jones
Egan i wouldn't rate as a bad recruit, average maybe.

with Ellie Mck injured Rd1 we've be under the pump midfield wise
our delivery into the fwd line has been woeful at best, we could have Melbourne's fwd line and we'd struggle to kick 5 goals a game.

as i've said to other posters, where do we get these speedy skillful players?
drafting takes time, recruiting takes time.
who would these players be?
what would we have to give/pay to get these players to come over?

Gresier, Jones, and Egan were quite simply the wrong choices but they aren't the only ones, you can add Cox, Reid, and Graham.
I get why we got Egan to help with the midfield but by gee she's a plodder. Played a good game last week but overall just doesn't back it up week in and week out.

Gresier is worse than I thought, someone her size should be dominating forward 50 entries, drops too many marks.
You know it just goes to show how good Wakefield was. Courtney Jones is another pedestrian-type player.

Speedy and skillful types are there, other clubs are getting them, so why can't we? Recruiters have simply not done their job over the last 5 years. Look no further than when Moylan was playing, how she was getting games was beyond me another one of those mechanical types, who turns like a wheelbarrow, slow by ball to foot.

Ferguson no joke has no idea. The game plan is no good. The midfield needs more outside run, blind Freddy can see this.
Hosking is tough but that's all she is. Goes missing all too often. Egan is average and slow. Mackenzie is out injured and that hurts but the coach needs to mix it up, and look outside the square.

Maddie Shevlin should be in the midfield, she goes in and is quick, and takes the game on.
Sheerin gives good run from the back half and she is another who could play in the midfield, is strong over the ball, and breaks the lines. She wouldn't lose too many contests in the centre square or any contest around the ground for that matter.

How does this midfield look? Conti, Mackenzie, Sheerin, Shevlin. (Egan and Hosking out)
Lavey is another who we are missing her run, play her wing, or half back.

Seymour play her FF or backline. Gresier or Jones out. Cant have both, too slow.

Last edited:
It was embarrassing to watch. Safe to say Feruson must go. Hes had long enough and we've gone backwards.

Kate sheehan is awful, not up to it, way out of her depth. The whole family is super suspect and she has no qualification to be in the role she is.

Something I noticed at every game I’ve been to this year is we get a pretty piss poor crowd turnout, even compared to the opposition team. Last night I swear I saw more cats supporters than tigers and it would’ve been pretty close at the freo and Gold Coast games as well. Very disappointing from one of the biggest fan bases in the sport.

As for on field performance, it really seems like we need to hire a coach because we don’t currently seem to have a game plan. People are potting Jones and Greiser in here but they’re clearly talented players who couldn’t get things on their terms mostly due to us not having any set plays or leading strategies. It was pretty deflating seeing Geelong always have an option either leading up downfield or running by for a handpass, while we just boot it to a contest almost every time which Geelong easily set up for. I don’t think we’ve regressed talent wise (in fact I’d probably say this season we’ve unearthed more players who can hang at the top level) we just haven’t taken steps where other teams have.

Also, I feel like I’m starting to say this every week but I don’t know how Greg became a whipping boy on here. She’s easily one of our best almost every week lol

Remove this Banner Ad

Back