AFLW Round 8, Hawthorn v Richmond, Friday, October 20, 7.45pm AEDT

Remove this Banner Ad

Happy to see the girls win, well deserved. That last quarter you could just see they wanted it more. Another thing which was pleasing to see they did use a bit more hand ball to create some overlap and when needed used some short kicks. Mixed it up a bit.

Last week I gave Egan an almighty spray and even though early on she got caught several times and her customary loopy handballs went astray she kept ploughing away and slowly it all started to click, she took the game on more, won a lot of ball at the coalface and when her team mates either marked or won the ball in the contest she presented for the handball receive to get the ball moving on quickly.

Another thing i noticed she didint always blaze away, looked for a team mate in space and finally stood up when it most counted in the last qtr when the game was still in the balance. So, credit where credits due, well done on a good game.

Brennan well done on her 50th game and kicking 2 goals in the first.

Dempsey contiued on with her fine season, provding good run and carry.

Yassir didn’t have a big game like last week but must say in that last quarter she looked very dangerous with 3 scoring shots, kicking 1 goal and 2 behinds.

Conti another big game 35 disposals but needs to tidy up her kicking as at one point her DE was at 20%.

Greiser and Jones bigger bodied but don’t take near enough marks, Greiser especially dropped a few that she should’ve taken.

That last quarter needs to be the bench mark for the last two games, not sure if they can sneak into the 8 which will be dependent on other results.

Last edited:
That last quarter needs to be the bench mark fot the last two games, not sure if they can sneak into the 8 which will be dependent on other results.
need a bit to go our way, but the good things is the 2 remaining teams we play are the cats&pies who are on 16 points with us (both win a game in hand). so if we do win our last 2 games it has more than just the effect of giving us the 4 points but it's a classic "8 point game" both weeks. win both of them and have the cats&pies go 1-1 in their other remaining games and we're above them.

if that happens we also require a 3rd team to go 1-2 in their last 3 matches... which is asking a lot. 2-1 also works but we have to make up a lot of percentage so we're probably more likely to not make it than make it once you go through all the options.

kinda hoping we don't win so we don't lose draft position even though winning is good...

IMG_20231021_061659.jpg

I legit feel like the coaches read our criticism. The team noticeably tried harder to hit targets instead of blazing away as often.
It does get tricky when the ball was locked in their fwd half in the 2nd. Just could not take a mark down the line. Credit to the backline for not conceding many goals.

Last quarter another come back for a win
The team has the fitness, and hit targets inside 50 in the 4th.

I knew mon got a ton of it but a lot of good contributors.

I do love Lynch's game.

Happy to see the girls win, well deserved. That last quarter you could just see they wanted it more. Another thing which was pleasing to see they did use a bit more hand ball to create some overlap and when needed used some short kicks. Mixed it up a bit.

Last week I gave Egan an almighty spray and even though early on she got caught several times and her customary loopy handballs went astray she kept ploughing away and slowly it all started to click, she took the game on more, won a lot of ball at the coalface and when her team mates either marked or won the ball in the contest she presented for the handball receive to get the ball moving on quickly.

Another thing i noticed she didint always blaze away, looked for a team mate in space and finally stood up when it most counted in the last qtr when the game was still in the balance. So, credit where credits due, well done on a good game.

Brennan well done on her 50th game and kicking 2 goals in the first.

Dempsey contiued on with her fine season, provding good run and carry.

Yassir didn’t have a big game like last week but must say in that last quarter she looked very dangerous with 3 scoring shots, kicking 1 goal and 2 behinds.

Conti another big game 35 disposals but needs to tidy up her kicking as at one point her DE was at 20%.

Greiser and Jones bigger bodied but don’t take near enough marks, Greiser especially dropped a few that she should’ve taken.

That last quarter needs to be the bench mark fot the last two games, not sure if they can sneak into the 8 which will be dependent on other results.
Reckon we’ve def played better last fortnight , less bludgeon the ball forward , more handball , Laura Mc forward , we’ve looked much much better for it , would dearly love Ellie Mc class thru midfield , alas well fought out girls ,,,they play with a lot of heart and always stay in the game , it’s a good trait

It does get tricky when the ball was locked in their fwd half in the 2nd. Just could not take a mark down the line. Credit to the backline for not conceding many goals.

Last quarter another come back for a win
The team has the fitness, and hit targets inside 50 in the 4th.

I knew mon got a ton of it but a lot of good contributors.

I do love Lynch's game.
Millzy demps and lynch have all improved this year

Just rewatched the game.
That last quarter Bates lined up on Conti and Egan on Fleming.
Egan 6 good disposals in 5 min and they couldn’t deal with us.
Mclelland fwd and Gabby playing back and trying to intercept has been good.
Jones didn’t have a great night but Yassir bobbed up again. We are hard to defend. Love to see Grieser get more physical before going for a mark that kick from 40 odd, the Irish bloodnut tried to move her and just bounced off her.
A couple of their 4 goals came through Graham too far away to spoil a mark another mark against ended up a goal assist.
Tough spot last defender and Miller looks better higher up the ground.

Losing to GC in the last 30sec is a real stinger now.

Just rewatched the game.
Jones didn’t have a great night but Yassir bobbed up again. We are hard to defend. Love to see Grieser get more physical before going for a mark that kick from 40 odd, the Irish bloodnut tried to move her and just bounced off her.
A couple of their 4 goals came through Graham too far away to spoil a mark another mark against ended up a goal assist.

Greiser got a broken hand or something.
Her hand was bangaged.
So they'd get cold.. lucky it was FNQ.

Just noticed that rotations for the Aflw are very low for both teams and One or two players with very low TOG
Others 100%

Just rewatched the game.

If g train got some forward craft tuition she could be twice the player ,,,she’s as strong as an ox , should be able to bump her opponent off the ball most of the time and take an easy mark ,,,get more physical. Is a heck of a long kick for goal , still can’t believe he fkd up that one v GC directly in front

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I can’t be bothered doing all the maths, but with us playing Cats and Pies and so many of those teams around 6-11th playing each other, if we win two from two I’m certain we’d make finals.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

I can’t be bothered doing all the maths, but with us playing Cats and Pies and so many of those teams around 6-11th playing each other, if we win two from two I’m certain we’d make finals.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Richmond would finish in the top 8 at worst on percentage. Some of the teams below us need to have 10 goals wins to knockout us out on %.

Crunch time next Sat night.

Kiely, Darcy maybe available.
Ellie listed as 3-4 weeks away at the start of this Rnd.
Think I'd rather Kiely wasn't available, if you know what I mean

Why is Richmond's AFLW team so poor? not going to make finals most likely?

If g train got some forward craft tuition she could be twice the player ,,,she’s as strong as an ox , should be able to bump her opponent off the ball most of the time and take an easy mark ,,,get more physical. Is a heck of a long kick for goal , still can’t believe he fkd up that one v GC directly in front
Slow

She's bloody slow

Remove this Banner Ad

Back