Richmond:
Conti, Seymour, Sheerin, Dempsey
Adelaide: Ponter, Marinoff, Allen, Gould, Biddell

INJURIES
Richmond:
Nil
Adelaide: Nil

Crowd: 1,083 :think:;):poo: at Ikon Park

Got offered free tickets to the game through work. Could've taken dozens if I wanted. Put message on our whattsapp group, a mate of mine is trying to impress a girl at work, suggested since she was watching the women's soccer finals on tv why not try AFLW as they were free anyway. They must've been having a great time cos they left at 1/2 time and she said she'd give it a miss in future. He reckons would've only been 400-500 at most. I honestly believe within 5 years will either be only 10 teams or will adopt AFLW(X). WTF do these players think the $$$$$ is coming from? A couple hundred paying punters doesn't even cover the tape, liniment and gatorade bill. Much less the Dr's, Physios, masseuses.

4/18 teams scored over 50 points round 1. Blind Freddie can see the grounds far too big for them. Make the ground 100m long and maybe 80m width? with 30m arcs (90% would still struggle to accurately have a shot over 30m). 12 players on Field max (can cull each list from 32 players to 20-22?) quality and scoring can only improve and the W will hemorrhage less money from the AFL coffers. Nicole Livingstone is delusional if she thinks a once in a generation soccer world cup generating a fad's worth of interest will translate into bums on seat for the W. It's as related as Josh Giddey signing a monster payday translating into people taking up badminton?

to be brutally honest Miller has been off for a long time
the backline has been a worry these past 2 games
Miller still way ahead of Laura Mc ,she can’t get even get the dukes up to contest and has the circle of a kenworth , get some youngsters into the team , I’m not sure at this point that we ve improved on last year , I’ve liked poppy Kelly so far

They’re a very good contested type team and bullied us around the stoppage. The conditions didn’t suit us and a tough turnaround but we didn’t look anywhere near competitive.
It’s fine if Hosking likes the niggle but you need to be able to get the ball and get it out if your an inside mid.

We looked soft, Miller not wanting to run back to try and contest the mark.
To many players sooking for a free.
Pretty sharp reality check.
Lots of slow players , by foot and too slow to dish off a handball ,,,a couple of sec before being slung 180deg would be very useful

When did you see her stripped?
suspicious franz ferdinand GIF by Domino Recording Co.

They must've been having a great time cos they left at 1/2 time and she said she'd give it a miss in future.
It was 9 degrees without the wind chill factor, raining and 23 k winds at 6 pm last night.
If you’ve ever sat in that stand squinting when the suns going down you’d know that wind would’ve been goin straight at that stand.
Probably 6 degrees
Maybe she didn’t think he was to bright?

Scoring is up from last season with extended time on and player rotations cap.
Last night was a crap game in crap conditions.
Aflw is here to stay and like womens BBall it’s not really judged on how big an audience it brings over from the man’s game.
It’s judged on sponsoring, how it adds to the feeder systems and attracting a bigger piece of the pie in young talent right across the board.
It’s here to stay mate.

It was just a crap game.

Disappointing result I'm not sure how much was Adelaide or our own fundamentals breaking down

We looked tierd and on occasion tried to play bruise free which won't work against a unit like tge grows

For me one of the big noticeable differences was thr gap in experience crows having that extra few years in the gym they looked massive in comparison

We reset and look for the next challenge

The only good thung about this Comp is the prospect of both future F/S + M/S for our men's comp!
Great win over Brisbane last week too short a turn around. . I see it as footy at a different level. Junior, senior, men's, women's I wish it was around when my daughter was growing up.
If it's Richmond playing, I'd rather watch womens footy . Finals mens football with us not involved. I watch a qtr or 2. Adelaide women's team out score Melbourne men's team almost.

I went up and watched us in the final last year.. I think our team has improved. Mon Conti is a star. I love the feisty twins.

18 teams and 10 rounds is a shame.

Disappointing result really as we were much closer last year , I’d be looking to drop a few players and intro some youngsters , Laura Mc is finished , Darcy adds nothing slow as , several others barely got warm
give knoll or woods and wickstead a game
Wicksteed should definitely come in - what we need to support Conti

to be brutally honest Miller has been off for a long time
the backline has been a worry these past 2 games
Had the game on in the car driving back from briz, so could only hear much of it, but in traffic caught a few glimpses, and ironically it was mostly of Miller. She seems marginally better than last week, though last week was masked by a win.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Be interested to know if there’s ever been any other AFLW team that’s had to play after a five day break from interstate

Had the game on in the car driving back from briz, so could only hear much of it, but in traffic caught a few glimpses, and ironically it was mostly of Miller. She seems marginally better than last week, though last week was masked by a win.
there are several way worse than miller ,,,,Laura Mc has been terrible, just can’t defend , look at the stats most of the team where <5p throw a dart at any one of them
one thing I’ve noticed that despite a general improvement with ball movement in the W game , we still favour bludgeoning the ball forward , prob reflects the skill factor of the majority of our team , we also don’t take too many marks ,,,conditions were poor but crows took plenty . Kb marking has declined ,,,I sincerely hope we open up opportunities for some new faces , I’ve seen enough in first 2w that it’s very much needed ,,,,

NB lions arent what they were last year with 3 gun players departing

RICHMOND 2.0 2.0 2.0 2.0 (12)
ADELAIDE 1.1 3.1 5.2 6.5 (41)

GOALS
Richmond:
Conti, Kelly,
Adelaide: Gould 3, Martin, Ponter, Jones

BEST
Richmond:
Conti, Seymour, Sheerin, Dempsey
Adelaide: Ponter, Marinoff, Allen, Gould, Biddell

INJURIES
Richmond:
Nil
Adelaide: Nil

Crowd: 1,083 :think:;):poo: at Ikon Park

Got offered free tickets to the game through work. Could've taken dozens if I wanted. Put message on our whattsapp group, a mate of mine is trying to impress a girl at work, suggested since she was watching the women's soccer finals on tv why not try AFLW as they were free anyway. They must've been having a great time cos they left at 1/2 time and she said she'd give it a miss in future. He reckons would've only been 400-500 at most. I honestly believe within 5 years will either be only 10 teams or will adopt AFLW(X). WTF do these players think the $$$$$ is coming from? A couple hundred paying punters doesn't even cover the tape, liniment and gatorade bill. Much less the Dr's, Physios, masseuses.

4/18 teams scored over 50 points round 1. Blind Freddie can see the grounds far too big for them. Make the ground 100m long and maybe 80m width? with 30m arcs (90% would still struggle to accurately have a shot over 30m). 12 players on Field max (can cull each list from 32 players to 20-22?) quality and scoring can only improve and the W will hemorrhage less money from the AFL coffers. Nicole Livingstone is delusional if she thinks a once in a generation soccer world cup generating a fad's worth of interest will translate into bums on seat for the W. It's as related as Josh Giddey signing a monster payday translating into people taking up badminton?
5pm in foul weather , afl would have drawn a s**t crowd in relative terms too . Ikon doesn’t help , ,last place I’d go , port melb should have been considered , ,,,still I wouldn’t have gone in that time slot

5pm in foul weather , afl would have drawn a s**t crowd in relative terms too . Ikon doesn’t help , ,last place I’d go , port melb should have been considered , ,,,still I wouldn’t have gone in that time slot
Club should invest some advertising money in promoting the AFLW sides games.

Where are the free buses from Punt Road to Ikon?

Women are more than half the population. I wonder what percentage of our Men's membership?

there are several way worse than miller ,,,,Laura Mc has been terrible, just can’t defend , look at the stats most of the team where <5p throw a dart at any one of them
one thing I’ve noticed that despite a general improvement with ball movement in the W game , we still favour bludgeoning the ball forward , prob reflects the skill factor of the majority of our team , we also don’t take too many marks ,,,conditions were poor but crows took plenty . Kb marking has declined ,,,I sincerely hope we open up opportunities for some new faces , I’ve seen enough in first 2w that it’s very much needed ,,,,

We don't play risky enough football and really stuggle to find a player spreading. How many times last night did we kick the ball straight to the oppo. That suggests we might get a 50/50 contest if we kick to space instead. As an old backman (FB), I don't mind saying I always found space far easier to kick to than a stationary team mate!

Yes, last nights game appeared "conditions-negaitive", but you still have to try and and do something other other than spot up the oppo all the time.

We don't play risky enough football and really stuggle to find a player spreading. How many times last night did we kick the ball straight to the oppo. That suggests we might get a 50/50 contest if we kick to space instead. As an old backman (FB), I don't mind saying I always found space far easier to kick to than a stationary team mate!

Yes, last nights game appeared "conditions-negaitive", but you still have to try and and do something other other than spot up the oppo all the time.
Last week we pretty well played bludgeon ball forward too and got lucky a couple of x , into kb and conti hands

Big game at the G as well. I think AFLW games are not games you travel distances to but go to when convenient to do so, especially with decent TV coverage as an alternative. If Charley Ryan had of debuted at Springfield in Outer Brisbane I would have gone to give her a shout (probs a 2 and half hour drive for me each way), but without that connection, it was stay at home and watch the team.

I'd be interested to hear how many diehards there are that will go to Icon every game. Punt Road has a bit of a spiritual quality, it delivers a bit more motivation. Port has some pretty good parking opportunities with easy walk - I guess I'm saying about the barriers to going, they go up a bit quicker at AFLW.

The free bus idea (good call #growapair ) from Punt Road probably has a community ring and feel to it that adds a bit more 'value' and promotes opportunities.

Big game at the G as well. I think AFLW games are not games you travel distances to but go to when convenient to do so, especially with decent TV coverage as an alternative. If Charley Ryan had of debuted at Springfield in Outer Brisbane I would have gone to give her a shout (probs a 2 and half hour drive for me each way), but without that connection, it was stay at home and watch the team.

I'd be interested to hear how many diehards there are that will go to Icon every game. Punt Road has a bit of a spiritual quality, it delivers a bit more motivation. Port has some pretty good parking opportunities with easy walk - I guess I'm saying about the barriers to going, they go up a bit quicker at AFLW.

The free bus idea (good call #growapair ) from Punt Road probably has a community ring and feel to it that adds a bit more 'value' and promotes opportunities.
I’ve oft thought why that isn’t done even in afl for those that need it ,,,reality is it only adds 30 plus peeps to the crowd so impact is minuscule,,,haw have done right thing finding a local ground in franga and got a excellent crowd ,,, we should have looked deeper than ikon ,,, I think it was player voted for amenities

How are our list by comparison?

Wakefield & Cordner out.

Greiser etc IN

How are our list by comparison?

Wakefield & Cordner out.

Greiser etc IN
Cordner didn’t play last year with ACL , Wakefield at this stage looks much better player than greiser,,,,not great conditions last night and I think she can play better so hope so ,,,,we’ve got a few young players that can be thrown a chance , I hope we go down that path and don’t do a dimma

Remove this Banner Ad

Back