AFLW Round 10, Richmond, v Collingwood, Sunday, November 5, 3.05pm AEDT (stupid Daylight Saving Time), Victoria Park

Remove this Banner Ad

Who Frederick , I fell off my chair when someone on here said she was starring this year ,,I’m sorry Moncon, kb even sheerin star in this comp , sab Fred is incapable of that
Frederick was huge last week, but still don't rate her. She is playing better for the Pies that she ever played for us.

Great win. Busy writing a job application and then looked at the score. Very very nice way to cheer me up (hate writing job applications)

Nothing better than making the Pies cry
At least you can write, think of the Collingwood supporters........!

To win like we did was just a great feeling. A lot of what ifs had we played this way all year but thems the breaks.
More spread, not as much bombing, and more control of the ball. Players leading up to the ball carrier. The game plan looked a hell of a lot better today.
Yep, we had chains of possession, many of them. We marked better than Collingwood - 56 to 29! Not sure when we last saw that sort of aerial dominance.

Was that game smart coaching or dumb luck?
Players had nothing riding on it.
took risks and it paid off.
ferguson seems like a very conservative coach to me.

Prob look ok on the girls , that’ll do tho
Looked great because of the black trim and the fact that they are more like running shorts.
would look awful on the blokes.

Looked great because of the black trim and the fact that they are more like running shorts.
would look awful on the blokes.
You'd still wear it well Tugga:handbag::highheel::lipstick:

Will be interesting to see if they stick with ferguson
He’s 110% invested and team follow him, there was a few key factors like injuries beyond his control however during biz end of year we were playing crap footy , v ess and cats was telling coz we were better last year and they’ve now flown past us ,,,unfortunately I think he gets the chop , our club takes the w program pretty seriously , not all do , eg pies and blues , this shouldn’t be accepted

Surely we must have the record for most goalless quarters by a club...

Round 1 to Round 10, 2023 - Goalless Quarters.

Collingwood WFC
16​
Greater Western Sydney WFC
16​
Richmond WFC
West Coast WFC
14​
Western Bulldogs WFC
14​
Gold Coast WFC
13​
Hawthorn WFC
13​
Port Adelaide WFC
12​
Essendon WFC
11​
Fremantle WFC
11​
Carlton WFC
10​
Geelong WFC
10​
North Melbourne WFC
10​
Sydney WFC
10​
Brisbane WFC
8​
St. Kilda WFC
8​
Adelaide WFC
4​
Melbourne WFC
4​

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That was a very good game after quarter time. Conti, Kelly, Brennan, Sheerin were all very good with nearly all the other players contributing throughout the game. Sheerin in the middle took some pressure off Conti & gave Egan a chance to not be the second mid in the team, which I think helped her out. Also love the look of Shevlin reminds me of a right footed Sheerin. If we get some of the other girls back from injury for next season & play this style of footy week in week out then all of a sudden competitive finals are back in play.

Is that the best you've seen Poppy mark overhead? Very confident today in the air, strong hands.
I think so - she had one other game last year that made us all go - woah what have we got here - only to hear she was then injured and even when she played again it was one mark sticking and the rest bouncing off the palms. I also like how she crashed in to Fredericks a fair bit showing how bruise free Fredericks likes to play - as she did with us!

As good as Gabby is, I don't think we lost much at all having her out with the form that Kelly produced - but it was against Fredericks!

Round 1 to Round 10, 2023 - Goalless Quarters.

Collingwood WFC
16​
Greater Western Sydney WFC
16​
Richmond WFC
West Coast WFC
14​
Western Bulldogs WFC
14​
Gold Coast WFC
13​
Hawthorn WFC
13​
Port Adelaide WFC
12​
Essendon WFC
11​
Fremantle WFC
11​
Carlton WFC
10​
Geelong WFC
10​
North Melbourne WFC
10​
Sydney WFC
10​
Brisbane WFC
8​
St. Kilda WFC
8​
Adelaide WFC
4​
Melbourne WFC
4​
Thanks Matt - nice response!

He’s 110% invested and team follow him, there was a few key factors like injuries beyond his control however during biz end of year we were playing crap footy , v ess and cats was telling coz we were better last year and they’ve now flown past us ,,,unfortunately I think he gets the chop , our club takes the w program pretty seriously , not all do , eg pies and blues , this shouldn’t be accepted
Unless there is someone knowingly better available, I think we will stick with him. I wonder whether Hampson is being groomed?

That was a very good game after quarter time. Conti, Kelly, Brennan, Sheerin were all very good with nearly all the other players contributing throughout the game. Sheerin in the middle took some pressure off Conti & gave Egan a chance to not be the second mid in the team, which I think helped her out. Also love the look of Shevlin reminds me of a right footed Sheerin. If we get some of the other girls back from injury for next season & play this style of footy week in week out then all of a sudden competitive finals are back in play.
Why the he’ll it took to r10 to consider sheerin in midfield is astonishing

Why the he’ll it took to r10 to consider sheerin in midfield is astonishing
Probably because she was an all Australian defender and was playing well again this year in that role. We really need two of her as it did make our defence very slow. Luckily the Pies couldn’t exploit that but better teams certainly would.

I think last year we really got the jump on a few teams with Sheerin storming through the corridor.
Oppo are a little more prepared for her and you can see with Dempsey numbers the ball isn’t as direct as last year.
Ferguson tried a few things but I think Darcy being a marking threat and Peck holding her own in the back half was great.
If Poppy can play most of the game Ruck I’d like to see Gabby have a go on the wing next year.

I think Ferg deserves another year but we need another quality young tall.
Would’ve been good to see Woods clunk a mark a little more often

Remove this Banner Ad

Back