AFLW Round 3, GWS vs Richmond 16/09 1:05pm

Remove this Banner Ad

also gotta give a HUGE shoutout to gab seymour. everyone loves her for a reason, she's an absolute workhorse.

88% TOG in the ruck against the 2 gws rucks who split it 52% TOG & 48% TOG. i literally think they only subbed off for each other lmao

with poppy kelly not performing very well, seymour has to carry a lot of the work herself as an undersized ruck
Good mark of the footy , quite reliable

so we win by 19 points, but we're no good (we're s**t)

is that the story of the game?
We’re ok , I think a mile off the best sides but we will win more than our share v the rest fwiw ,,,the gulf is enormous
we got better the further the game went ,,,debutants looked good ,,,,get Reid back and drop Darcy I can’t believe she gets a game at this level
hope Ellie mck is back soon, we miss her kicking skills too

GWS might not play finals but it was good to get the win, blowy and hot and a player down away.
More shots on goal than any game last year and might be our highest.
Like others have said Gabby Seymour..enormous, Yassir was good and GWS didn’t fold we beat ‘em.
Without Elle,
Hosking 9 poss Greg 16 poss and Meg Mac 8 poss leave a lot for Mon Conti,
Eastman was good I thought, couldn’t have been much fun with that strapping on her face 14 poss.
Last year Grace Egan had the highest FA in the team whether getting pinged or giving em away and she doesn’t look like she’s getting out or stepping players as well as other seasons just yet.

Miller looked a lot better than last week.

Tough game next week, we’re rubbish at Ikon.
Hope Poppys back against Moody in the Ruck.
Moody doesn’t kick many goals but she loves smashing in and bullying other Rucks.

I’ve seen some big boys , done my homework , not in same league as eastern browns , not sure when last death from black snake was even , bloody while ago
Had a little 5 foot eastern brown skedaddle past me while I was working around home recently- the thing that shocked me was how fast they are. They are for the experts!

That Snake Catcher at the game almost looked embarrassed he was dealing with such a tiddler.

also gotta give a HUGE shoutout to gab seymour. everyone loves her for a reason, she's an absolute workhorse.

88% TOG in the ruck against the 2 gws rucks who split it 52% TOG & 48% TOG. i literally think they only subbed off for each other lmao

with poppy kelly not performing very well, seymour has to carry a lot of the work herself as an undersized ruck
And it's not just Gab's ruckwork (which looks even better this season so far), it's her capacity to get back and intercept, then giving our backs someone to kick to as well. Her ground coverage in the heat was enormous. BOG

good debuts, eastman did great even after copping a broken nose, wicksteed was a few centimetres off kicking 2 goals. both are decent field kicks which is great for us

not the biggest fan of d'arcy and megmac. would bring mckenzie for macdonald when she's ready and i'd rather see us develop stella reid over playing d'arcy. maybe when charley ryan's ready she can slot in somewhere
Megmac and D'Arcy were Ok. Megmac in particular takes the best mid each week and seriously bullies them. Would love to have six weeks with her re-teaching her to kick, but when you consider her in and under and contest work is right up there and that she is saving/prtoecting Mon and eventually Ellie, from some hard grunt stuff, she's becoming really valuable.

Megmac and D'Arcy were Ok. Megmac in particular takes the best mid each week and seriously bullies them. Would love to have six weeks with her re-teaching her to kick, but when you consider her in and under and contest work is right up there and that she is saving/prtoecting Mon and eventually Ellie, from some hard grunt stuff, she's becoming really valuable.
Darcy looked like she was running in gumboots in a couple of chases, can’t fault her effort though and good hands.

The thing about Meg Mac and the way we setup is it doesn’t work well enough against the very good sides.
Last season once Nth got a look at how we played her on Gardiner they got prepared and it didn’t work in the return game after the draw, same with Brisbane.

Last week Adel got all of their goals from stoppages.
We need another ball winner, the oppo can’t score if they don’t have it.

Cathy Svarc from Bris is probably the benchmark.
Nearly twice as many disposals, tackles and three times the shots on goal.
Meg averages 5 tackles and less than 10 poss this season, it’s not great as an inside mid.

Yassir is too small to be an inside mid.

Darcy looked like she was running in gumboots in a couple of chases, can’t fault her effort though and good hands.

The thing about Meg Mac and the way we setup is it doesn’t work well enough against the very good sides.
Last season once Nth got a look at how we played her on Gardiner they got prepared and it didn’t work in the return game after the draw, same with Brisbane.

Last week Adel got all of their goals from stoppages.
We need another ball winner, the oppo can’t score if they don’t have it.

Cathy Svarc from Bris is probably the benchmark.
Nearly twice as many disposals, tackles and three times the shots on goal.
Meg averages 5 tackles and less than 10 poss this season, it’s not great as an inside mid.

Yassir is too small to be an inside mid.
I'm not suggesting Megmac is the real deal, but rather she is work in progress, and when her game contributes to a good team outcome, it's worthy of some praise.

GWS might not play finals but it was good to get the win, blowy and hot and a player down away.
More shots on goal than any game last year and might be our highest.
Like others have said Gabby Seymour..enormous, Yassir was good and GWS didn’t fold we beat ‘em.
Without Elle,
Hosking 9 poss Greg 16 poss and Meg Mac 8 poss leave a lot for Mon Conti,
Eastman was good I thought, couldn’t have been much fun with that strapping on her face 14 poss.
Last year Grace Egan had the highest FA in the team whether getting pinged or giving em away and she doesn’t look like she’s getting out or stepping players as well as other seasons just yet.

Miller looked a lot better than last week.

Tough game next week, we’re rubbish at Ikon.
Hope Poppys back against Moody in the Ruck.
Moody doesn’t kick many goals but she loves smashing in and bullying other Rucks.
Ruck depth? I didn't mind Greiser. Poppy slightly better in the ruck but doesn't do much else.
Lost at Ikon after a 5 day break in poor conditions.

Won our only game there last year.

Lost in Season 5.

One of the more courageous, and she has a decent kick. We probably have enough depth now to start seeing her in midfield rotations. Egan still leaves me non-plussed - leaves too much ball at her feet, fails the basics too often, then she'll do something really good and you wonder why not all the time. Good tank though.
Reckon Greg’s has been very ordinary so far I mentioned earlier she’s barely had a clean kick , her handball are often dribblers too . She and the hoskos are keen as mustard go in hard but very ordinary ball use

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back