AFLW 2023 Round 1 - At Brisbane (Sun 3/9)

Remove this Banner Ad

I thought Dempsey played well, she straight lined a few times & wasn't overwhelmed when Lions players got in her face. Would love to see Sheerin get a few stints in the middle. With Hosking back next week, hopefully will allow for Sheerin to push further up the ground. After the first quarter, I thought the girls were better, but we need some of the girls to stop going to ground so easy. So hopefully we have a good game next week against the crows & stay competitive throughout the game as it could set up our season. With a good run after this game.

She is a unit, plays with mobility and power. Great job Caitlin Greiser!

Like Balta but Clutch!

Noah would have passed it or let the 30 seconds expire on the game winning shot lol
Balta would have passed it to Soldo and missed him by 20 metres.

Did really well to get the win. The bump ball & 50m penalty that resulted in a goal to the Lions, I thought, was the end of us.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

A win over Brizzy eh?

always good.

Just saw the highlights.

Who or what surprised in the RFC team?

honestly not much surprised me tbh, just more of the same but a little bit of improvement and polish (more of the same in a good way cos i rate our team)

the g-train looks like a nice and lively recruit for a big forward, competed all game even when kicks to her weren't that great a lot of the time, big roost from her helped win us the game. hopefully she keeps it up because we'll have managed to fill the wakefield sized hole left in our team

was happy enough with the other recruit jones' performance

still a LOT of room for improvement and consistency throughout the game but they're going well enough to defeat the bears over in the qld heat which is hopefully a good sign for the season and future

really hoping reid can continue her improvement she showed in the vflw and bring it out at the top level

was great to see the girls get over the poor start, 0.1 in the first qtr and lions were up 3 goals in the first minutes of the 2nd qtr

Last edited:
Loved the game yesterday. Missed the second quarter because some d1cjhead lost control of their car and ploughed through my neighbours fence.

But excellent win.

And surprise surprise we get a 5day break before having to play Adelaide.
was a good qtr, 66% of the goals scored in it so i'd recommend watching it if you're keen and have the time

s**t news about the fence, hope everyones good

Loved the game yesterday. Missed the second quarter because some d1cjhead lost control of their car and ploughed through my neighbours fence.

But excellent win.

* the AFLW hate us. Bunch of campaigners

Amazing we get to play two of the best sides interstate from one another (one in the outskirts of Brisbane = coach + plane + coach back home, fly home the "next day", not even that same night from Brisbane)... Next is at our "temporary home ground", Ikon Park, against Adelaide (who are sometimes unstoppable)... only 5 days later ... hard to believe they'd treat a team like that. Surely at least 6 days with interstate travel involved, should be 7 by default with top-line teams. First game of the season, too, bodies will be sore from the solid contest...

You are boasting, you are not that young Bo. ;)
Probs had her poster on his wall (or maybe even the ceiling)

Thought she contested well , tackled too , got better as game wore on , 4q was very involved , can kick a ball
She is not afraid to crash the pack (nor should she be). Will create some carnage down there from time to time. Loved her contest that resulted in Yassir getting the front and square for a goal. Thought we were going to see a bit of this this season with Brennan and Yassir, but I can see Griesner doing that even more I think.

Probs had her poster on his wall (or maybe even the ceiling)

She is not afraid to crash the pack (nor should she be). Will create some carnage down there from time to time. Loved her contest that resulted in Yassir getting the front and square for a goal. Thought we were going to see a bit of this this season with Brennan and Yassir, but I can see Griesner doing that even more I think.
I think kb is at her most dangerous high forward 1/1 so she can get into open space she will win 90% of contests and a great kick on the run ,,,not so effective in congested space ,,,who is I spose , millzy did some good stuff , has stepped up

I think kb is at her most dangerous high forward 1/1 so she can get into open space she will win 90% of contests and a great kick on the run ,,,not so effective in congested space ,,,who is I spose , millzy did some good stuff , has stepped up
Millzy could easily jag a goal a game from front and sq set ups if she gets enough practice at it.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back