AFLW Richmond v GWS Practice Match Friday 18th August @ 4.05pm

Remove this Banner Ad

Hopefully this page has a click on link by the time the match begins:

Only seen the last couple of minutes of the 2nd qtr and we seemed to linking well early 'in the season'. Hope we keep rolling Sheerin through the middle, she has devastating vigour for this comp, breaks lines.

Only seen the last couple of minutes of the 2nd qtr and we seemed to linking well early 'in the season'. Hope we keep rolling Sheerin through the middle, she has devastating vigour for this comp, breaks lines.

That was easily our best period of the game. The rest has been a pretty hard watch.

With Eastman coming into the backline I think we'll continue to see Sheerin further up the ground. She's so powerful and has a long penetrating kick on her.

I've also liked Charli Wicksteads game so far. Good positioning around stoppages, enjoys the tackle, has pace and looks a good kick. Good pick up as a sign on player outside of the draft.

Brennan trying to get away with a Tom Hawkins like push out there.

You know we are going ordinarily in the Qtr when your Captain Katie Brennan has to leave the forward line to chase a kick

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Meg McDonald should not be kicking inside 50 ever - it's a waste - have her handball it to someone

Last edited:
Disappointing. We look unfit.
Agree, if you compare to GWS. I think it was more our linkage and couldn't or wouldn't match the intensity, it just wasn't there - good ball movement by GWS made them look much quicker that us!.

Watched about half , disappointing result as I had us as a superior side to gws ,,,way too many easy marks in their f50 which is a worry . Jones , recruit from GC will be a find for us , looks a natural footy player , strong and uses ball well , will slot in nicely . G train got to plenty of contests , tackles , not a lot came off ,and I missed her goal , I think she ll be an asset but was prob hoping for more , it’s a praccy tho ,,,oh poppy Kelly did some good stuff early too

I still think our women's team are much tok happy just to be a part of the aflw world, the amount of s**t they post on social media ******* around at the club and fooling around. I'm not naive to realise they would be putting in hard work but I don't see the grit in their eyes to turn themselves into a cohesive and dominant team. Katie Brennan needs a massive year and the Hosking's need to step up.

Disappointing second half. Hope it was just us taking it easy in a practice game. Hope Shevlin isn't out long, our kicking from the backline was noticeably worse without her. We moved it pretty well at our best but our bottom few players have pretty sloppy disposal.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back