Preview Geelong V Doggies Fri Aug 28 750 pm @ Metricon

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 key forward and about 10 defenders in the side. Strange mix.

Scarlett may have had some influence in the selections today.

No Jenkins in this lineup means what for his future?

No Jenkins was flagged in Scott's press conference - thanks to calder_daddy for the summary

“Scott added:
- Jack Steven's improving fitness levels would likely allow him to back-up off a five-day break and tackle the Dogs.
- Harry Taylor's return to the side would likely be the only significant change to his side's structure on Friday night.
- Darcy Fort, Josh Jenkins and Quinton Narkle, who has recently overcome a heavy bout of food poisoning, would play in a scratch match on Saturday.
- Time was running out for Nakia Cockatoo to play AFL this season with just three matches remaining after Friday night. "It is getting to the point where this is an important bit of match practice for him on Saturday," Scott said.
- The probable introduction of a pre-finals bye would have a "neutral" impact on his team's quest for a premiership.“

Me too - but now or next game doesn't really matter.

The players "know" the two Forwards structure anyway, but Jenkins is likely able to execute better off a short run up than Ratugolea

Not playing Jenkins is suicidal, if we don't have 2 power forwards you can write 2020 off as another lost opportunity.
Big window this year Chris!

Not playing Jenkins is suicidal, if we don't have 2 power forwards you can write 2020 off as another lost opportunity.
Big window this year Chris!

They'll play one. Just not this weekend.

I think they've learnt their lesson from showing their hand too early, game plan wise, last year

The MC is pretty easy to find - go to the club website and look up the coaches

And I'm guessing you didn't watch our 3 games against North, Saints & Port where we played with pretty much this team structure and it worked pretty fine

And if you're wanting to include Blicavs & Tuohy as defenders then it's a disservice to their current roles in the team - Tuohy has been playing as an attacking wing option since the WA hub, rarely playing as an out & out defender for a while now

As for Blicavs, he's playing as a wing/ruck, and with his role in our midfield, at times we're seeing Stanley take centre bounces before going forward and Blicavs rucking around the ground

A structure that's worked well since being in the Qld hub and glad we've gone back to it

Can definitely see Stanley playing more time up forward with Blicavs rucking.
Not 100% convinced but look forward to be proven wrong.

When are they going to pull the trigger with Cockatoo?

The lack of pulling the trigger has triggered many ...

I think the answer is getting close to ... they are not going to. ..and it seem this week were worried about being too tall so JJ not required... but he to is starting to look like a "break glass in case of unforeseen emergency'

The changes are logical enough... but they totally non plusing. Bring back two older players is probably smart .. but its not adding to my interest level.

Taylor and Henderon and Blitz in the ruck... it seems to be where we are going. To be fair the Dogs almost dont play a ruck.. it puts a different sort of pressure on our guys... they should win it.. if they dont then it really shows them up..

Last edited:
The lack of pulling the trigger has triggered many ...

I think the answer is getting close to ... they are not going to. ..and it seem this week were worried about being too tall so JJ not required... but he to is starting to look like a "break glass in case of unforeseen emergency'
Agree and lose to the Dogs and more ladder pressure comes on and more conservative the match committee will become.

What's been Jenkins problem last couple years at Adelaide? Lost his skill set? Attitude affecting his performance? Age?

Like Dahlhaus and Rohan, he's a veteran player. If he is fit enough to run out four quarters he will know what to do if he is selected.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What's been Jenkins problem last couple years at Adelaide? Lost his skill set? Attitude affecting his performance? Age?

Like Dahlhaus and Rohan, he's a veteran player. If he is fit enough to run out four quarters he will know what to do if he is selected.
46 goals 2018 and 22 from 11 games last year,what's wrong with that.

I would have played Jenkins now we are running out of games to sort out structure.

Much as some here really don't want to hear it, there is a chance that they have actually sorted out the structure they are planning to going with. It's the structure that saw us win games and pile on goals in recent weeks.

I would have thought that a plan to go with two tall forwards had to be given continuity through all the remaining games in the H&A from here if it was actually our preferred structure for finals. So I'm seriously contemplating the possibility now that they're looking to go without either Esava or Jenkins from here, unless injury intervenes.

Not sure I agree with the philosophy. It does seem risky and potentially limiting to me. But if they don't prefer Jenkins and are unhappy with Rata's
output, I can see how they're drawn towards taking this approach from here.

If it's not going to work for us to play this way and prevail against all comers, you'd hope it gets exposed sooner rather than later, though. Don't want to come out of the Tigers game with the sense that we have to start from square one again with respect to our forward structure.

Much as some here really don't want to hear it, there is a chance that they have actually sorted out the structure they are planning to going with. It's the structure that saw us win games and pile on goals in recent weeks.

I would have thought that a plan to go with two tall forwards had to be given continuity through all the remaining games in the H&A from here if it was actually our preferred structure for finals. So I'm seriously contemplating the possibility now that they're looking to go without either Esava or Jenkins from here, unless injury intervenes.

Not sure I agree with the philosophy. It does seem risky and potentially limiting to me. But if they don't prefer Jenkins and are unhappy with Rata's
output, I can see how they're drawn towards taking this approach from here.

If it's not going to work this way, you'd hope it gets exposed sooner rather than later, though. Don't want to come out of the Tigers game with the sense that we have to start from square one again.
As an opposition coach I'd double team Hawkins and put extreme physical pressure on Rohan and Miers,that's all possible without a genuine 2nd goal kicking forward.

Can definitely see Stanley playing more time up forward with Blicavs rucking.
Not 100% convinced but look forward to be proven wrong.
I don't mind it.... rather 2 key forwards Jenkins and Hawkins. But rather this then Esava in the side..

Why are we questioning the selection of the team when its same structural side that took care of 1 and 3 on the ladder so comprehensively?!
You think opposition coaches are not going to work on us already and double teaming a big forward ain't the hardest thing to do if there is only the one.

Leaked stories to the media about the crows camp, and was pretty much black listed.

As an opposition coach I'd double team Hawkins and put extreme physical pressure on Rohan and Miers,that's all possible without a genuine 2nd goal kicking forward.

Stanley takes the centre bounce and then goes forward. While blitz rucks around the ground. That’s what they did last week. Stanley managed to kick 2 goals which is a solid return. More than sav can manage atm.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back