Past #1: Jack Mahony - drafted w #34 in '17 ND - delisted end '23 - 40 NM games/17 NM goals - thx Mahns

Remove this Banner Ad

Praised by Shaw.

Shaw: Jack Mahony is a really tough kid, and he did really well to run out the game after copping the injury.

.............I am getting tingly centre square midfielder feelings about him.

Pair him up with Dumont as a training partner. Eat, lift, run.

You're right, Dumont would be a great training partner. It's been mentioned numerous times how diligent he is, and he's done astounding things to his athletic profile almost year on year.

Mind and body work as quickly as each other.

Lowers the eyes under pressure.

Goes in hard. Gets lower than anyone else (not hard admittedly.)

If you’re not on board, do yourself a favour.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Haven't people been potting this bloke for being to small, slow etc. I've been impressed with his first season and last night was another step forward. The kid can play footy and has real smarts. A couple of preseasons and he'll be real good, and not just a forward pocket either. Can definately play centre square.

His best game. Just awesome to see he isn’t just a smart skilful player, but genuinely tough as nails. Has a bright future.
It's a long time since we have had a tough as nails Patch or Daniel Harris type. I think he is a real positive from this season.

Why Dumont? He's average paced, zero explosive speed from a pack, poorly skilled by hand and foot & doesn't hit the scoreboard. Bizarre suggestion.
Sure, Dumont "gets the job done" but so does Dan Andrews apparently.

It's a long time since we have had a tough as nails Patch or Daniel Harris type. I think he is a real positive from this season.
Ha ha. Daniel Harris - another iconic NM midfielder. Small, tough, average skilled with minimal leg speed and minimal impact on the scoreboard.

Harris, Power, Tyson, Anthony, Adams, Swallow, Zeibell, Dumont, Ahern, Green, Davies, Hine, Trotter, Lower, Riggio, Ross, Greenwood, Bastinac, McKenzie, Wagner, Hrovat, Mahony..................where does the obsession for slow inside poorly skilled mids end???

Ha ha. Daniel Harris - another iconic NM midfielder. Small, tough, average skilled with minimal leg speed and minimal impact on the scoreboard.

Harris, Power, Tyson, Anthony, Adams, Swallow, Zeibell, Dumont, Ahern, Green, Davies, Hine, Trotter, Lower, Riggio, Ross, Greenwood, Bastinac, McKenzie, Wagner, Hrovat, Mahony..................where does the obsession for slow inside poorly skilled mids end???

Your obsession with pace will be your undoing, " slow and steady wins the race", mate. These bloody lair footballers bursting out of the guts driving the ball forward with daisy cutter passes is a fad. I still feel we're on the right track. Much better off bumbling your way out of the centre and sending a helicopter type kick in the general direction of your forwards. Thus making it difficult for the opposition to work out where we're kicking it.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back