List Mgmt. Welcome to West Coast: Xavier O'Neill (pick 28, 2018 Draft)

Priddis Is Done

Norm Smith Medallist
May 28, 2017
AFL Club
West Coast
Very very promising

Hasn't been given the opportunity yet in a game,

But what's his top speed like and acceleration ? Does he have the burst capability through packs ?

He’ll go on to make those who select the Vic Metro team look very silly for overlooking him.

If you knew the politics behind he Vic Metro squad selection then nothing would surprise you.

Apr 29, 2005
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Very clean with his hands, and the turn he did at one stage right after picking it up off the deck was a thing of beauty.

Made of couple of bad decisions late by foot but nothing that can't be improved.

Keep him in for the rest of the regular season at least.

If you knew the politics behind he Vic Metro squad selection then nothing would surprise you.

The politics in any junior sport are frightening. I can only imagine what it is like in the big 3 - Aussie Rule, League and Cricket. Old boy networks must be in their element.

Goldfish

Premiership Player
Feb 25, 2008
Mornington Peninsula
AFL Club
West Coast
Very clean with his hands, and the turn he did at one stage right after picking it up off the deck was a thing of beauty.

Made of couple of bad decisions late by foot but nothing that can't be improved.

Keep him in for the rest of the regular season at least.
Agree with this, super clean below his knees and off the deck, he's a one grab player. Looks promising.

Sep 21, 2004
Adel - SA - Aust - Earth
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Norwood & Liverpool.
Anything with the word "Vic" in it is tainted in my opinion.

The place and everything they touch is s**t stained

On SM-G925I using BigFooty.com mobile app

THE A5

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 26, 2020
AFL Club
West Coast
07EAF70F-FEB9-4791-9D2D-250961628246.png

The future is bright guiz

Sep 12, 2013
10 min from Optus
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Lakers Claremont
Fellow posters - we saw the start of what XON could do and I must say, he has won me over. Of all the midfield options coming through, XON is by far the best option.

He is balanced and can play the inside extractor but to me he excels as the player getting first ball get from Yeo or someone. He can also play the outside role (do not mix this up that he is soft, far from it) and he has proven himself as a half forward resting

Oct 9, 2009
AFL Club
West Coast
Missing the under 18's championships meant he wasn't in very many people's draft calculations. Considering that we took much earlier than expected I was surprised nobody really took any attention.
Here he was considered to be a late to rookie pick.
2018 was a pretty good draft for us. O'Neill, Williams and Cameron + Edwards. Jury's still out for Foley, but it's still quite a good haul.

Sep 12, 2013
10 min from Optus
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Lakers Claremont
Missing the under 18's championships meant he wasn't in very many people's draft calculations. Considering that we took much earlier than expected I was surprised nobody really took any attention.
Here he was considered to be a late to rookie pick.
2018 was a pretty good draft for us. O'Neill, Williams and Cameron + Edwards. Jury's still out for Foley, but it's still quite a good haul.
Agree with 2018 (considering we were minus a first rounder) being a decent haul. At the time, it was a matter of order. A haul of Williams, XON and Cameron with a speculative Foley would have been good. My concerns at the time were the mids we overlooked when we prioritised Foley. Can't please everyone all the time.

Back