News Burns new senior assistant

Remove this Banner Ad

It's also hard to rate his involvement properly at some of these clubs. Hawthorn doesn't exactly have the best list, particularly around the ball.

West Coast rebuilt successfully while he was there, making finals twice towards the end of his tenure. However at Collingwood his tenure lined up with Collingwood's 4 years out of the finals

Was that when Bucks traded out a few of their quality seniors and went heavy into the draft? They got that list up and going reasonably well.

Overall I'm quite positive, as he's had decent stints at West Coast, Collingwood and Hawthorn. He's also one of the names that frequently comes up when head coaching vacancies are announced, so it also feels like he's still go the hunger as opposed to say Campo, who had his side business as a distraction.

Campo wanted to be senior coach, he just believed that it should be handed to him without presenting and competing with others.

Sounds like he is already making moves for us after the last few days! Maybe he has already come across but they can't announce it until Tigers have finished their season.
This is twice someone has said this... I thought he’d already been let go from Richmond In the COVID purge?

It's also hard to rate his involvement properly at some of these clubs. Hawthorn doesn't exactly have the best list, particularly around the ball.

West Coast rebuilt successfully while he was there, making finals twice towards the end of his tenure. However at Collingwood his tenure lined up with Collingwood's 4 years out of the finals
I think it's the fact he worked under Clarkson.

His time at Collingwood was under a little rejuvenation, not a bad little spell under a similar scenario.

The one major positive I feel from this appointment is that the Club is moving in the direction from my perspective that it was in back when we appointed Walsh.

It just has a feel of wanting to get the right candidates in the right positions, then coupled with a good draft hand and preseason and you use that momentum to move up and forward as a Club.

This is twice someone has said this... I thought he’d already been let go from Richmond In the COVID purge?
I don't think officially. He's not in the bubble and has/had Blair Hartley up in Queensland doing Balme's job while Richmond are there. Richmond have given reportedly Tim Livingstone and Blair Hartley bigger roles in the football department as they're preparing for them to take over, so I'm guessing the assumption is in a cut football department that process would be sped up and Balme would be moved on for Livingstone and Hartley to take over full-time.

Farming isnt exacly a mon to fri, 9 to 5 job with high levels of security either

Getting a new contract under Nicks would give him security as clubs now have a better idea on soft cap requirements within the current environment

Give it up LOL

On SM-G973F using BigFooty.com mobile app
What don't you get about wanting to spend more time with his young family....farmers work from home surely you can get that?

He's not doing it for job security or anything else you mention other than spending more time with his young family, pretty simple really.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

More intresting question would can they afford it under the Cap more so with the increase in Cap taxes.
If the Rumours are true about Balme, then I would expect to see a couple of basic Line Coaches,
Money Talks But only when you have it avaiable, or in this case room under the Cap,

You still going on about this. We've had basic line coaches where other clubs have quality across the board. Manage our spending cap properly and we can have nice things.

You still going on about this. We've had basic line coaches where other clubs have quality across the board. Manage our spending cap properly and we can have nice things.
FFS I thought you understood Finance, While I am not great at it, I understand that when a club loses 3.2 million in football depart spend, It reduce your abilty to hire staff, Simple maths the more you pay in one area the less you pay in other areas. Burns and Balme will not com Cheap.
So please help us all out If you know where the Crows are going to make these Saving Please let us all know I am sure most would be be intrested,

Didn’t see where they said he was doing defenders.. where was that?

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

"He has been in AFL coaching ranks for over a decade, with successful stints at West Coast and Collingwood, and will now mentor Adelaide's defenders."

Remove this Banner Ad

Back