News Burns new senior assistant

Remove this Banner Ad

Not here to pick sides in any argument just following up

Well actually. We have paid out Burton and Campo and Pyke(due to review) which came out of this year's soft cap. So won't have that next year.

Then getting rid of Godden and Hart (and a LOT of backroom staff due to COVID)

So there's that
FFS I thought you understood Finance, While I am not great at it, I understand that when a club loses 3.2 million in football depart spend, It reduce your abilty to hire staff, Simple maths the more you pay in one area the less you pay in other areas. Burns and Balme will not com Cheap.
So please help us all out If you know where the Crows are going to make these Saving Please let us all know I am sure most would be be intrested,

On CPH1831 using BigFooty.com mobile app

FFS I thought you understood Finance, While I am not great at it, I understand that when a club loses 3.2 million in football depart spend, It reduce your abilty to hire staff, Simple maths the more you pay in one area the less you pay in other areas. Burns and Balme will not com Cheap.
So please help us all out If you know where the Crows are going to make these Saving Please let us all know I am sure most would be be intrested,

It's not just us that has has the cap reduced. You do understand this don't you? Have you ever bothered to look at some of the other groups in the league and compared them to ours? We've been doing something horribly wrong if we've been spending the full cap, we've only been recruiting rookies to fill roles. Here's a morsel, what do you reckon is the difference between Clarkson or Dimma's contracts compared to first year senior coach Nicks? Now, knowing there'd be $300k difference there, you'd think we'd see the extra quality in our next level down? Well * me, even before 2020, it's still less in cost than Richmond or Hawthorn. So you ask yourself, where the * is the money going? Answer is it's underfunded or poorly spent. Fix that and we can fit in Balme and a good first and second level coaching group.

And before you bang on, only a couple of clubs have broken the cap in the past and by only minor amounts. You're weird belief is based upon us having managed our spending properly in the past. Correct your flawed premise and it's not hard to see why what's happening can happen.

Maybe we’re following the federal government’s lead and have started printing our own money. A$1 = Crow$1

100% serious - My blind Nan, Maureen could coach that elite midfield. Plus, I also don't miss his "vanilla-ness".

But hey, we need to fill our boys' club quota so maybe he does get the job.

Can we leave the boys club bit alone for a while. Getting old. Give the club the benefit of the doubt that the corner has been turned
- they have completely turned over the off field group so let’s see what we end up with without the sniping

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

First rule of management is to hire people smarter than you so I’m impressed that - as Jenny says - Nicks has brought in a clearly ambitious and well credentialled coach as right hand man.
Yes, beats having yes men.

Senior coach should have assistants who will challenge his views as will usually lead to a healthier outcome.

Can we leave the boys club bit alone for a while. Getting old. Give the club the benefit of the doubt that the corner has been turned
- they have completely turned over the off field group so let’s see what we end up with without the sniping

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

It's not sniping when it's actually a fact though. I'll do me, you do you.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

There's going to be a heap of multiple roles in coaching departments in the short to medium term.

For example, if we do end up with Bassett, he'll be replaced from within IMO.

Not sure who else is available .....but if you have 2 very experienced assistant coaches, you only need a 3rd line Coach for fwds, not a 4th assistant coach which has been the recent model used by clubs

Head Coach - 2 experienced assistant coaches + 1 line coach

versus

Head Coach - 1 senior assistant and 3 line coaches
+ Clarke (AFL ruck and AFLW)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back