Autopsy AFL 2020 First Semi Final - Cats v Pies Sat October 10th 7:40pm/6:40 AEST (Gabba) Match Highlights in OP

Who will win and by how much?

• Cats by a goal or less

Votes: 5 4.3%
  • Pies by a goal or less

Votes: 9 7.7%
  • Cats by 7 - 20

Votes: 34 29.1%
  • Pies by 7 - 20

Votes: 56 47.9%
  • Cats by a lot

Votes: 6 5.1%
  • Pies by a lot

Votes: 7 6.0%
  • Draw

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

True Seeds. But what about the timeframe I set out? 2007 Preliminary onwards?
Is there another club who is as competitive against the Cats?
I would be surprised if there was. Hawfs Finals aside.
Thats a stupid timeframe as its two very different sides. Against the 2007-11 side you are 3-1 in knock out finals. Geelong won all those three flags. Pies won one. The 2019 side is completely different.

If you take the form-lines back past the first week of finals, Geelong haven't done a lot right in the last 2 months, except the drubbing of a listless Essendon.

Pies lost to Port and Brisbane in low scoring affairs, but otherwise pretty solid.

I think this is going to be one of the most dire low-scoring matches in AFL/VFL finals history. It'll be like watching two short people wrestle with one arm tied behind their backs. Uneventful, yet fascinating.

Only if a team hits the lead by more than 2 goals in the last quarter or 4 goals in the 3rd quarter will this game get interesting.

Thats a stupid timeframe as its two very different sides. Against the 2007-11 side you are 3-1 in knock out finals. Geelong won all those three flags. Pies won one. The 2019 side is completely different.

I'm not stating anything other than the 2 clubs seem to have a mini-rivalry spanning back to 2007.
They have a win-loss record that reflects that over that period of time, where Geelong have been perhaps the best performed team of the overall competition.

The quarantine is just normal for this year, so nah, travel i think would not matter as Cats traveled also, mental and physical application? hmmm, that's funny i thought the Cats had pretty much the same.

So i disagree with all of it, but Cats would be favorites, not because of those points, but because they have had a better year.
We've come to the same outcome then just with different reasoning :D
I think the Pies win was great, if they had a fuller compliment of players available and it weren't for the above I'd give them a much bigger chance.

Eddie wins the guernsey battle ( how it happens is still a mystery) Why do even have an H&A season if Eddie just has a sook for finishing 8th? It's time Collingwood had an away strip that works!
As the home team you wore white shorts against Carlton, North Melbourne and Port Adelaide this year, did you complain about it those games?

Both teams get to wear their preferred guernsey, not sure what the issue is.

75% capacity. Similar to last week. I think they are hoping to get it close to 100% by the GF. So PF week will likely see a capacity around 85% - 90%.
Just to piggyback on this, there’s now less than 900 tickets available for Saturday night!! So we could see a crowd around the 20,000 mark for this match (Lions final had 22,000 in and I’m assuming they’ll let the same amount in now). The biggest Non-lions crowd here in qld has been 10,000 last weekend for the EF so 20,000 would be an insane number to reach

I'm not stating anything other than the 2 clubs seem to have a mini-rivalry spanning back to 2007.
They have a win-loss record that reflects that over that period of time, where Geelong have been perhaps the best performed team of the overall competition.
The two sides and their tactics just seem to lock together and tight games ensue, with the occasional blowout.
I reckon it will be tight and tense.

My confidence is yo-yo-ing up and down by the hour. As I type this, I am thinking Pies win, but Christ we need it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If you take the form-lines back past the first week of finals, Geelong haven't done a lot right in the last 2 months, except the drubbing of a listless Essendon.

Pies lost to Port and Brisbane in low scoring affairs, but otherwise pretty solid.

I think this is going to be one of the most dire low-scoring matches in AFL/VFL finals history. It'll be like watching two short people wrestle with one arm tied behind their backs. Uneventful, yet fascinating.

Only if a team hits the lead by more than 2 goals in the last quarter or 4 goals in the 3rd quarter will this game get interesting.

I'll take low scoring and close over a high scoring blowout.

As the home team you wore white shorts against Carlton, North Melbourne and Port Adelaide this year, did you complain about it those games?

Both teams get to wear their preferred guernsey, not sure what the issue is.

Well, this is really a counter-complaint. Eddie launched the first complaint, Cats fans / media retaliating.

To be honest, not sure why they bother. We all saw what happened with the 2017 counter-complaint after the Tigers whined about having to play in Geelong...

It' s hard to know which magpie will turn up, a sprightly alert creature, or a featherless legless one?

I think I have to consciously tone down the excitement for my team after a single stunning performance, and tone up my assessment of the cats after their out of character surrender to Port. All those 30 somethings caught napping after lunch like old men.

Must remember to avoid the recency bias. Must remember to respect losing top 4 sides who were top 4 for a reason.

Pies by 8 goals after a nip and tuck national anthem.

As much as I would love the Pies to win I just feel mentally it will be too much after last weeks nailbiter. However momentum in finals is huge as we have seen with the dogs (16) & Giants last year.
One thing I am NOT looking forward to is another ridicules unwatchable clash of jumpers!

Back