Autopsy AFL 2020 First Semi Final - Cats v Pies Sat October 10th 7:40pm/6:40 AEST (Gabba) Match Highlights in OP

Who will win and by how much?

• Cats by a goal or less

Votes: 5 4.3%
  • Pies by a goal or less

Votes: 9 7.7%
  • Cats by 7 - 20

Votes: 34 29.1%
  • Pies by 7 - 20

Votes: 56 47.9%
  • Cats by a lot

Votes: 6 5.1%
  • Pies by a lot

Votes: 7 6.0%
  • Draw

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Scott needs to do what Buckley did against west coast and open geelong up to attack from the word go. Against richmond and port (Prelim) the only time geelong scores freely was when the game was over and they took it on.
Needs to do that from the word go like when they were playing their best footy during the year. Quick slick ball movement

Scott needs to do what Buckley did against west coast and open geelong up to attack from the word go. Against richmond and port (Prelim) the only time geelong scores freely was when the game was over and they took it on.
Needs to do that from the word go like when they were playing their best footy during the year. Quick slick ball movement
?? Geelong scored freely for most of the first half vs Port. The difference being the scores were not goals, it was nothing like the Richmond game.

?? Geelong scored freely for most of the first half vs Port. The difference being the scores were not goals, it was nothing like the Richmond game.
Yeah bad wording by me
But I just think you haven’t played freely in 4/5 games. Just think use are a better team playing free flowing footy rather then defensive restrictive stuff that scott seems to be deploying

Yeah bad wording by me
But I just think you haven’t played freely in 4/5 games. Just think use are a better team playing free flowing footy rather then defensive restrictive stuff that scott seems to be deploying
Yeah that's how we came undone in the third, they tried to control the ball and when turning it over it allowed Port easy inside 50s.

Yeah that's how we came undone in the third, they tried to control the ball and when turning it over it allowed Port easy inside 50s.
100% use are a bloody good team though and I wanna see you guys beat collingwood! Scott cops so much crap but the fact you’ve been a top 4 team for nearly 2 decades speaks wonders.

No changes for Bucks. Geelong have a similar set up then West Coast’s.
Cox and Mihocek makes it very awkward for their slower, shorter defenders.
Centre clearances are 50/50 so Cameron will be even more crucial. Collingwood got the balance right now.

Cats should bounce back. Should. I just wonder though whether they can contain the pies quicker and now suddenly forward moving mids. Can their slow defence match up against a dynamic forward line?

All pies had a dip, it may be too much to expect to maintain that form 2 weeks running, and Cats have been licking their abcess all week. Though there were a few cat players who just didn't contest the game. At all.

Finally, the Cats have to win. They don't want to face the internal backlash of straight sets finale. Motivation will be there.

Cats should bounce back. Should. I just wonder though whether they can contain the pies quicker and now suddenly forward moving mids. Can their slow defence match up against a dynamic forward line?

All pies had a dip, it may be too much to expect to maintain that form 2 weeks running, and Cats have been licking their abcess all week. Though there were a few cat players who just didn't contest the game. At all.

Finally, the Cats have to win. They don't want to face the internal backlash of straight sets finale. Motivation will be there.
Daicos is a major worry. He was fantastic on the weekend and looks like a proper player.
I love it when the father-sons really come through on the promise.

9 years out of 10 making finals. Want to swap? 5 years and counting..
I'd love to swap. Much rather enjoy a young team building to something exciting than another two years of us topping up with ancient players only to collapse during finals, followed by yet another Scotty presser where he scoffs at anyone who calls out our inability to win finals.

If you can't tell I think the Pies will win. They were unreal against the Eagles. But if they don't and we somehow do, the Lions will just smash us the next week.

Should be a great game on Saturday night. Lets hope the umpires let them play and don't blow their whistle too often.

Collingwood once again have had a great run with the umpires this year. Clearly 1st and ahead of anyone else having won 76 more free kicks than they have given away. Next best is Port with +45.

Serious question, why are Collingwood always near the top with this stat? 1st, 2nd, 1st, 2nd, 3rd in the past 5 years. Is it their style of play, playing many games at the G? With all the Stats out there these days, it may be worth coaches looking into this to get any type of edge you can, it can only help.

Funnily enough Geelong has a good record in recent SF's (5-1 in their last 6) and I couldn't think of a game, except maybe Port in 2013 that I went into with any confidence. I feel the same way about this game, the Pies have a lot of very good players who can get off the chain and dominate.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Daicos is a major worry. He was fantastic on the weekend and looks like a proper player.
Yep. He proved me wrong earlier in the season when I didn't rate him. Leaps and bounds. Buckley, I think, was Pies big improver last week.

Yeah he's gone to another level this season and keeps improving week on week. A sign of young player full of confidence. He's a lovely player to watch as well. Should be a good battle up against Duncan/Guthrie etc.

Should be a great game on Saturday night. Lets hope the umpires let them play and don't blow their whistle too often.

Collingwood once again have had a great run with the umpires this year. Clearly 1st and ahead of anyone else having won 76 more free kicks than they have given away. Next best is Port with +45.

Serious question, why are Collingwood always near the top with this stat? 1st, 2nd, 1st, 2nd, 3rd in the past 5 years. Is it their style of play, playing many games at the G? With all the Stats out there these days, it may be worth coaches looking into this to get any type of edge you can, it can only help.

Style of play, we generally are one of if not the highest possession tally side in the comp. First to the ball more often than it's fair to assume you'll prob earn more free kicks.

Does anyone know how many will be at the Gabba for this one? Surely more allowed in because it’s finals?

High profile President that voices his opinion has a great influence on umpiring. Make a bad decision that goes against Collingwood and he will push the barrow all week on his media platforms. Not what you want when your trying to move up the umpiring ranks and get the big games.

Geelong: 4,428 (17), conversion 29.4%
Collingwood: 4,881 (16), conversion 75.0%

Two very different games last week, conditions could be a huge factor along with the ruck, Collingwood have to keep the speed on the game and separate the defensive group. Geelong have painted themselves into a corner and simply have to keep the faith. Magpies by 25-35 points.

Razor Ray will go in dry against us this time - especially after Scott (rightly) gave it to him in the last match, for bouncing on the left side of the square all night.

That earlier Collingwood game was still one of the worst umpired of the season - even most Pies supporters were in agreement at how lopsided it was -, and he still defended his position by saying Collingwood should have gotten *more* free kicks, lol.

Hates being questioned, loves to decide games and probably has a long memory. Little man syndrome that one.

Won't blame the umpiring if we lose, but can guarantee as sure as the sun comes up, that 'ol Razor will try and inject himself into the game at key points

Last edited:
Razor Ray will go in dry against us this time - especially after Scott (rightly) gave it to him for bouncing on the left side of the square all night.

That earlier Collingwood game was still one of the worst umpired of the season - even most Pies supporters were in agreement at how lopsided it was -, and he still defended his position by saying Collingwood should have gotten *more* free kicks, lol.

Hates being questioned, loves to decide games and probably has a long memory. Little man syndrome that one.

Won't blame the umpiring if we lose, but can guarantee as sure as the sun comes up, that 'ol Razor will try and inject himself into the game at key points

Yes you guys are screwed. He has probably already been booked for a interview first thing Monday with Eddie and Triple M.

High profile President that voices his opinion has a great influence on umpiring. Make a bad decision that goes against Collingwood and he will push the barrow all week on his media platforms. Not what you want when your trying to move up the umpiring ranks and get the big games.
So what's the theory for doggies?

Back