Autopsy AFL 2020 First Semi Final - Cats v Pies Sat October 10th 7:40pm/6:40 AEST (Gabba) Match Highlights in OP

Who will win and by how much?

• Cats by a goal or less

Votes: 5 4.3%
  • Pies by a goal or less

Votes: 9 7.7%
  • Cats by 7 - 20

Votes: 34 29.1%
  • Pies by 7 - 20

Votes: 56 47.9%
  • Cats by a lot

Votes: 6 5.1%
  • Pies by a lot

Votes: 7 6.0%
  • Draw

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Oh ok I didn't realise Geelong were willing to wear white shorts as being the higher ranked team like last years QF.
Thank god because that was unbearable to watch last year.
This was discussed on SEN1116 on Wednesday. Apparently Eddie McGuire and Frank Costa had a handshake agreement that Geelong always wear white shorts against Collingwood. I think Geelong often wear white regardless of being home or away.

True Seeds. But what about the timeframe I set out? 2007 Preliminary onwards?
Is there another club who is as competitive against the Cats?
I would be surprised if there was. Hawfs Finals aside.

Pies always have lifted against us ever since that 2007 prelim.

I can’t stand Collingwood - no particular reason it’s just the rules - but I have a lot of respect for them because generally they get the most out of themselves and I am very wary about tonight.

I’m playing a gig at 7, I will have my phone on my music stand watching with baited breath and probably forgetting lyrics and occasionally swearing.

Good luck, hopefully whoever wins it is a good contest and not impacted by the men in the middle.

I think Geelong often wear white regardless of being home or away.
The AFL continually changes their minds about whether we can wear our home kit for our home games, or our home kit for our home games IF the other team doesn't clash. Been a thing since the early 2000s.

Collingwood played well last week, was surprised that they were able to beat the Eagles when they’d been a little ordinary over the last month or so. Collingwood will press hard tonight & would not be surprised if they won this one.

This was discussed on SEN1116 on Wednesday. Apparently Eddie McGuire and Frank Costa had a handshake agreement that Geelong always wear white shorts against Collingwood. I think Geelong often wear white regardless of being home or away.

Didn’t Costa say he had no memory of any such agreement a couple of years ago?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Pretty crazy to think this could be the end of Ablett's career - is it just me or do the missed years through injury at the Suns make you think he's younger than he really is?

Certainly doesn’t play like a 36 year old imo and remains more dangerous imo than players 10 years younger. The shoulder injuries had a lasting impact though, more mentally than anything.

Who would you say is the Jimmy Butler of the Magpies?
I actually don’t know. Pendlebury maybe? I personally don’t think they have a player like him tbh. On a side note, Jimmy Butler was amazing today. Singlehandedly dragged Miami into the 6th game of the series. Was a bit annoyed towards the end as a Lakers fan because I just wanted the series to be over and done with but he’s played a couple of great games for Miami.

It's funny they call Gaz a small forward, yet his dad is arguably one of the best FF's of all time.

I think his dad was better, but incredible that a father son combo can be that good.

Back