Opinion Commentary & Media IV

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
But Duck isn’t just a supporter in the outer is he? He is our greatest player with a considerable media profile.

He's been on the nose down there with the social puritans ever since they snuck in the back door in 2007, so yeah, he pretty much is just another supporter mate.

Brad Scott openly criticized the bloke, and I can't remember anyone ever asking him down their to chop out in any way.

How can anyone expect a superior level of cognizance or input from a bloke who has been basically ostracized from the club?

It definitely does carry weight but to my way of thinking he’s just had enough of the hierarchy at the club not having the courage to stand up to the media and fly the flag for the club as well as the lack of communication to the members/supporters. The negativity and rumors has been next level.

Perhaps he feels it’s his best way of getting a message to the club. It’s not like he can pick up the phone and buzz Archer to express his concerns. Or probably anyone at the club for that matter.

Up until yesterday’s email, the silence was deafening and I don’t mean in respect to Shaw, because we understand there was more at play, but in respect to all the other rubbish the media has been running with for weeks.

I think JB summed it up well, on the business side of things we are doing well, but in respect to the football side of things, it’s been a freaking mess.

Why not? He's a grown man isn't he? How much does this mean to him?

As for the silence, I think that the rumour morphed into unconfirmed fact well before Friday and ideally the club would have address it sooner. But if the Shaw family were saying no, then what could they do? As for other off-field issues, the club doesn't have to respond to every media insinuation, speculation, extrapolation and fabrication. Again, why spin the doom cycle like Wayne did today? The numbers speak for itself.

You pretty much highlighted his lack of intent in your own response. I would agree.

Would it be any different if they quoted the hyped up folks in here?

Wayne is the greatest player the club the club has produced and has the highest media profile of any past player...hyped up folks like me in here are largely nobodies who make most of their comments whilst drowning their livers on whatever medicine they picked up from Dr. Dan Murphy. I'd say it's hugely different.

Wayne is the greatest player the club the club has produced and has the highest media profile of any past player...hyped up folks like me in here are largely nobodies who make most of their comments whilst drowning their livers on whatever medicine they picked up from Dr. Dan Murphy. I'd say it's hugely different.

They have had **** all to do with him mate, and it's been that way for years!!!

How can you expect him to be that much difference to any of us?!

Wel

Well Wayne time to step up and become a Leader again and join the board we need LEADERSHIP not some lip service from a Sydney based Board member

I understand but I'm not sure Wayne is in a position to do as you say. (assuming he wants to which I don't know).

They have had fu** all to do with him mate, and it's been that way for years!!!

How can you expect him to be that much difference to any of us?!

His opinions and ideas and thoughts about North Melbourne probably aren't that much different or more informed than us. But when Wayne Carey says them, people listen. And he knows that.

His opinions and ideas and thoughts about North Melbourne probably aren't that much different or more informed than us. But when Wayne Carey says them, people listen. And he knows that.

Okay mate, personally I would just rather he was honest and to the point. He was.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Look at how Fox is running with it!

These campaigners spin it overboard regardless of what was stated!!! Pull out one sentence, magnify it and then embellish.

It's what they DO.

If you expect people to be up on every single thing these pricks can trap and spin, then they would never make any comments whatsoever!!!

You're damned if you do, and you're damned if you don't! Say nothing and you're an ******** that doesn't care, say something and it inevitably gets spun incorrectly, and then folks complain that they should have been more careful.

1602920013230.png

Do you want to know what the REAL problem is mate? It's people like YOU! Stop falling in to this utter BULLSH!T!

Last edited:
Great to see the King fired up again - but he is way off here.

The appropriate people speaking for the NMFC are Buckley (re overall finances/Shaw) and Brady re recruiting strategy (which was clearly done a few weeks back).

We don't need everyone man and his dog at Board and management level quacking to the media and giving mixed messages about what we are up to on and off the field.

The 'cancer' comment probably refers to the hub and I am sure he would have the inside word on that.

That hub cancer has now been cut out and no longer an issue for us.

The club is now working through the coaching issue and needs to be sensitive about this (and has been).

In a couple of weeks time we will have trades underway, probably a new coach/mentor and certainly a really strong hand at the draft - the narrative will change quickly from 'a club in shambles' to ....' a club that is planning well for the future with a bunch of good kids....'

Maybe he could have honestly acknowledged the facts that JB tabled during the segment?

Did he DIShonestly dismiss them?

I have all the time in the world for you as a great long time member here MM, but you are literally being impossible about this.

Thanks Wayne

He should have stated nothing, so you could call him an uncaring prick, and that would be the end of it.

You're impossible.

I’m in shock sitting here.

Who’d of thought when the nmfc went the rebuild path , that they’d be coming for us at all different directions. 🙄

Don’t get sucked into their BS.
Give us three years and we’ll be back up there.
I look forward to hearing what Barrett, Whateley, Brian Taylor etc have to say then!!!!

Great to see the King fired up again - but he is way off here.

The appropriate people speaking for the NMFC are Buckley (re overall finances/Shaw) and Brady re recruiting strategy (which was clearly done a few weeks back).

We don't need everyone man and his dog at Board and management level quacking to the media and giving mixed messages about what we are up to on and off the field.

The 'cancer' comment probably refers to the hub and I am sure he would have the inside word on that.

That hub cancer has now been cut out and no longer an issue for us.

The club is now working through the coaching issue and needs to be sensitive about this (and has been).

In a couple of weeks time we will have trades underway, probably a new coach/mentor and certainly a really strong hand at the draft - the narrative will change quickly from 'a club in shambles' to ....' a club that is planning well for the future with a bunch of good kids....'

The media narrative won’t change until there is no way for them to dispute it. It won’t change after the draft. That’s fine. Batton down the hatches. When it turns we can sit here smugly.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back