Opinion Commentary & Media IV

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe he could have honestly acknowledged the facts that JB tabled during the segment?
He was probably as stunned as I was when JB said "It's a very well run club off the field" and Damien Barrett said "No its not!". We could make $1 million dollars profit and DB would find a way to make it a bad thing!

I am probably way offline here, but i thought Ducks comment :

“If you believe what we’re told, this place has got cancer running right through the footy club. It is really concerning.”

was a kind of backhanded slap to Caro and Barrett's recent commentary about us, but agree, the C word not a term to be thrown up casually in media.

“If you believe what we’re told, this place has got cancer running right through the footy club. It is really concerning.”

was a kind of backhanded slap to Caro and Barrett's recent commentary about us, but agree, the C word not a term to be thrown up casually in media.

You are in the ballpark there.

He was talking about the silence from the club. Rumours were flying everywhere and if you believe what we're told then cancer etc.

Basically , he was saying if this was nipped in the bud earlier by Buckley/Armarfio speaking out then we wouldn't have all this cancerous bullshit spread around as fact.

Yeah this.
In context I'm very sure he's saying the talking heads have run amok while the club has kept mum.
If Buckley or Amfario spoke up a bit sooner it may have put a wet blanket over the insinuations but who knows

People usually believe what they see and hear based upon their pre-existing prejudices.

Does anyone think the editors of the Hun, Age, Foxfooty or channel 7, go home and lay awake at night worrying about the extrapolations of Wayne Carey's comments?

Hell no, they sleep like ****ing babies, and only lay awake at night if they haven't roped enough people in to keep the advertising bucks rolling in!

He should have stated nothing, so you could call him an uncaring prick, and that would be the end of it.

You're impossible.

You sound like Mrs.Marstermind :)

Here's what I would have said if I was Wayne with exactly the amount of emotion he showed.

"Yeah it looks North are in for hard times. I just don't understand what's going on and I'm worried if we don't get things right now then we could have real problems. It's really sad what happened to Rhyce Shaw and I hope he's OK. It's essential that we make good decisions from here and I'd like to think we have the right people making those decisions. I would have liked the club to be more forward and on the front foot with everything. I'm angry that our future is being questioned again and I don't think the club has done enough to hose this down. What is our future? Yes you're right Jim, it's incredible the club has made a profit this year so there must be some good people there. I just hope that we get the football stuff right. No, sorry Damian you're wrong. To have a profit is a fantastic result. I'm proud that we could do that. North have some really good young players - Thomas, Zurhaar, Davies-Uniacke will get better, I like the look of Larkey but I hope they give him some support if Brown is gone. They have a good draft hand so should bring in some exciting talent. We have a some really hard years ahead but it's never as bad as it seems if we find the right coach we can turn it around sooner than a lot of people think. BT, that's a stupid comment. Times are tough now but in my time at North and watching since I left I've never felt that we were happy with mediocrity. Never. Pull your head in."

BT’s surly “mediocrity” yet again confirms his bias.

Can only hope that when Bruce retires he gets to call the next North Premiership.
Did you hear BT greet Bruce before the game last night? I think he said something, "I'm surprised to see you're still here".

Bruce responded with something about him living in Adelaide and he always attends Adelaide games in person.

If Carey has any self-awareness he'd blame himself at least partly for where we are at. His swinging dick antics brought us to our knees. I'm not holding my breath waiting for him to save our club when he ripped the heart out of our arse.

That’s strike one for you mister

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The next move is in the club's hands frankly. I think they have handled everything very well. It was quite clear in WCs connects that he is being fed by Dumbo Barrett. The clubs the media nothing, so now is the change to cone out slap these flogs down for sticking their noses in we're they don't belong. .....maybe wait until until Caro has her say.

You sound like Mrs.Marstermind :)

Well that's good because we have both been hanging around with you long enough.;):thumbsu:

Here's what I would have said if I was Wayne with exactly the amount of emotion he showed.

Yeah it looks North are in for hard times.

MARSTERMIND DECLARES, NORTH HAVE HIT ROCK BOTTOM!

COULD THIS BE THE LAST STRAW FOR THE IMPERILED BATTLERS! (foxfooty)

I just don't understand what's going on and I'm worried if we don't get things right now then we could have real problems.

LONG TIME NORTH DIEHARD REMAINS PUZZLED AND IDENTIFIES "REAL PROBLEMS" AT ARDEN STREET! (Channel 7)

It's really sad what happened to Rhyce Shaw and I hope he's OK.

NORTH STALWART IS DEEPLY CONCERNED ABOUT COACHES WELFARE! (Herald - Sun)

It's essential that they make good decisions from here and I'd like to think we have the right people making those decisions. I would have liked the club to be more forward and on the front foot with everything.

MARSTERMIND AIMS BROADSIDE AT NORTH LEADERSHIP, DECLARES THEY ARE HOLDING BACK! (The Age)

I'm angry that our future is being questioned again and I don't think the club has done enough to hose this down. What is our future? Yes you're right Jim, it's incredible the club has made a profit this year so there must be some good people there. I just hope that we get the football stuff right. No, sorry Damian you're wrong. To have a profit is a fantastic result. I'm proud that we could do that. North have some really good young players - Thomas, Zurhaar, Davies-Uniacke will get better, I like the look Larkey but I hope they give him some support if Brown is out and they have a good draft hand. We have a some really hard years ahead and it's never as bad as it seems if we find the right coach we can turn it around. BT, that's a stupid comment. Times are tough now but in my time at North and watching since I left I've never felt that we were happy with mediocrity. Never. Pull your head in."

Penny dropped yet mate?

Well that's good because we have both been hanging around with you long enough.;):thumbsu:

MARSTERMIND DECLARES, NORTH HAVE HIT ROCK BOTTOM!

COULD THIS BE THE LAST STRAW FOR THE IMPERILED BATTLERS! (foxfooty)

LONG TIME NORTH DIEHARD REMAINS PUZZLED AND IDENTIFIES "REAL PROBLEMS" AT ARDEN STREET! (Channel 7)

NORTH STALWART IS DEEPLY CONCERNED ABOUT COACHES WELFARE! (Herald - Sun)

MARSTERMIND AIMS BROADSIDE AT NORTH LEADERSHIP! (The Age)

Penny dropped yet mate?
[/QUOTE]

Who the **** is Marstermind? I'd rather hear from Wayne Carey.

Who the fu** is Marstermind? I'd rather hear from Wayne Carey.

I'd wager that you're more switched on than Wayne, but as you can see, it still takes bugger all effort to embellish and misrepresent your own words.

It's what these campaigners do, and we must remain ever vigilant of NOT falling in to them.

Did you hear BT greet Bruce before the game last night? I think he said something, "I'm surprised to see you're still here".

Bruce responded with something about him living in Adelaide and he always attends Adelaide games in person.
BT is an idiot! I am no longer listening to anything he has to say!

I'd wager that you're more switched on than Wayne, but as you can see, it still takes bugger all effort to embellish and misrepresent your own words.

It's what these campaigners do, and we must remain ever vigilant of NOT falling in to them.

Imagine the campaigners if we have two poor on field years in a row.

I'm not falling into anything. Aside from the specific of Duck, you and I are in furious agreement. That the media will turn anything into a headline. So when Wayne does his media thing today, I assume he knew in advance he'd be on, I assume he knew he'd be asked about North and I assume he knows how much weight he holds when commenting about North. So maybe, just maybe, he could have been better prepared and chosen his words better.

Anyway. Carry on.

I'm not falling into anything. Aside from the specific of Duck, you and I are in furious agreement. That the media will turn anything into a headline. So when Wayne does his media thing today, I assume he knew in advance he'd be on, I assume he knew he'd be asked about North and I assume he knows how much weight he holds when commenting about North. So maybe, just maybe, he could have been better prepared and chosen his words better.

Anyway. Carry on.

I reckon you're giving him too much credit mate.

Imagine the campaigners if we have two poor on field years in a row.

I'd have a far more dificult time dealing with my own people here. Some of them are the internet version of shell shocked.

Wayne is spot on, when its all roses seems like we hear a lot from everyone at the club, but when we have issues we barely hear a whisper. Hopefully now after the Shaw announcement we will hear more about the direction of the club, Higgins, Brown etc...
So what are they supposed to say? no one on here could honestly say they are not aware of the issues affecting us presently. Cant think of any value on continuously banging onn about them. Just address them. After all actions speak louder than words.

Delisting 11 players that were never part of a successfull future souds like action to me.

Not caving in to a bloke who held out for a better deal and then put in a shocker of a season sounds like action to me.

Higgo wants to feel the market for an opportunity to possibly enjoy a bit of success in his final years, hes been a loyal champ for us so we support his wish.

The latest misfortune of shawry is very unfortunate and kudos for the club for respecting his privacy.

No its not all beer and skittles but there are are people employed to address the issues. Let them do their job and judge them on their actions rather than the perception of others on the sidelines.

After all they have plenty of work to do.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back