Opinion Commentary & Media IV

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
When is this mythical time that the club is supposed to have communicated more?

Rhyce‘s condition became known immediately after the conclusion of the last game, no?

So what are they supposed to say? no one on here could honestly say they are not aware of the issues affecting us presently. Cant think of any value on continuously banging onn about them. Just address them. After all actions speak louder than words.

Delisting 11 players that were never part of a successfull future souds like action to me.

Not caving in to a bloke who held out for a better deal and then put in a shocker of a season sounds like action to me.

Higgo wants to feel the market for an opportunity to possibly enjoy a bit of success in his final years, hes been a loyal champ for us so we support his wish.

The latest misfortune of shawry is very unfortunate and kudos for the club for respecting his privacy.

No its not all beer and skittles but there are are people employed to address the issues. Let them do their job and judge them on their actions rather than the perception of others on the sidelines.

After all they have plenty of work to do.

all well and good when reading twitter, big footy to try find out what's happening. However plenty of supporters/members who don't do social media and go by what's being said on tv, plenty of those members supporters are confused with all the axing to staff members, Cassie etc. Who's making the decisions, who's paying for the payouts? As Wayne said, if you believe what you" hear" the club has been dysfunctional.

Club needs to communicate better when s**t hits the fan. Clubs are a business and business' can always improve to gain confidents of current members and supporters.

When is this mythical time that the club is supposed to have communicated more?

Rhyce‘s condition became known immediately after the conclusion of the last game, no?

We all wish Shaw all the best and to get better but the footy club will and needs to move on asap. Its about moving forward now, just providing a plan for what's the next step for senior coach, who's doing the selections etc.

Is Carey Rad Roo?

Which other clubs released a statement detailing who let their assistant coaches go?
They aren't going to release strategies to Damo.Club emails are basically cut and paste year after year. "Leave no stone unturned, attract best people on and off field, ect."

The only thing I am a bit surprised with is that we haven't heard anything from our captain. A basic we wish Rhyce all the best and are united as a club would be nice.

On SM-G960F using BigFooty.com mobile app

all well and good when reading twitter, big footy to try find out what's happening. However plenty of supporters/members who don't do social media and go by what's being said on tv, plenty of those members supporters are confused with all the axing to staff members, Cassie etc. Who's making the decisions, who's paying for the payouts? As Wayne said, if you believe what you" hear" the club has been dysfunctional.

Club needs to communicate better when sh*t hits the fan. Clubs are a business and business' can always improve to gain confidents of current members and supporters.
Agreed but the narative cant be played out in the media. Just like talkback radio they control their narative. They have obviously informed some journos of the facts, SENs Sam Edmunds has derectly rebuked at least 2 or barrets claims. But its a slippery slide having journos doing your bidding. Their allegences are not the same as the clubs.

interesting to hear damien barrett end the segment with something about no one wanting to come to north melbourne. Aidan Corr is chopped liver i suppose

If commentators believe North is a quote 'Basket Case', they may be better turning their attention to the state of the game. These two preliminary finals demonstrate just how awful the AFL has become. Frankly I'd rather watch a game in the mud at Arden Street in the 1960s than the scramble that's being dished up as football today.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Wayne is spot on, when its all roses seems like we hear a lot from everyone at the club, but when we have issues we barely hear a whisper. Hopefully now after the Shaw announcement we will hear more about the direction of the club, Higgins, Brown etc...

When was the last time it was all roses? 4 years ago when we sat at 9-0, I don’t know what Wayne is talking about

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

I am probably way offline here, but i thought Ducks comment :

“If you believe what we’re told, this place has got cancer running right through the footy club. It is really concerning.”

was a kind of backhanded slap to Caro and Barrett's recent commentary about us, but agree, the C word not a term to be thrown up casually in media.

I would love you to be right

Did he DIShonestly dismiss them?

I have all the time in the world for you as a great long time member here MM, but you are literally being impossible about this.
MM is spot on here. Carey's been in the media a long time. It wouldn't have been hard to be honest AND a bit more thoughtful about his comments. He's got enough of a clue to know how this ends.

Jake Niall’s article in tomorrow’s Age is really full of shallow thought bubbles. No earnest investigation just hysterical hypotheticals. I thought Jake was better than some of the other hacks going around but this is just hitching to the bash North bandwagon.

Out of interest, when Adelaide decided to rebuild at the end of 2019, what kind of statement/media release did they provide?

What didn’t work in their favour was not getting on the front foot and addressing and acknowledging the Collective Minds issues/rumors. They just hoped it would go away and it never did.

Club needs to communicate better when sh*t hits the fan. Clubs are a business and business' can always improve to gain confidents of current members and supporters.

I know what you are saying but the last time the club was honest with the members and the football world it cost us 2 first rounders, or so I am being told by all and sundry

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back