If 7 straight games at the MCG leading into finals is an advantage....

Remove this Banner Ad

Again, that has nothing to do with my post. Why are you quoting me and saying random unrelated things?
I get it, you're a salty Carlton supporter who isn't interested in anything that happened in the past, even the main game of the year just a week ago. Move on then, this thread's not for you.

We didn't play a single home game either all our games in Melbourne were against other MCG teams or away at Marvel.

Just cements the greatest performance ever.

I get it, you're a salty Carlton supporter who isn't interested in anything that happened in the past, even the main game of the year just a week ago. Move on then, this thread's not for you.
From the evidence so far, you don't get much. Do you normally respond to people in real life with comments unrelated to what they're talking about?

If West Coast had jagged the flag in 1990 it would have been the best travelling performance bar none

Round 21 - played Bris in Qld at Carrara

Round 22 played Geel at Kardinia Park

Finished 3rd in a final five

1st week of finals - drew with Coll at Waverley

2nd week of finals - replay of Coll game at Waverly which they lost

3rd week of finals defeated Melb at Waverley

4th week of finals - lost to Ess in PF at Waverley

I know Eagles supporters these days whinge a bit - but back then they had a right to whinge .
Geez we’re reaching now trying to include a team that lost twice drew once and didn’t even make the granny!

Richmond travelled 6 times in 2020 = 4 wins

Richmond travelled 6 times in 2019 = 4 wins

Richmond travelled 5 times in 2018 = 1 win

Richmond travelled 6 times in 2017 = 4 wins

Be careful, you’re suggesting that Richmond aren’t a Melbourne based club. It’s gonna be real hard to claim Vic bias if you go down this path

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If nothing else, Richmond supporters are always good for comic relief.

I'm glad you have moved on from anger to bargaining in the 5 stages.

Geez we’re reaching now trying to include a team that lost twice drew once and didn’t even make the granny!
Thus why he had the word if at the start.

Maybe you would prefer this instead.

Adelaide 1998

Round 22 Defeat West Coast in Perth

Finals Week 1 QF Lose to Melbourne in Melbourne

Finals Week 2 SF Defeat Sydney in Sydney

Finals Week 3 PF Defeat Western Bulldogs in Melbourne

Finals Week 4 GF Defeat North Melbourne in Melbourne

Richmond fans are those same people who talk about the final episode of a tv show for months, it's just entertainment. There's no value in winning a game of football beyond the enjoyment in the moment.

Not really travelling when first 5 games were in Victoria, then once in the South East Queensland hub 8 games in South East Queensland

13 of 17 home and away games didn’t have to travel to

* me, someone who gets it. Imagine trying to argue playing games 400m away from your 5 star resort where your family resides in front of 2000 neutral supporters is the same as flying across the country every fortnight.

Just when you think BF couldn't be more unbearable.

We get it, you won, you're so fking awesome.

Should be books and movies about Richmond, and all the adversity... blah blah blah.

Yet along with the WCE, were the first team to sook early on.

It was evened out by the fact that pretty much every league in the comp was playing away from home.
Richmond had the least travel out of all the vic teams.

Then what do you call it when a team has to play 16 games straight on the road to win the premiership?

I’d call it damn impressive. And it’s certainly silenced a lot of the detractors that used that weak argument last year.

Richmond won 13 games outside their home state this year. Has that ever been bettered? I very much doubt it. Possibly the greatest travelling side of all time

Beating Sydney 'on the road' at the Gabba was mighty impressive.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back