Past #13: Jared Polec - delisted end '21 - redrafted w/ #1 in '21 RD - re-delisted end '22 - 42 NM games/20 NM goals

Remove this Banner Ad

Hardly. The media didn't drop him last year.

Sent from my SM-A908B using Tapatalk

The media didn't put Tom Murphy on the wing then delist him either.

That is way too intellectual for the majority of dopes who are posting in this thread.

Passmore is a good poster mate, we just don't agree on everything.

I'm not one to bother with pushing square pegs in to round holes, I just look at a bloke and sum up whether he does something well and whether the team can use it.

Jared gets two ticks from me.

I think his "selfishness" is seriously over-stated. It wasn't even raised as an issue in 2019.

Sure, he's an outside player who needs to up his defensive effort, but that doesn't equal "not team-oriented".
I'm not saying he's selfish. He was dropped for a reason last year.

The media didn't put Tom Murphy on the wing then delist him either.
What on earth has that got to do with Jared Polec?

I'm not saying he's selfish. He was dropped for a reason last year.

I get that, but there seems to be a growing sentiment of 'Polec's not a team player, do no want.'

Polec is a class footballer and assuming we get back on track over the pre-season, next year people will be very happy that we retained him.

We've already seen 180 degree turns by posters in their view on Anderson.

Tom's a bit stiff, but if de-listing him was the incorrect decision, we'll find out when he tears it up at his new club.

Not holding my breath.

Unfortunately, I didn't see it with Tom either, genetics ultimately had him fall short as it does with a hell of a lot of players that just miss the grade, but he gave it a red hot crack and can hold his head high.

What on earth has that got to do with Jared Polec?

My view is the Polec episode was blown out of proportion.

It appears to be the clubs view also.

Unfortunately, I didn't see it with Tom either, genetics ultimately had him fall short as it does with a hell of a lot of players that just miss the grade, but he gave it a red hot crack and can hold his head high.
Unfortunately Tom just wasn't good enough. It happens to the majority of players that come into the AFL.

Tom's a bit stiff, but if de-listing him was the incorrect decision, we'll find out when he tears it up at his new club.

Not holding my breath.

I'm still waiting for Declan Mountford to get picked up by one of the WA clubs and prove us wrong.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Polec surely stays

I can’t see the rationale of getting rid of a relatively young player who possesses characteristics that no other player on our list possesses. Added to the fact that we would need to pay handsomely to get rid of him too, edges this into the pretty ludicrous column. If he’s actually that bad of a human being, then, I suggest, nobody will want him.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Disagree

would rather pump games into younger players on the wing

Agree with you on this one.

If we are going down the full rebuild path (Brown, Higgins gone, maybe Anderson) we should move on the biggest list/cap clogger we have as well.

I think if we paid most his wage a few clubs might give up something decent for him without needing to pay much salary

As I wrote earlier I was told we would try and package in a deal with Brown or Higgins.

His salary off a terrible year has meant that's going to be very difficult.

As I wrote earlier I was told we would try and package in a deal with Brown or Higgins.

His salary off a terrible year has meant that's going to be very difficult.
Which is why you make the deal possible by agreeing to pay most/if not all his salary to ensure other clubs are interested and offer us something decent

Remove this Banner Ad

Back