Opinion 2020 Draft #2: 1/9/22/23/40/80 (2021 + Melb 2nd, Haw 4th, Freo 4th)

Who will Adelaide select with pick 1?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

KEY DATES

Oct 30 – Nov 6: AFL Free Agency Period
November 4 – 12: AFL Trade Period
November 20: List Lodgment 1
November 27: List Lodgment 2
November 30: AFL Draft Nominations close
w/c December 7: NAB AFL Draft and Rookie Draft (exact date to be confirmed in due course)
Mid-December: Final List Lodgment & TPP estimates

As God is my witness, finding anything useful on the AFL.com.au site is practically impossible, may whoever designed it burn in hell.

Not sure thst he is a true forward?

McDonald looks like he has natural forward craft however RT looks like he is still developing his forward craft

With that said I agree RT is the more versatile player

On SM-G973F using BigFooty.com mobile app

We have to go by what RT sees himself, and that is a true KPF that can ruck, like Jenkins just a 100 % better

I swear Gooch appeared out of nowhere in Twomeys draft in the last few weeks in his draft year. Like people knew of him but no one rated him that high.
Nah he had him a chance to us and Port at #13 and #14 a month out from the draft and he was spoken of as a 1st round prospect right back to the previous year, though admittedly there were differing opinions about.

Fog was not being spoken about as being in pick 1 contention, 2 weeks from the draft by the most knowledgeable draft guru in the country.

Wasn't it due to a knee issue in his draft year:

DRAFT PROJECTION: 5-15

SUMMARY

Darcy Fogarty has shown glimpses in 2017 and a knee injury curtailed his season ensuring that we wouldn’t see the best of Fogarty and for him to reach as high as some had hoped. With good decision making skills and quick hands in the contest suggesting a possible move into the midfield is possible down the track, he will need to address his endurance with it holding him back from being a full-time midfielder in the AFL. The question for AFL clubs is where do they see him playing his best football, and whether he becomes a midfielder or a third tall at the next level. Fogarty’s first few preseasons at AFL level will be important in answering that question as to what player the general forward translates to in years to come.

^ His endurance was being questioned too, as it still is.

Wasn't it due to a knee issue in his draft year:

DRAFT PROJECTION: 5-15

SUMMARY

Darcy Fogarty has shown glimpses in 2017 and a knee injury curtailed his season ensuring that we wouldn’t see the best of Fogarty and for him to reach as high as some had hoped. With good decision making skills and quick hands in the contest suggesting a possible move into the midfield is possible down the track, he will need to address his endurance with it holding him back from being a full-time midfielder in the AFL. The question for AFL clubs is where do they see him playing his best football, and whether he becomes a midfielder or a third tall at the next level. Fogarty’s first few preseasons at AFL level will be important in answering that question as to what player the general forward translates to in years to come.

^ His endurance was being questioned too, as it still is.

Well there we go, need get him in midfield, would kill it, with his aggression and attack, just need work on his tank, maybe that’s what we r hoping he becomes.

I agree with you, and I think we will take Thilthorpe with the 1st pick however:

Modern football is different, who wins the grand final: Martin or Lynch?

And to be honest will we have capability to get a FA forward in when our window is there

I'd rather Hollands and Cox over Thilthorpe and O'Driscoll
If we aren'taking McDonald at 1 which it looks like we aren't I'm onboard the Hollands or Phillips at 1 and Cox at 9 bandwagon. To me Cox looks like he has huge upside, can play both ends and also appears to be the best contested mark of the forwards. Will be a gun imo.

My concern with Hollands is his knee and would therefore prefer Phillips but will Phillips stick around? Who knows. Therefore I will be happy with either Hollands/Phillips at 1 and Cox at 9. Would be happy with either TT or Cox but my preference is Cox. I feel Thilthorpe could be a great player but I have concerns that he can play 22 games a season which we must get out of our picks. We may need to somehow get our hands on pick 5 to cut out Essendon from taking Cox though. The interesting part of the draft is who will North, Sydney and Hawthorn take as it could influence gold coast and whether they are targetting a player that they could get at pick 9. I feel any trade would need to involve 9 and our 2021/2nd rounder which should be around pick 20.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If we aren'taking McDonald at 1 which it looks like we aren't I'm onboard the Hollands or Phillips at 1 and Cox at 9 bandwagon. To me Cox looks like he has huge upside, can play both ends and also appears to be the best contested mark of the forwards. Will be a gun imo.
My concern with Hollands is his knee and would prefer Phillips but will Phillips stick around? Who knows. Therefore I will be happy with either Hollands/Phillips at 1 and Cox at 9. I believe one of Cox or Thilthorpe should be available at 9. Would be happy with either but my preference is Cox. I feel Thilthorpe could be a great player but I have concerns that he can play 22 games a season which we must get out of our picks.

Well I think you can count Phillips out, absolute Bailey smith flight risk, going to hawthorn , Gold Coast, or if he slips to Essendon, most likely GC.

Will Adelaide as much as they want him take gamble of acl at pick 1, I very much doubt it. Too much riding on pick 1

I am now thinking not LM but Tilthorpe.

only logic picking Holland is that it may if everything aligns right see him get to us at 9.

Here is how I think it may play out:

1 Adelaide Holland’s
2 NM LM
3 WB bid on JUH sydney
4 Sydney DGB
5 hawthorn Perkins or Phillips but thinking perkins
6 GC phillips or tilthorpe but lean to Phillips keep 3 amigo together

This is where it’s interesting Essendon, do they take one or two talls
I think 1 and 2 midfielders knowing merit out door
7 essendon - rumour big on Cox
8 Essendon ?? But midfielder maybe brun
9 Essendon ?? Midfielder - think they want Perkins but hawthorn get him
10 Adelaide TILTHORPE

The first 10 slowly becoming clearer, so still possible get Hollands tilthorpe but everything have go our way.
key is have keep pick 9 and not push back
If RT still there at their pick and big on Cox, we may be able do a deal

Only worry is GC, wanted move to NM pick why ? Do they want one of LM or RT

This is true .....but IMO there's other factors, like playing tall and leap versus the 2 feet jumper

If he was even 3-4 cm taller, demand for Borlase would be a lot greater IMO

If Caleb Daniel was 6ft he would have gone top 5. Being short for your position is a real limitation and not every player overcomes it.

One of the phantom draft guys that watches a lot of the under 18’s was asked who does Holland’s play like and his answer was Jarod Polec. I’m not spending a pic 1 on a Jarod Polec type .

I saw that too but nothing like Polec.

One of the phantom draft guys that watches a lot of the under 18’s was asked who does Holland’s play like and his answer was Jarod Polec. I’m not spending a pic 1 on a Jarod Polec type .

KM said polec on the outside, stevie j up forward. He wants to be an inside mid, transition was suppose to be this year. were not recruiting him to play wing

Well I think you can count Phillips out, absolute Bailey smith flight risk, going to hawthorn , Gold Coast, or if he slips to Essendon, most likely GC.

Will Adelaide as much as they want him take gamble of acl at pick 1, I very much doubt it. Too much riding on pick 1

I am now thinking not LM but Tilthorpe.

only logic picking Holland is that it may if everything aligns right see him get to us at 9.

Here is how I think it may play out:

1 Adelaide Holland’s
2 NM LM
3 WB bid on JUH sydney
4 Sydney DGB
5 hawthorn Perkins or Phillips but thinking perkins
6 GC phillips or tilthorpe but lean to Phillips keep 3 amigo together

This is where it’s interesting Essendon, do they take one or two talls
I think 1 and 2 midfielders knowing merit out door
7 essendon - rumour big on Cox
8 Essendon ?? But midfielder maybe brun
9 Essendon ?? Midfielder - think they want Perkins but hawthorn get him
10 Adelaide TILTHORPE

The first 10 slowly becoming clearer, so still possible get Hollands tilthorpe but everything have go our way.
key is have keep pick 9 and not push back
If RT still there at their pick and big on Cox, we may be able do a deal

Only worry is GC, wanted move to NM pick why ? Do they want one of LM or RT
GC may want LM/TT if King is off end off next year.

Hollands is a goal kicking skilled good sized player that moves like Bont. I want that.

Thilthorpe looks like a powerful big man with a high footy IQ. I want that.

McDonald looks like someone that dominates the lower levels where there is space. Not as interested.

All three might be great. All three might be relative flops.

Oh the joys of hindsight are going to be thick on the ground in here over the next few years!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back