Prediction Assistant Coaches 2019

Remove this Banner Ad

Nice try at twisting an arguement. Fagan is 60 years old out of the Hawthorn System, under Clarkson and schooled in success These are facts 6 out of the last 18 premiership coaches played in one then you have Roos and Pagan and Williams who played in Grandfinals. Pagan trained by Barassi. Williams under Hafey. It may not be the be all and all but to the best of my knowledge Luke Power is the only person who knows what takes in our coaching group. Carlton need more from that background

As for my comment in the context of a game of football eat your heart out. We won 7 games last year and finished 11th and you act like everything will fall in to place.

Haha so still no new theories?

" closer to the spoon than finals"

A month ago I was driving to Sydney and on 702 radio Ben Ikin , a rugby league Queensland champion , was interviewed re the Broncos situation and appointments right across . “Players make coaches “ . Fair point in my opinion . Sorry for the cross code analogy .

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
How many titles did Jackson win without Jordan or Bryant? 0
How many will Bellachek win without Tom Brady? 0
Wayne Bennett was a great coach with Langer, Renouf, Walters and that crew.
Millions of examples. Cannot find near as many when a coach comes in and turns bad teams into champion? They exist but significantly fewer.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Where is the midfield structure? We have lost this game because of it. But some people will defend Barker and say it’s not him

Look at who the stoppages coach is and ask... Is it any wonder why we can't win a ******* clearance from the stoppages?

Look at our entire coaching staff and it’s poor poor poor

I'm sorry. I'm so fired up I'm only reading half posts and responding.

TIme for a timeout.

You're spot on though.

Where is the midfield structure? We have lost this game because of it. But some people will defend Barker and say it’s not him
Both Barker and Stanton need to be replaced, Power and O’Keefe should take over ASAP before our season is over.

Teague saying you don’t make changes based on one week is crap, if the alarm bells weren’t ringing last week when we got smashed in the centre clearances by the Bombers then I’m a monkeys *in uncle, yet nothing changed even though we knew we were coming up against the best centre clearance team, hello Cripps can not keep his *in feet at a contest get him the * out of there, Libba had 9 centre clearances on his own to our combined 7, 4 of which were Pittonet fmd.

If Setterfield doesn’t replace Cripps at centre bounces I *in give up, the muppets will probably bring in Dow again who couldn’t manage to lay a tackle in a whole VFL game playing midfield, get Setters in or * right off Carlton.

Last edited:
Our midfield is Cripps, Walsh and Ed.
It was faced with Macrae, Bont Libba, Treloar, Smith - arguably the strongest midfield in the comp.
While our midfield structures are clearly lacking, we are and have been screaming out for reinforcements for some time - list management deserves a clip as much as the coaching group.

Look at our entire coaching staff and it’s poor poor poor
The only assistant coach that is actually doing ok is Amos. Our defenders are doing great considering that our mids fold like wet bog paper as soon as a bit of pressure hits them. When our midfield folds and doesn't apply defensive pressure... the the opposition just roll over the top of our midfield and the number of inside 50's goes through the roof. And thanks to our defense, we haven't been smashed with a massive loss yet.

As someone said in the autopsy thread... if someone puts a counter move on us, our midfield and stoppages coaches counter with stuff that the club has been doing for years. And if the opposition coaches are on the ball, they already know how we're going to respond.

Our midfield is Cripps, Walsh and Ed.
It was faced with Macrae, Bont Libba, Treloar, Smith - arguably the strongest midfield in the comp.
While our midfield structures are clearly lacking, we are and have been screaming out for reinforcements for some time - list management deserves a clip as much as the coaching group.

It's not list management who's making the team selection decisions. There's talent there. Samo and Dow both good in the middle last week, both dropped.

Screenshot_20210510-074911_Samsung Internet.jpg

Have a look at the above.... where is all the experience. Can we please bring in some assistant coaches with experience at winning clubs.

Barker. Surely time to go. Been here forever. It's stale. Our stoppages are a joke.

Also on stoppages and rucking. I know Matt Kruzer is the ruck coach but he isn't listed above. Actual tap ruck work was never really his speciality. He's a great club man but it's a strange appointment. Think we need to look elsewhere for this one.

Big shake up needed in our assistants

View attachment 1123243

Have a look at the above.... where is all the experience. Can we please bring in some assistant coaches with experience at winning clubs.

Barker. Surely time to go. Been here forever. It's stale. Our stoppages are a joke.

Also on stoppages and rucking. I know Matt Kruzer is the ruck coach but he isn't listed above. Actual tap ruck work was never really his speciality. He's a great club man but it's a strange appointment. Think we need to look elsewhere for this one.

Big shake up needed in our assistants
It’s an alarming issue and not sure how it’s been allowed to continue like this for so many years without changes - shouldnt this fall on Brad Lloyd who’s in charge?

We need to beef this up considerably this off-season. I would like experienced at successful clubs.

Robert Harvey, Justin Leppitch, Scott Burns, Craig Macrae, Michael Voss, Chris Newman etc

We need a strategy/analysis assistant as well since Teague struggles in game. Richmond credited Caracalla as vastly important to their success for this type of role.

We also need to keep Eddie at the club imo as a development coach/welfare etc.

The only assistant coach that is actually doing ok is Amos. Our defenders are doing great considering that our mids fold like wet bog paper as soon as a bit of pressure hits them. When our midfield folds and doesn't apply defensive pressure... the the opposition just roll over the top of our midfield and the number of inside 50's goes through the roof. And thanks to our defense, we haven't been smashed with a massive loss yet.

As someone said in the autopsy thread... if someone puts a counter move on us, our midfield and stoppages coaches counter with stuff that the club has been doing for years. And if the opposition coaches are on the ball, they already know how we're going to respond.
Tbh I would get rid of Amos as well. He’s been serviceable but been here 5+ years. You need to rotate.
I also don’t like the fact that he coaches man on man defence rather than zone. I feel with a modern defensive system we would be so much better.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back