Opinion 2020 Draft #2: 1/9/22/23/40/80 (2021 + Melb 2nd, Haw 4th, Freo 4th)

Who will Adelaide select with pick 1?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

KEY DATES

Oct 30 – Nov 6: AFL Free Agency Period
November 4 – 12: AFL Trade Period
November 20: List Lodgment 1
November 27: List Lodgment 2
November 30: AFL Draft Nominations close
w/c December 7: NAB AFL Draft and Rookie Draft (exact date to be confirmed in due course)
Mid-December: Final List Lodgment & TPP estimates

As God is my witness, finding anything useful on the AFL.com.au site is practically impossible, may whoever designed it burn in hell.

I'm used to it mate.
I remember when I said years ago broadie Smith will %100 slide to us and was threaten with a ban by a mod for trolling.
Who is broadie Smith

Boy you're cooked.
I've compared him to a young tom Mitchell, which is a compliment.
Comparing him to any crouch is offensive.
Stop with your garbage.

Matt Crouch is an All Australian and Best and Fairest winner in a grand final year.

People would respect you more if you didn't feel compelled to constantly dribble

Stop with your garbage.

Matt Crouch is an All Australian and Best and Fairest winner in a grand final year.

People would respect you more if you didn't feel compelled to constantly dribble
It's actually getting sad, I feel sorry for him.

Haha ah what? Averages 30 disposal for his career, AA and best and fairest in a team that makes the GF, 37 touches in the GF, usually high up in the best and fairest. Yeah, how terrible to have a career like that before turning 25, might as well just not nominate for the draft if that’s all Powell will turn out to be!

Compared to Brad, I'd say Matt has overachieved.

Brad will be one of those players whose name comes up in the various "biggest waste of talent" threads on the main board in 10-15 years time

Compared to Brad, I'd say Matt has overachieved.

Brad will be one of those players whose name comes up in the various "biggest waste of talent" threads on the main board in 10-15 years time
Not all his own fault, but I do tend to agree unless his career takes a dramatic upturn after his move.

That, and he didn't seem to actually get that much of the ball.
He's hardly going to rack up big numbers with WA's top 3 midfield banana's Deven Robertson, Riley Garcia and Chad Warner sharing most of the on ball duties, and when he did play on the ball it looked to me like he was the designated defensive mid putting in the blocks and tackles.....of course when he wasn't playing across half back that is.

If we take McDonald at 1 and then move up to 5 to take Phillips that would be an excellent draft on our behalf.
The same could be said if we take Thilthorpe at 1 and move up to 5 to take Hollands if he's there or Philips.

We have pick 1, I'm happy with taking an of the 3
Can’t see us not taking at least 1x tall given our picks and given it’s outstanding quality and quantity of talls

I’d be happy with Phillips at 5 too
5 is a really interesting pick.

If we think there are a top 3 (excludingJUH), then one may slide out a couple of picks, so we could get a top 3 in our rankings at that pick.

But what is the realistic cost? GC don't need picks in the 2nd round or points, so why do they trade?

Can’t see us not taking at least 1x tall given our picks and given it’s outstanding quality and quantity of talls
Just remember the name Will Verrall for 2022 when we're talking athletic talls. And he's a Croweater.

5 is a really interesting pick.

If we think there are a top 3 (excludingJUH), then one may slide out a couple of picks, so we could get a top 3 in our rankings at that pick.

But what is the realistic cost? GC don't need picks in the 2nd round or points, so why do they trade?
Can’t see it happening , a 1% chance of having pick 5

Stop with your garbage.

It is attention seeking posts
Same every year
Just fortunate the poster came a bit late to the thread this year
Just treat it as entertainment
🤣

ADELAIDE
PICKS: 1, 9, 22, 23, 40, 80.
KEY DEFENDERS: Tom Doedee, Daniel Talia, Fischer McAsey, Jordon Butts.
SMALL/MEDIUM DEFENDERS: Rory Laird, Brodie Smith, Luke Brown, Mitch Hinge, Jake Kelly, Will Hamill, Andrew McPherson.
MIDFIELDERS: Rory Sloane, Matt Crouch, Lachlan Sholl, Wayne Milera, Harry Schoenberg, Ben Keays, Chayce Jones, David Mackay, Paul Seedsman, Lachie Gollant, Ronin O’Connor.
KEY FORWARDS: Tom Lynch, Taylor Walker, Elliot Himmelberg, Darcy Fogarty, Josh Worrell.
SMALL/MEDIUM FORWARDS: Shane McAdam, Ned McHenry, Lachie Murphy, Tyson Stengle, Ben Davis.
RUCKS: Reilly O’Brien, Billy Frampton, Kieran Strachan.

For the first time in the club's three-decade history, the Crows hold the trump card heading into the national draft after their first wooden-spoon season. The rebuild is on in earnest, and there are two key questions to be answered. First, will Adelaide force the Western Bulldogs' hand by bidding on Jamarra Ugle-Hagan and therefore bump the Crows' pick back to No.2? Either way there is the matter of who the Crows will actually end up selecting. Talls Logan McDonald and Riley Thilthorpe, along with the dynamic midfielder/forward Elijah Hollands are the three real options. The considerations don't end there though. At pick No.9, set to move back to at least No.10 because of a matched bid on Ugle-Hagan, Adelaide have been linked to bids for Braeden Campbell and Reef McInnes, while the likes of Finlay Macrae, Tanner Bruhn and Oliver Henry are all expected to fall around the range of the Crows' second pick. If the Crows want local midfielder Tom Powell it appears they will need to snap him up with their second pick, with other clubs lurking later in the first round. Adelaide have made it clear they are willing to part with one of their two picks in the 20s on draft night. Caleb Poulter, Liam Kolar and Luke Pedlar have all been linked to Adelaide in this range. James Borlase and Tariek Newchurch are both available to Adelaide as next generation academy players later in the draft. The Crows will snap up Jackson Hately in Thursday's pre-season draft.
I got the impression from Hamish's presser today we won't match on Borlase. Kept saying the family know where we sit,

Might be wait for pick 40 and see who is there v Borlase.

If we take McDonald at 1 and then move up to 5 to take Phillips that would be an excellent draft on our behalf.
The same could be said if we take Thilthorpe at 1 and move up to 5 to take Hollands if he's there or Philips.

We have pick 1, I'm happy with taking an of the 3
Not sure we'd be brave enough to take Phillips. He's the safe choice talent wise however word is he's not exactly keen to leave Victoria

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I got the impression from Hamish's presser today we won't match on Borlase. Kept saying the family know where we sit,

Might be wait for pick 40 and see who is there v Borlase.
I don't think we'll match before 35

If Adelaide take Hollands a lot will then depend on what Hawthorn do with 4, if they take Phillips it will be game on for Pick 5 & Thilthorpe, pick 9 & 2021 1st for 5 & GC 2021 1st

Adel - Hollands
NM - McDonald
Syd - DGB
Haw - Phillips

not sure on GC interest in Thilthorpe though, think they’ll be more interested in a tall back than a forward??? So at 9 could get Reid, Cox, Chapman ....

If Adelaide take Hollands a lot will then depend on what Hawthorn do with 4, if they take Phillips it will be game on for Pick 5 & Thilthorpe, pick 9 & 2021 1st for 5 & GC 2021 1st

Adel - Hollands
NM - McDonald
Syd - DGB
Haw - Phillips

not sure on GC interest in Thilthorpe though, think they’ll be more interested in a tall back than a forward??? So at 9 could get Reid, Cox, Chapman ....
hawks should be all over RT at 4 imo if we dont snap him up. Their keys are woeful as well as their ruck stock which Thilthorpe can improve both. Hawks also have the best medical team so they should get his groins right

You can see NOD being that hard working contested ball character pick that Ogilvie loves

I tend to think we need something else at moment
I was keen early for the same reasons .....but I agree, something else & prefer Pedlar TBH

hawks should be all over RT at 4 imo if we dont snap him up. Their keys are woeful as well as their ruck stock which Thilthorpe can improve both. Hawks also have the best medical team so they should get his groins right
Hawks may rate Cox better. More will be known early next week. Crows are only going Hollands if they believe they can get Thilthorpe on the slide.

this pic probably indicates Hollands more likely at 1. But slim chance McDonald. Pick 1 based on who slides the most and brings pick 9 into play.

16BD7950-528F-41A9-A7ED-764486AD7C7F.png

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back