Past #37: Kyron Hayden - delisted end '22 - 12 NM games/ 0 NM goals - thanks Ronny

Remove this Banner Ad

The kid is a real goer. I'm a believer.

Tarrant, Lukey Mac, McKay, Corr, Hayden & Perez would be my backline

And toss in Atley from the bench for the moment.

This backline may actually provide some drive off the backline which we have been missing for some time.

Couple lockdown types, then Tarrant and Corr intercept marking with some run out of the backline.

Footy is a territory battle these days and between an improved midfield and these blokes, we have a competitive shot.

Forwards can share the goals with some decent ball movement.

Which is why I want him in midfield.

Dumont for example is an extremely ordinary mature player. Runs hard sure but is slow and does very little damage.

I see no reason why a Thomas, Hayden, Bonar or whoever can't overtake so called senior players, it's not just against their own age group for spots.
Dumont may not be the most damaging player but his ability to get from contest to contest is unlike almost anyone else in the team. Those you have listed cannot play the midfield minutes he can hence why he is a lock in the 22.

Dumont may not be the most damaging player but his ability to get from contest to contest is unlike almost anyone else in the team. Those you have listed cannot play the midfield minutes he can hence why he is a lock in the 22.

Fair call but I think that is for the moment.

I like Dumont as tries so hard however I also think as our midfield (hopefully) gets better/fitter I think he will be put under pressure.

Fair call but I think that is for the moment.

I like Dumont as tries so hard however I also think as our midfield (hopefully) gets better/fitter I think he will be put under pressure.
Probably works both ways Froggy can teach them just how hard you must run both ways train hard and then harder again to succeed and challenge them to get better. I think Noble will be a massive fan of Froggy and the way he goes about his footy.

Probably works both ways Froggy can teach them just how hard you must run both ways train hard and then harder again to succeed and challenge them to get better. I think Noble will be a massive fan of Froggy and the way he goes about his footy.

He can still do that at training. Mate I think Dumont is best 22 and agree he is a fine example of hard work paying off, but I still see a limited player compared to others coming through.

As previous he may get better too so I'm certainly not criticizing him just looking at the list as a whole.

Wouldn’t mind him being trued as the defensive forward - would be a better option than Turner.
Would rather the next gen be given their chances and the backline we have Flynn , young and Bonar to get games into.
We have Atu for the defensive forward position. In saying that our forwards aren't afraid to tackle either.

Yeah but Hayden is probably the one that is best suited to that role and can hurt teams in so many different ways.
HF /mid is where we played him. A naturally attacking player.
I'd like to see a bit more of Bonar in defence, I know he looked more comfortable in the middle, but he barely had time to find his feet in defence.
I know nothing of young so will reserve my judgement

(Log in to remove this ad.)

HF /mid is where we played him. A naturally attacking player.
I'd like to see a bit more of Bonar in defence, I know he looked more comfortable in the middle, but he barely had time to find his feet in defence.
I know nothing of young so will reserve my judgement
I think Shaw played him back cos he wasn't satisfied with our attack off the backline.

Our backline certainly has more attacking potential now but all that aside I like the idea of being able to rotate all our players thru respective attacking, midfield and defensive positions. There are alot of similarities and also subtle differences among a bunch of our non KPP players. Hayden is almost exactly the same size as Cunners. Wouldn't look out of place at the centre bounce imo.

He could play as a defensive/attacking mid depending on the needs of the time. he can tag, but I'd rather see him play that run with and beat your opponent role that Jacobs was good at. The value of someone who can beat a player who would otherwise be tagged is alot higher than a straight up tagger imo. It doesn't just nullify an opposition strength, it turns it into a weakness.

I think Shaw played him back cos he wasn't satisfied with our attack off the backline.

Our backline certainly has more attacking potential now but all that aside I like the idea of being able to rotate all our players thru respective attacking, midfield and defensive positions. There are alot of similarities and also subtle differences among a bunch of our non KPP players. Hayden is almost exactly the same size as Cunners. Wouldn't look out of place at the centre bounce imo.

He could play as a defensive/attacking mid depending on the needs of the time. he can tag, but I'd rather see him play that run with and beat your opponent role that Jacobs was good at. The value of someone who can beat a player who would otherwise be tagged is alot higher than a straight up tagger imo. It doesn't just nullify an opposition strength, it turns it into a weakness.
Hey, I agree. Opposition players and players at training continually said he was tough man on man. Pretty sure Shawy saw that in him, certain Pendles did.
So far I think Bonar lacks that grunt, but that's not to say it isn't there.
WA have been multi skilling players for years, some can some can't.

I don’t think his body is ready for 21 - still needs some time and conditioning from what I’ve taken away from the commentary
Was fine to play seniors this year at Collingwood with varying results.
Agree he may need a little time but the conditioning as you put it was more from the lack of training time given his current hand injury.
I really expect him to push for best 22 next year if he's fit and ready to go from jan 6th.

Hayden is miles ahead of bonar in that race.

Seriously bonar looks like he doesn't know whats happening on field.

I must admit it's strange watching Bonar play.

It's like the game is being played with him an observer, not actually part of it. It's odd.

However he still has time being young and I really like his physical attributes.

That was too old in Logan's Run so it should be in our footy team too!!!

Wait, wasn't it 30? Pretty sure they're okay for a fair bit longer yet before having to seek Sanctuary with Peter Ustinov and his cats:cat::cat::cat: :cat::cat:

Anyways, go Hadron! Still one of my faves, and still hoping he can fill a little bit of the Ben Jacobs legacy role whenever he's not required for defensive or mid- colliding. He's pretty versatile and creative though, so I'm sure he'll be an asset wherever we play him. :zap::yellowheart:

Wait, wasn't it 30? Pretty sure they're okay for a fair bit longer yet before having to seek Sanctuary with Peter Ustinov and his cats:cat::cat::cat: :cat::cat:

Anyways, go Hadron! Still one of my faves, and still hoping he can fill a little bit of the Ben Jacobs legacy role whenever he's not required for defensive or mid- colliding. He's pretty versatile and creative though, so I'm sure he'll be an asset wherever we play him. :zap::yellowheart:
It was 30 in the show or the movie, can't remember but was 21 in the original book.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back