Everybody's random stuff

Remove this Banner Ad

I haven't been on Bigfooty in a while, but I know a few people here were familiar with my Mumsie Linda. I am very sorry to say that she died from her cancer this afternoon. Sucks so, so bad that I couldn't exchange text messages with her during Bounce. I'm gonna miss her so much.

Oh Kezz luv, that is awful. I'm so sorry for your loss, our mums are very special people and it will be so very tough for you for quite a while.

Be strong when you can, cry when you can't but just know that all of us here will be thinking of you and your family.

Take care xx

There is a Red Dwarf episode where Lester is holding a phone to his ear as he wants to buy something, has to wait too long so is transferred to the complaints section. He waits the rest of the episode to a reply. Today I have had a similar experience and I am writing this to calm down.

I need to transfer 600 US dollars to East Timor to pay for expenses for my dental charity

so I tried to do a Western Union Transfer at home. Bugger me it was difficult to get through the Western Union computer pages. If Brissie's defence was this good it would be described as virtually impervious. I got to the last bit where we have to pay and the bloody bank wouldn't let the payment go through!!!!!!!!!!

Only forty minutes wasted

Having contact with a human being usually works so I went down to the local Western Union branch and once again the bloody credit card/bank had issues. Now part of this bit may have been my problem because I did press a few wrong numbers but I have now found out that one of my credit cards has a certain savings limit which has no relation to the credit limit.

So I get onto the bank help line. Now a few years ago I found my pure and applied maths work books. I attempted every problem in Fitzpatrick's
text books twice. I was a real workaholic. It was my writing. It was obviously my work but I couldn't make head or tail of it. The bank credit card phone help line was similarly in a foreign language but they did say that if I walked into 292 Collins Street the people at the bank could sort the problem out. So in I went.

Didn't take a brolly and my jumper didn't have a hoodie so did it rain?

Presented at the branch and what do you think they said? "Yes not a problem", or "Sorry you have to ring the number on the back of the card: we can't help you".

So I walked home. Still raining but I decided to ring complaints on the way down Collins street and I was on hold all the way to the Dockland Esplanade when the complaints section came on line and told me the people at the branch only had to ring up and the problem could have been sorted.

I get home, put on dry clothes and ring1800 035 383, that magical number on the back of the card. Waited half a hour(was promised ten to fourteen minutes when I first rang] and finally I have a random number but I want my old one back so I ring and wait, another half an hour, only to have my phone not respond. Press 3 for XYZ and when I press 3 nothing happens!!!!

So I ring up and some lady suggests that I can change my pin number at an ATM or at a branch since my phone isn't working. Probably got too wet in the rain. I could walk back to 292 Collins Street and the sun is shinning but I think I will be like Mulga Bill from Eaglehawk and give today a rest.

Soooo anyone collecting and trading Ooshies?
Yer my 10 year old granddaughter is, she was showing them to me the other day, only has a handful or so to go to get the full set.

The little darlin has mum, dad, grandma modifying their shopping habits in her Ooshie quest.

Yer my 10 year old granddaughter is, she was showing them to me the other day, only has a handful or so to go to get the full set.

The little darlin has mum, dad, grandma modifying their shopping habits in her Ooshie quest.
lol same with my nephew. Except now all the Woolworths near my sister (Eagleby) and myself are now out.

lol same with my nephew. Except now all the Woolworths near my sister (Eagleby) and myself are now out.

Yeah they are out everywhere now. They have ended the promotion early due to underestimated demand.

Yeah they are out everywhere now. They have ended the promotion early due to underestimated demand.
Still some random stores with stock. There’s a big Facebook group, where info gets posted.

Closest one is Wynnum West. But I vowed never to step foot in Wynnum West when I transferred away from my job there many years ago.

Curious how people deal with their annoying neighbours. I have had enough of hearing the sub woofer bass from the neighbours surround sound system for tv/music.

Live in a house, no shared walls with reasonable separation. Therefore I expect we can all go about our business without causing excessive disturbance.

I was reasonably polite the first time I asked for them to tone things down, having put up with music until 2.45am.

More recently it was a terse ‘shut your tv up, I am sick of hearing your s**t’.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Have you been in touch with council? I'm sure there are rules regarding that sort of thing. If no action, ring the police, although that could stir things up a bit. It certainly is a tricky situation. All depends on your relationship with said neighbours.

When our neighbours were in the late teens, they'd have a few mates around but noise stopped usually about midnight. The only time Mr MM had to climb up on the fence was about 8yrs ago, parents were away and teen and ONE mate sat outside just strumming their guitars...nothing musical, mind....just monotenous stuff over and over. It got very annoying by 3a.m. as it was pretty much the other side of fence near our window. In our case, lads were very apologetic. They had no idea of the time (suspect they had been doing some "smoking" and weren't quite with it)

Good luck, let us know how you go with it............or you could just sell up but hope it doesn't get to that stage though.

Last edited:
Curious how people deal with their annoying neighbours. I have had enough of hearing the sub woofer bass from the neighbours surround sound system for tv/music.

Live in a house, no shared walls with reasonable separation. Therefore I expect we can all go about our business without causing excessive disturbance.

I was reasonably polite the first time I asked for them to tone things down, having put up with music until 2.45am.

More recently it was a terse ‘shut your tv up, I am sick of hearing your sh*t’.
Any current covid restrictions where you in terms of number of people in a property?

Weddings.

Just...weddings.

We've got people who insist on being seated no where near other people. We have my Dad insisting on inviting my uncle (NO, I am not inviting the uncle who assaulted me when I was 16) and having to somehow get around that. We have biological relatives who might be a bit miffed that Dad (who technically isn't my father) is walking me down the aisle. We have family who want a more conservative wedding (it's on Halloween. If people don't wear costumes I will flip).

We really should have eloped. Unfortunately deposits have been made and there are a lot of people I do want there.

So wonderful to hear you are getting married luv, congratulations!:twohearts:

Organising weddings never changes.....impossible to please everyone so get right back to basics and remember it is your wedding. All you can do is be mindful of a few of the issues and do your best but dont get in a pickle about it or let it take over your big day..

..you may need to remind some people of that at some stage but hopefully it wont get to that.

It will all fall in to place and will be a day to treasure:)

it is your wedding.

That was our approach. A whole lot of people who assumed they'd get invited didn't (mainly family) because, realistically, they tended to be arseholes/snobs/not very nice. It took some of them a good decade to get over it, but given we live in Sydney and none of them bother visiting anyway (it was always us heading up to Qld) it wasn't a great loss.

That was our approach. A whole lot of people who assumed they'd get invited didn't (mainly family) because, realistically, they tended to be arseholes/snobs/not very nice. It took some of them a good decade to get over it, but given we live in Sydney and none of them bother visiting anyway (it was always us heading up to Qld) it wasn't a great loss.
Likewise, we did the same. Once you move beyond the idea that you "have to" do things a certain way, it makes things so much less stressful.

Full time work + TAFE until 9pm = Not a Good Idea.

I am exhausted. And the schedule is stupid too. Monday and Thursday night one week, zero TAFE the next week, rinse, wash, repeat.

Cert 4 in Training and Assessment for those who are curious.

Post will probably get deleted, but a great video by one of my friends on the myths about transgender people in sports.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back