Andrew Fagan to resign as CEO -> new CEO search

Rate Fagan’s tenure

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

I doubt there's many people who've been supporting clubs who've had big off-field issues who are than enamoured with the higher ups who were there during it.

Nor should there be

Very little shits me more than useless campaigners failing upwards

Our very own Stephen Trigg is a prime example

I would hazard a guess that the only reason Rooch is pushing Campbell is because of his belief we won't hire anyone who isn't from or hasn't spent time in the SA football landscape. So he sees the 62 games he played for Sturt, current CEO, it all falls into place perfectly to make an educated guess.

Rooch said one of the first things that Olsen did when he came on was organise a review and audit of the board and management structure by KPMG, which was completed in mid-January. Less than 2 weeks later and Fagan is resigning.

Would be interesting to see what that review said, though that won't ever be made public.

Except as per my post I’ve said what I like is the fact he’s making football a priority, he’s removed the non-football ceo and he speaks with clarity, not waffle like Chapman.

Unlike you I never made a decision on him one way or another when he was appointed, my view was to give him a chance unlike you whose view from day 1 was he no good. It can’t be that he did a good job for the SANFL because that is not rationale, you don’t prejudge some badly because he was good at his previous job, unless of course he’s not from your political lines. You have him screwing us, kick backs to the SANFL before anything has actually happened.

As for Pyne, yuk, there thats proof my opinion is not based on my political leanings.

Further to having more ties with the SANFL, I don’t mind it. Our club was born from the SANFL. I posted months back that we should be drawing on that history to enhance our identity given we are a young club. New players coming to the club should know that’s our heritage so they understand where we come from much like a club like port who can draw on their own heritage.
As long as ties doesn’t mean financial anchor around our neck . We need to remember that we are competing nationally for $ which, despite the salary caps, still goes a long way to sustained onfield performance. We should be one of the strongest teams financially and instead we are back in the pack because we carry a local competition. I love the sanfl but don’t want us to loose site of the main goal for AFC .

As long as ties doesn’t mean financial anchor around our neck . We need to remember that we are competing nationally for $ which, despite the salary caps, still goes a long way to sustained onfield performance. We should be one of the strongest teams financially and instead we are back in the pack because we carry a local competition. I love the sanfl but don’t want us to loose site of the main goal for AFC .
Is there some evidence for this? We are paying for our license (we didn't own it, so whoever did we would get this fee) and are paying the SANFL comp fees (which is a rip only because Port pay nothing).

I doubt this is stopping us having megamillions like Hawthorn and the Eagles.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Is there some evidence for this? We are paying for our license (we didn't own it, so whoever did we would get this fee) and are paying the SANFL comp fees (which is a rip only because Port pay nothing).
I don’t know but it’s definitely something that we have to deal with that others don’t that does put us at a disadvantage.would be interesting to know our $ obligations to local comp compared to others but I suspect ours is far higher.
I doubt this is stopping us having megamillions like Hawthorn and the Eagles.

Would be nice if we could recruit someone proven at the national level.
Vozzo is a bit of a risk in that regard given he's never been a CEO, Parkinson has and he's overseen a lot of change in the SANFL in his time.

I'm sure there's others in the mix, but if we go anywhere near Xavier Campbell we need shooting

Back