Preview 2021 Internal Trial: Crow v Crow, 20/2/21 10.30am ACDT

Who will win this game?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

What are we gonna do with Sloaney?..

He’s been better this quarter.. but there’s far more exciting prospects really nipping at his heels.. and sloaney’s only gonna get slower whilst they all get better.

His 5 year big money deal is a bit painful to look at right now..
Probably saving himself I hope. He's not playing for a round 1 spot.

Why is his role limited? Lots of natural talent there, good overhead mark, good set shot and has good positioning up forward. Despite questions of his stoppage work, he had some very nice centre clearances last season and had a game where he was our leading clearance player. Has also shown an ability to stick tackles. Why can’t he be our version of the Toby Greene role?
I hope so.

Just can't see it now.

Also see we have 6 better developing more natural midfield prospects I would rather put time into

Milera
Schoenberg
McHenry
Pedlar
Berry
Hately

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

He seriously does look like he has lost weight .....he says every year he's lost kg's, but I never see any difference .....today I did

Himmelberg is a serious player :cool:
First year in a long time there is genuine pressure on his position from younger players. He shaped up.

RT
Hberg
Fog
Frampton

Plus Tex.

Doubt we can play more than three of these Idealky two.

Lynch will also play, but shouldn't.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

IMO the two locks for the forward line are Thilthorpe and Fogarty. Both should be picked on talent and given a license to flourish.

The third tall can be picked on form, whoever is best at the time which going on today would be Tex

IMO the two locks for the forward line are Thilthorpe and Fogarty. Both should be picked on talent and given a license to flourish.

The third tall can be picked on form, whoever is best at the time which going on today would be Tex
I'd be relatively happy with that, but who plays 2nd ruck ?? Stanley normally slaughters ROB which is unusual given he's rubbish.

I'm pretty sure neither Pedlar or Berry would have been available to us at the picks we secured them with if firstly Pedlar hadn't got injured early in the season after starring for the Bays U18's the few games he played early on his aggressive contested style would have been too obvious to all club recruiters and Berry no doubt would have been Gippy Power's no.1 midfielder and a starting midfielder for Vic Country had the NAB League gone ahead and would have no doubt featured strongly.

Of the more "mature" youngsters on what Worrell and Neddy showed that should have calmed their naysayers. McAsey will need to lift.
Who would pedlar have been above in the draft in your opinion if he could have stayed fit?. We took him at 11 and with essendon going for talls and the top 5 fairly well settled there was not a lot of room left before pick 11 (and 2 of tge picks were also top academy kids). But really it is a moot point now as we have him and wow he looks like he will become a very handy player

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah the five year deal was expensive but at the time a real morale booster to hold onto a favorite player when others were leaving. I’m happy to have spent the coin
Yeah. These exciting young guys need experienced players to learn from. Sloane will be invaluable in that role.

Who would pedlar have been above in the draft in your opinion if he could have stayed fit?. We took him at 11 and with essendon going for talls and the top 5 fairly well settled there was not a lot of room left before pick 11 (and 2 of tge picks were also top academy kids). But really it is a moot point now as we have him and wow he looks like he will become a very handy player
Put it this way I think Pedlar with his aerial talent and goal sense is likely to be a better footballer than Will Phillips IMO who went higher, I guess it then comes down to clubs wanting talls or mid/forwards but I was never sold on Zach Reid as a top 10 talent, time will tell.

Thilthorpe can ruck can't he?
I wouldn't want him in there, but he can.

Personally if we get 2 more games like today out of Frampton he can play 3rd tall.

Fogarty in particular would need a big game against the Powa to be selected before Tex or Tex have a poor game against Powa.

And why the rush with Thilthorpe given his late start to the pre-season and the need to manage his groins at this point?

Fogarty in particular would need a big game against the Powa to be selected before Tex or Tex have a poor game against Powa.

And why the rush with Thilthorpe given his late start to the pre-season and the need to manage his groins at this point?
This is assuming everyone is fit to play.

Right now, as much as I wasn't advocating for this last year, I'd actually play both Tex and Fog. Provided Tex continues to look somewhat athletic

Yep.. frampton and walker were our two best talls
Based off today I would say Himmelberg, Walker and Thilthorpe will be starting round 1.
I wouldn't get carried away with Frampton's performance which was against ourself. He showed similar form last preseason. From the limited time I watched, Fogarty didn't do a great deal which is somewhat concerning. Thilthorpe looks a natural. If he is fit he plays. Himmelberg is a walk up starter and Walker did enough to hold his spot.

Last edited:

I doubt Fogarty is a lock. If today's performance is anything to go by, then he's 5th in line behind Tex, Berg, Frampton, and Thilthorpe... and he's a very distant 5th at that. What we saw today was a continuation of the under-performance he's shown in the last 2 years. If anything his was one of the more discouraging performances, in what was a game where many of the youngsters gave us reason to be optimistic for the future.

Probably Hamill was my only disappointment.

I still really like the lad, but he did almost nothing today.

He's missing his hair, like Samson.
I didn't know who he was for most of the match: there was only a single occasion when he showed some dash and I finally recognised him.

Get that hair growing! ;)

Back