Game Day Round 2 - The Footscray Midfielders Academy vs West Coast - Sunday March 28, 12:20PM @ Marvel Stadium

Remove this Banner Ad

He should have slapped the ball to them instead of going for the mark

Na disagree, Ryan has to go for the mark. It's on Allen and Cripps to sort it out at ground level. How they get beaten by the Dogs who was in the marking contest is beyond me. That's should be Cripps bread and butter, crumbing to a fwd going for a mark

With the new rule, I didnt think I would see a smother on the mark ever again. So for Cripps to get smothered on a set shot, 15m out is a disgrace and cost us that match. Bulldogs would not have come back from that lead if he had got the goal.

You say unlucky. I say not skilled enough. The last few years have shown we dont have the quality to close out these tight games, and it costs us come finals time.
As much as im angry and I’m pissed off, this is stupidest comment I’ve seen on big footy😂

Im not blaming our blokes, they fought damn hard. fu** the campaignering side that doesnt even handpass the ball correctly.

Yeah I agree......the amount of throws by the bulldogs is amazing...they have a unique ability to flick the ball without giving away the free kick

must be good coaching that they can get away with it

(Log in to remove this ad.)

* it!!!
Very Angry GIFs | Tenor

Goddamn it. We should have won that and it'll probably come back to haunt us. But man, that was such a fantastic game I can't even get too mad. That last quarter looked like a final, and it was probably a preview of one. We'll get the bastards next time.

Cripps makes a lot of mistakes for a veteran. Into the man on the mark unforgivable in AFL.

We should have won that by taking chances early in the quarter.
Unfortunately he has never been the same after returning back to AFL from parental leave last year

Small moments that we stuffed up. Cripps set shot. Ryan, Allen and Cripps stuff up a 3 on 1. Ah well Shuey to come back and the Messiah Yeo. That is pretty much Bulldog's ceiling in terms of personnel we have a few handy players on the sidelines. Always annoying when it's a close loss.
Why do Eagles have so many more injuries than other top teams like Port, Bulldogs and Richmond? It's only rd 2 ffs....

This Cripps abuse is downright embarrassing.

We’re better than this, guys. You CANNOT put the result of a football game down to one single moment.

Alright then.

He fumbled the ball, shirked numerous contests, allowed his man to run off him and had 0 impact on the general play for the entirety of the game bar one good tackle.

He is then gifted a moment to actually contribute, a set shot that any Auskicker could drill, and he *s its up.

Just like last week, he's not mentally engaged in the game, and appears to be looking for the cheap gimme goal without wanting to do any of the work.

So yes, he's to blame, he's been s**t this season and needs a kick up the arse.

Why do Eagles have so many more injuries than other top teams like Port, Bulldogs and Richmond? It's only rd 2 ffs....
Ive been sus as * about Richmond magical rise in ability to sustain intensity and pressure from 2017. Came out of nowhere with the same playing group from the years before.

You say unlucky. I say not skilled enough. The last few years have shown we dont have the quality to close out these tight games, and it costs us come finals time.

We are nearly men. We should have pinched this today but a few simple mistakes cost us. We always fall short since 2018 and tried our hardest to lose that in the last quarter.

When you play a clinical game style, you need to be clinical. The big men are amazing and they are clinical. You can trust Kennedy and Darling.

The little guys aren’t. Ryan is brilliant but misses regularly, Langdon loses contests he should win and Cripps constantly makes stupid mistakes. Jones was clinical and doesn’t seem to mess up. He looks promising.

We need to start taking chances as that is the constant theme of the last few seasons. We are a great team but lose a lot of close ones that cost us top 2 in 2019 (Collingwood & Richmond) and top 4 in 2020 (Bulldogs).

We have the players and the skill. Not always the delivery.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back