Trades Round 4 Trades

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Early thought are a Jordan tritrade.
Out Jordan Degoey and Jordan Clark.
In Jordan Ridley and Chapman.
Laird swings midfield via Clark and Dunks goes forward.
Also shifts Sharp to mid bench..
Degoey is pissing me off! and to afford Ridley, Clark goes with him.
It’s not ideal but where my heads at atm.

Your taking a risk on clark to chapman if your expecting to field him over clark.
But JDG to ridley far out weighs the risk of the previous trade.
I reckon it works well.

Looking at making 1 trade.. Currently have $119k in the bank and all the 'must have' rookies

H.Young -> Chapman and build the bank $

fwiw, I also have Kosi & Highmore in defence with questionable JS, so not sure if I should add Chapman as well?

Or do I go H.Young -> Jiath and be left with about $60k

:think:

Thoughts? Unsure what to do. Could trade Neale to an in form premo or hold and pray he picks it up.

Could trade Sharp or Kosi to Chapman.

The other option is to hold. Bit lost on what to do this week tbh.

Screenshot_20210407-123105_Samsung Internet.jpg
Screenshot_20210407-123138_Samsung Internet.jpg

I am thinking of cutting losses with Neale and Dow..
what are your guys thoughts on

Neale to Sloane (Adelaide got a softish 3 weeks coming up?)

Dow to Impey

leaves me ~60k in the bank for a d8 upgrade in a couple rounds

Also following on from Bollox's great post

This is my 2014 summary, which was my career year to date

Screenshot_20210316-223129_SuperCoach.jpg
Screenshot_20210316-223135_SuperCoach.jpg

Did not have a week of no trades until round 15, saving myself only 3 trades for injuries the last 8 weeks. Of the 13 rounds I could trade before that week, 11 rounds I used max trades, saving 1 trade in round 4 and 1 trade in round 8 which was the first bye round.

Trading aggressively helped my rank to heights I never reached before, but my team peaked far too early as seen after round 14, I had a top 200 side, but not a contender. I just couldn't match it any more with the better teams as a consequence of going too hard too early and probably losing a couple hundred thousand in team value from cutting rookies too early. F5-6 and M7-8 were subpremo types, so I was missing out on 50-100 points weekly (didn't have Robbie Gray for example which was a forwardline killer and my main nondecision howler)

This year I've had a great start and am about 4 weeks better off to where I was in 2014, but like Bollox has said in eating your own, I need to be careful the next few weeks in preserving trades and only making the right trades at the right time. I think about round 7 is the right time to start upgrade season, but I guess if you've nailed your team or a heap of rookies still need to moo, perhaps round 8 or 9 could work too.

Kosi, Highmore, Campbell, Sharp, Rowe and Brockman are the types of rookies I'd historically lose patience with and dump too early, but out of those 6, the only one I'm desperate to come good is Highmore, I can carry the others for now.

Looking at making 1 trade.. Currently have $119k in the bank and all the 'must have' rookies

fwiw, I also have Kosi & Highmore in defence with questionable JS, so not sure if I should add Chapman as well?

Young to CJ looks good .
Soild JS you won't have to worry .
And he's good to watch hes got some wheels.

Ok so Sharp > Chapman is a lock!

Tempted to trade Jelly > Ridley via Laird as the devil JM on my left shoulder keeps telling me to.

Angel JM on my right shoulder keeps saying to me "give Jelly one more chance, he's playing the Pies and Coniglio and De Boer are dead so he will be in the guts!"

5 trades down and trading like a boss, no f@rks given...

View attachment 1095728

FFS campaigner Ridley isnt going to average 130 all year. He will have a bad game and drop a little in price.

Jelly is about to go nuts. Leon has no one left to save his job.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm definitely going Sharp > Chapman

Tempted to go Ridley but I guess I should give that campaigner Jelly yet another chance.

He's on his last chance though. Has to score 130 + and be playing in the guts to make me happy.

Kelly won't score 130 hiding in a forward pocket. And that's where he will stay because of this idiot:

1617763916452.png
It's Kosi v Tim O'Brien.

They know what TOB can bring to the table - not playing him is never going to lose them a game. Reckon he'll be given at least another week before they look to make a change.

Nah, I think it is more likely Ceglar or Tim O'Brien. Ceglar's last couple of games have been pretty ordinary and he offers next to nothing up forward. ZERO marks this week. Only issue is Clarko seems to like the two rucks set-up, but if it were me I'd be bringing in O'Brien and dropping Ceglar.

At least O'Brien will compete in the air and get it to ground for the likes of Breust, Wingard, Moore and Brockman to rove.

On Kossie and Brockman, they just looked a bit overawed on Monday. Brocky at least got to the right spots, just had one of those fumbly days. Kossie, seemed to get better as the game went on and our ball movement and forward structure improved. Hopefully they persist with them both for a few more weeks at least.

Hopefully Downie can also get a run instead of one of our inside mids as we need more run and better foot skills. Howe or even Worpel (hopelessly out of form) to make way.

Campbell, McNeil, Scott?

Dunno, TBH. I started the four you did plus Campbell & Scott.

I simply don’t trust that sh*t campaigner Cameron. Killed Hately. Killed Tom Green. The list goes on.

Killing Jelly too the campaigner....

Freo campaigners might disagree, but I reckon Chapman is OK in the medium term. Houng is out for a while and they have other injuries. He's best thought of a starting rookie in that he will be traded out for profit or upgraded in 8-10 weeks hopefully. Reckon he's a good chance to last that long, if he performs.

FFS campaigner Ridley isnt going to average 130 all year. He will have a bad game and drop a little in price.

Jelly is about to go nuts. Loen has no one left to save his job.
Jelly to Ridley trade is too sideway for me too.

But on Ridley himself...
Maybe not 130 year avg, but should be able to go 110 per remaining games.
Do the Bombers have anyone else that can come in and take over kick-in duties?
He's currently taking almost all their kick-ins and is expected to continue - so a lock for me :padlock:

Screen Shot 2021-04-07 at 1.00.53 pm.png
Screen Shot 2021-04-07 at 1.00.39 pm.png

Hello fellow campaigners!

Chapman in for my non playing rook Wehr was a no brainer.

The 2nd trade is proving difficult.

Option 1:

Kosi > Jiath

Option 2:

Brockman > Impey/Tex

Option 3:

Bruhn > ?

Kindly provide your 2c

Jelly to Ridley trade is too sideway for me too.

But on Ridley himself...
Maybe not 130 year avg, but should be able to go 110 per remaining games.
Do the Bombers have anyone else that can come in and take over kick-in duties?
He's currently taking almost all their kick-ins and is expected to continue - so a lock for me :padlock:

I'm not sure how it's sideways though when one player is easily going to finish in the top 6 defenders and the other player doesn't look like finishing in the top 10 mids.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back