Trades Round 4 Trades

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have Sharp. Don’t have, and never have had, any of the others in that list.
That's good i guess you aren't apart of the most. But most gnr teams would. Not defending my team, it's bad but it would look a lot better simply by doing 2 trades last week that i ended up not doing. Hindsight.

In saying that most the issues come from the last minute decisions i made before round 1. Like spending 576k on Ryan over Ridley or starting Danger over Dusty and Neale over Steele/Oliver which would of given me Impey over a Brockman.

I rate Ridley, but I dunno if I'd be sacrificing Kelly for him at this stage. With Coniglio out he'll likely spend more time at the stoppages, and will have some dominant patches still. GWS being rubbish isn't helping though.

Chapman is a must buy this week given the paucity of quality rookie defenders.
Don’t stress.

Ridley will score 67 this week, Jelly 143 and he‘ll trade Ridley to Jelly next week

D9FBCA7D-A32C-4DB6-A3E7-F2E7014F8681.gif

I agree to an extent. Most teams would have those players listed above, excluding Macrae
Don't think most teams would have Bruhn or Dow.

Wonder if GWS's injuries will help Bruhn's case, though.

Don't think most teams would have Bruhn or Dow.

Wonder if GWS's injuries will help Bruhn's case, though.
Dow is in 38% of teams but that would of been more at R1 and Bruhn is in 25% which is decent for a rookie that hasn't stepped onto the field for me.

But yes Bruhn either plays a few games as a slow burn or becomes a Waterman and regarding Macrae he has impressed at every opportunity possible. Fingers crossed he gets his chance soon.

I rate Ridley, but I dunno if I'd be sacrificing Kelly for him at this stage. With Coniglio out he'll likely spend more time at the stoppages, and will have some dominant patches still. GWS being rubbish isn't helping though.

Chapman is a must buy this week given the paucity of quality rookie defenders.

I'm definitely going Sharp > Chapman

Tempted to go Ridley but I guess I should give that campaigner Jelly yet another chance.

He's on his last chance though. Has to score 130 + and be playing in the guts to make me happy.

Reckon Dow's a good chance to be dropped this weekend. Was horrible v Freo, and we've got Setterfield and potentially Stocker to bring in.

No idea why you'd still have him in your team, but if there aren't enough reason's him not playing has to be the circuit breaker.

Reckon they'll keep Kosi in the team.

Was unlucky in the last quarter to not be paid a mark, and I believe it was him who laid the tackle in the last that knocked the ball out in front of goal? Work rate and pressure were there, just didn't get rewarded.
He was bloody hopeless
If they have any possible replacement he's out

Dow is in 38% of teams but that would of been more at R1 and Bruhn is in 25% which is decent for a rookie that hasn't stepped onto the field for me.

I think you have missed Cactus' point - it doesn't matter how many teams have these rookies - you still need to maximise cash gen and these rooks aren't cutting it.

I have 3 of the 6 and 1 goes this week.

But yes Bruhn either plays a few games as a slow burn or becomes a Waterman and regarding Macrae he has impressed at every opportunity possible. Fingers crossed he gets his chance soon.
Bruhn 14th most popular rookie FWIW

It's Kosi v Tim O'Brien.

They know what TOB can bring to the table - not playing him is never going to lose them a game. Reckon he'll be given at least another week before they look to make a change.
I just love that 63.3% of teams own him

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think you have missed Cactus' point - it doesn't matter how many teams have these rookies - you still need to maximise cash gen and these rooks aren't cutting it.

I have 3 of the 6 and 1 goes this week.
No i got his point, but it's not like there's any primed rookies that would be immediate improvements. No reason to go early on Waterman or Parks when we don't know for sure that they'll get to their third game.

Outside of Impey, who i believe i've missed the boat on, who exactly am i missing? besides Chapman, which i agreed with Cactus that i would most likely be bringing him in this week.

Not sure what I’ll do this week.

Considering bringing in Chapman for Fullarton and Baby John for Clark.

Also considering skipping Chapman and bringing in Burgess and Impey (he and Butters were in my preseason team but both made way on the opening weekend).

I’ve got 125k in the kitty. Any suggestions or thoughts.

2A6578D1-E7E3-4B3B-91C0-676485AE2425.jpeg 01A8C01D-F93D-43E7-9A91-D5D85CCA1217.jpeg FE639155-3F2F-44C3-8309-61C35F391CF1.jpeg

Bruhn 14th most popular rookie FWIW
Let's say he plays this week, i know its not a given, but still. Who else was there? I started Powell, Jordan, Gulden and Berry (off WaynesWorld19 advice). I wouldn't say Lazzaro is any better. Maybe McNeil is but if we go back in time, we didn't expect him to still be getting games. Only one i can think of is Giro, but i don't know anyone who started him.

No i got his point, but it's not like there's any primed rookies that would be immediate improvements. No reason to go early on Waterman or Parks when we don't know for sure that they'll get to their third game.

Outside of Impey, who i believe i've missed the boat on, who exactly am i missing? besides Chapman, which i agreed with Cactus that i would most likely be bringing him in this week.

Impey's still only 280k, and hit 100's the past couple at weeks. At worst he's got to generate some decent cash over the next few weeks, at best he's going to go on the average 95+ and be a keeper in the forwardline at F6.

Swallow my pride a bit, because I was actively campaigning against him, but he's playing the perfect role behind the ball.

I hate making corrective (MPP) sideways trades, but there's minimal risk on bring him in IMO.

Youi don't own Kosi uncle Jisk?
Of course not. Clarko said he wasn’t even on the radar for round 1 but was forced to pick him due to his bag of goals in preseason. Wasn’t going to do that in the real stuff & figured coach knows his players best.

Also started with Laird, Stewart, May, Jiath, Clark, Young so only two rookie spots (Highmore & Sharp)

great work so far man. if you can avoid doing trades its always a good thing. clark or duggan is a good question and personally id be moving both on but if you dont have the need then sit tight and reap the benefits down the track.
Cheers mate! How's your team going? Any trades this week?

Think I'll hold both of Duggan and HClarke and do aggressive trades of Campbell-Waterman and JClark-Ridley. Probably a tad early $$$ wise but I want the Riddler asap!

Let's say he plays this week, i know its not a given, but still. Who else was there? I started Powell, Jordan, Gulden and Berry (off WaynesWorld19 advice). I wouldn't say Lazzaro is any better. Maybe McNeil is but if we go back in time, we didn't expect him to still be getting games. Only one i can think of is Giro, but i don't know anyone who started him.
Berry playing North this week

Campbell, McNeil, Scott?

Dunno, TBH. I started the four you did plus Campbell & Scott.

I simply don’t trust that shit campaigner Cameron. Killed Hately. Killed Tom Green. The list goes on.

Of course not. Clarko said he wasn’t even on the radar for round 1 but was forced to pick him due to his bag of goals in preseason. Wasn’t going to do that in the real stuff & figured coach knows his players best.

Also started with Laird, Stewart, May, Jiath, Clark, Young so only two rookie spots (Highmore & Sharp)
The resurgence of Sloane may be hurting Laird at the moment? Still scoring ok.

Impey's still only 280k, and hit 100's the past couple at weeks. At worst he's got to generate some decent cash over the next few weeks, at best he's going to go on the average 95+ and be a keeper in the forwardline at F6.

Swallow my pride a bit, because I was actively campaigning against him, but he's playing the perfect role behind the ball.

I hate making corrective (MPP) sideways trades, but there's minimal risk on bring him in IMO.
Problem is i could straight swap Dow to Impey last week (had it locked most the week but changed my mind) now i can't. There's nothing i could do to generate enough cash to go Dow to Impey unless i moved on Clark. I'm not sure Impey is worth it at the expense of someone who i thought would be a keeper. I'd also miss out on Chapman too.

Not sure what I’ll do this week.

Considering bringing in Chapman for Fullarton and Baby John for Clark.

Also considering skipping Chapman and bringing in Burgess and Impey (he and Butters were in my preseason team but both made way on the opening weekend).

I’ve got 125k in the kitty. Any suggestions or thoughts.

View attachment 1095577View attachment 1095578View attachment 1095579

Getting rid of Clark is wasted trade right now. 24 BE and the Higgins injury + his late play bought him another few weeks in the Geelong best 22.

He's still scratching the surface as a player and averaging 72. I think he's got a couple big scores in him if he can get a bit more of the ball like he did in the preseason game.

All these people are very silly trading out players with money to be made..

silly.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back