Sholl Laird Seedsman
McAdam Walker Hately/Pedlar
Rowe Himmelberg Murphy

ROB Schoenberg Keays

Kelly Fogarty Berry Worrell

Sub: Hately/Pedlar

Main players we need to contain:
Cerra Brayshaw Mundy Cox Fyfe Walters Darcy Taberner
Himmelberg is worse than Frampton. Hes also playing s**t. If we drop Billy then Fog can be an extra mid and ruck when ROB needs a rest

From several other posters' observations, consensus is that Himmelberg looks disenchanted/disinterested, maybe sulking.

All the more reason to leave him in the SANFL until he learns to produce his best for the Club and for his own development.
Rewarding his disinterest with a place in the AFL sends the wrong message and reminds me of Jenkins' sulking publicly after being dropped. Maybe someone needs to point out to Himmelberg what happened to Jenkins?
I didn’t get that impression at all. He did a few nice things on Saturday. He is clearly at a level above Sanfl skill wise but needs to do a bit more. Having said that I have no doubt he would offer more than Frampton at the moment.

the question is whether you replace Frampton with himm or go in another direction

Himmelberg is worse than Frampton. Hes also playing sh*t. If we drop Billy then Fog can be an extra mid and ruck when ROB needs a rest
On what evidence are you basing this.

Himmelberg showed way more than frampton has at AFL level. I think most of us thought Himmelberg had earant hus starting 22 spot but for some reason the coaches have gone with frampton this year and now they’re being shown they made the wrong choice. No way Himmelberg would have performed worse than frampton the past few games.

Himmelberg is immensely frustrating.

Jenkins leaves and he has all the opportunity in the league to make the position his. Comes back in average condition despite Frampton coming to the club. Neither push the club forward.

This year he has even more pressure with Thilthorpe being drafted. Doesnt add any size or definition like many others in the preseason. Frampton puts in the work and takes his chance. Himmelberg looks like he's having the sooks in his first SANFL hit out.

Wasting his talent and career. Doesn't want it enough unfortunately.

I realise he won't play, but those Pedlar highlights from the SANFL have a Daniel Kerr feel about them

Himmelberg is worse than Frampton. Hes also playing sh*t. If we drop Billy then Fog can be an extra mid and ruck when ROB needs a rest
No that's incorrect. Himmelberg is the better player as he has better skills, is a better contested mark and is also a better backup ruck. I think he is a better kick for goal although both are not great.

I'm not sure of the reasoning for Himmelberg being out of favour after playing very well for half a season last year but it seems strange that they would drop him during preseason and obviously runs on the board only applies to certain players. I know that Himmelberg would nett us more in a trade than Frampton who would have no trade value whatsoever.

I would presume whoever signed Frampton up on that stupid contract most likely was the one pushing for his inclusion in the team.

Last edited:
Any news about McAdam's injury?
From the Crows website:
Forward Shane McAdam suffered a sternoclavicular joint sprain in Sunday’s win over North Melbourne and will be monitored at training this week, as will Brodie Smith who had his left knee assessed during the third quarter but was able to play out the game.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Himmelberg is immensely frustrating.

Jenkins leaves and he has all the opportunity in the league to make the position his. Comes back in average condition despite Frampton coming to the club. Neither push the club forward.

This year he has even more pressure with Thilthorpe being drafted. Doesnt add any size or definition like many others in the preseason. Frampton puts in the work and takes his chance. Himmelberg looks like he's having the sooks in his first SANFL hit out.

Wasting his talent and career. Doesn't want it enough unfortunately.

Should be on the trade table this year, even if he is regularly playing games in the back half of this season.

that’s a myth though. Carey was dominant in the first half and should have put the game out of reach by half time except for uncharacteristic wayward kicking
Yeah, but it's our myth. And it's fun. Let us have it.

From several other posters' observations, consensus is that Himmelberg looks disenchanted/disinterested, maybe sulking.

All the more reason to leave him in the SANFL until he learns to produce his best for the Club and for his own development.
Rewarding his disinterest with a place in the AFL sends the wrong message and reminds me of Jenkins' sulking publicly after being dropped. Maybe someone needs to point out to Himmelberg what happened to Jenkins?

I reckon this would be rubbish. If it were to be true, this would effectively be a contract year and that's not how you prepare for a new contract. Elliot has advisers that would be telling him that he needs to have an enormous year in the SANFL and ensure he takes whatever chances he gets with both hands. And let's face it, he started the preseason as our first choice CHF knowing it highly likely that Thilthorpe wouldn't make a round 1 side, so all he needed to do was keep ahead of Frampton. I'm not ruling it out, but it's much more likely that he does Jack s**t throughout the break period, which is apparently what he did previous season as well. And Frampton has probably monstered him in competitive drills as well.

No point trying to tell the himmelberg fan club in here that himm is out of form and absolute dogshit at the moment.. they simply will not listen and quite obviously havent watched any of the sanfl or trial matches..

you tell them and not long after they once again demand Himmelberg comes in to the AFL side...

we should drop frampton for TT if anyone.. but TT hasnt exactly been lighting it up in the SANFL either..

the funny thing about Murray is he’s over on the “will fog make it” thread talking fog down.. but at the same time he thinks himmelbergs the answer!.

fog kicked three goals on the w/e, two from bloody tight angles 50m out.. Himmelberg didnt even make the distance from 35 out on a 45 degree angle against westies on the w/e..

yet himmelberg should come in and it doubtful on fog according to muzza!..

Remove this Banner Ad

Back