Preview Rnd 5 - Carlton vs Port Adelaide Sat April 16th 7.25PM @ MCG - Team Post #765

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Next time the club should just write "four changes from last week's 22" .

Disappointing decision to drop Setterfield, and a huge signal that they're just going to repeat the same stoppage structures that have been failing through most of our games. Would rather give Setterfield the opportunity to rotate through from a general forward role than watching the pressure get sucked out of forward line via Kennedy doing the same thing.

McGovern isn't ready from a pressure perspective, and we dropped Williamson for the same reason, so what are we hoping for here?

Williams is a great addition as always, but I hate how we're using him.

Strange both Gov and Kennedy are in the side, we might finally something new from Teague, stay tuned
Four tall/general forwards? Try something old, and in terms of this year he's been trying to do it with Newnes. I would have rathered Setterfield instead of Kennedy for that.

Good changes - overall the ins are better than the outs
Disappointing for Parks - hope he can get back soon
Reading between the lines I think Dow may be sub. All 3 other emergencies listed in the VFL team for tomorrow afternoon. Dow not listed at all

More worried about the likes of Georgiades, as he plays very tall, Willo might struggle but I would back him in first up

Strange both Gov and Kennedy are in the side, we might finally see something new from Teague, stay tuned
Yeah thought the same re Kennedy and Gov. Kennedy may actually play mid (and be a slow runner and people up in arms to why he was selected)

Sent from my CPH2005 using Tapatalk

Years ago we couldn’t make those changes cause we didn’t have depth,not anymore.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Indeed, even with our enormous injury list, we are still icing a team that can compete with most. Genuine options. Shame about the injuries, though.

Yeah thought the same re Kennedy and Gov. Kennedy may actually play mid (and be a slow runner and people up in arms to why he was selected)

Guessing he will rotate with Cripps.

Wondering if Teague is brave enough to play Gov as defender on Georgiades, might be plan b or c though

great to have zac back.
mcgov is an important player but is he match fit?
parks injured :(
dow has had a good block of matches in senior squad. time to put head down in ressies and improve.
i know setts has also been poor but bit surprised with his omission. wasnt expecting that.
As long as Matt K replaces Setters I’m all good. He really deserves a crack at his role and neither are very pacy and Matt K far better as a forward option

Shame about young Parks, but happy enough with inclusions. Would prefer if Bam Bam plays forward for the whole match, however this looks a bit unlikely. Maybe if Levi is a late out for Cunners, this would allow it. Blues by 15 points.

Port by 21 points

tenor.gif

Sorry to see Parkes out...added some real grunt and toughness...ins are good...Port now have another tall forward to worry about.....but hope Gov doesn't get in Harry's way...Williams great to see him back and Willo will want to impress....Kennedy to kick 3...Blues by 15

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I would have liked dow to have stayed in for more game time esp Centre bounce exposure but that’s not necessarily the right thing for the team.

know he cops it here but he has a step, and has shown decent hands in traffic lately that leads me to want to persist, and given the journey to this point worry he’ll be done.

see owies cunners and setters in vfl side so dow looks like being the sub..?

Good changes - overall the ins are better than the outs
Disappointing for Parks - hope he can get back soon
Reading between the lines I think Dow may be sub. All 3 other emergencies listed in the VFL team for tomorrow afternoon. Dow not listed at all
Setterfield, Cuningham and Owies all listed in the VFL team while no mention of Dow. Sounds like he could be the sub?
That’s one tiny VFL forward line.

But yeah looks like Dow is the 23rd which makes no sense to me.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
I think he's about to rested with general soreness... his time on ground numbers have been dismal.

McGovern and Kennedy are improvements as far as marking and set shot kicking reliability goes - with 4 genuine markingh targets Port might find it harder to cover them all - as long as the boys spread. I think defensive pressure wont suffer too much as both Kennedy and McGovern are smart around contested ball areas. McGovern gives us a leading marking target outside the forward fifty so thats a bonus as well.

We lose nothing in Dow and Setterfield being outs absolutely nothing based on their exposed form.

Williams is a better mid than both and is another who can make things happen in forward fifty as well.

Unfortunately Parks is out (inj) that is the only unexpected downer - and Williamson gets an early opportunity to play a more accountabel defensive role- leave the fancy footworlk to Saad and Docherty Willo and nail your tackles.

I have Port at 60% chance to win - onlhy because we are going in with one genuine but ordianry ruckman against their two. The center ball contests will be crucial - and I reckon we have them for leg speed there in Wlash and Williams.

Win this one and Collingwood game is redeemed.

Guessing he will rotate with Cripps.

Wondering if Teague is brave enough to play Gov as defender on Georgiades, might be plan b or c though
I would doubt it. He would want his 'A' fwd line together (H, Casboult and Gov) even if it doesn't work this week but get used to playing together again.

Setterfield, Cuningham and Owies all listed in the VFL team while no mention of Dow. Sounds like he could be the sub?
Not sure how that helps dows development - he needs to play AFL or as much midfield minutes in the VFL as possible.

I think that's the strongest team we've fielded for a while.

I would have love to see some youth coming in, but overall I'm quite happy with those selections.

Let's fight hard and chalk up three in a row - how long since we've been able to say that - and how long since we've actually done it :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back