Preview Rnd 5 - Carlton vs Port Adelaide Sat April 16th 7.25PM @ MCG - Team Post #765

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

All looks good.👍

Form in the magoos gets rewarded, for most of them anyway....

Most of them get rewarded for VFL form. Stock standard selection policy really. Some are due like Ramsay and Carroll when he gets back. Only one player is getting the Stocker standard selection policy.

Last edited:
More worried about the likes of Georgiades, as he plays very tall, Willo might struggle but I would back him in first up

Strange both Gov and Kennedy are in the side, we might finally see something new from Teague, stay tuned

How do you figure?

Gov for jsos and kennedy for dow/setterfield were the obvious choices.

Gov plays the exact same role as jsos.

Kennedy probably for dow who was spending some time up forward and through the middle.

IMO No point continuing to play out of form players. Kennedy should give us something up front; Willo for parks seems logical. Hope the assistants have put time into gov and he gets to enough contests.

Big Cas to go to Dixon if he gets a run on. Caaarn Caaarlton

Dow fair enough, but Setters didn't cost us a high draft pick

May be so but he was still a pick 5.

As 4th and 5th years mids we would have hoped they would be two of our better mids by now and big contributors...instead both are still on the fringe and getting dropped.

It's just disappointing.

How do you figure?

Gov for jsos and kennedy for dow/setterfield were the obvious choices.

Gov plays the exact same role as jsos.

Kennedy probably for dow who was spending some time up forward and through the middle.

Dow played mostly outside the contest, Kennedy won't do that.

But, my concern is about who plays as a 3rd tall defender

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Let Plow play as the 3rd tall. At least he won't have to be on the last line with Robbie Gray.

Without the likes of Martin and Fisher to rotate through, I think we should only be playing 2 of Cripps, Ed and Kennedy.

If the plan is to have one of Cripps or Kennedy up forward rotating, we should have dropped Cas.

Reckon we won't have any run in the last and be run over/put away. Would like to see Cuningham as the sub for insurance at least.

It'll have to be Plowman as Williamson is shocking aerially. We'll miss Parks providing a chop-out for Jones and Weitering.

As for who takes Gray... one of Williamson or Docherty, I guess.

It'll have to be Plowman as Williamson is shocking aerially. We'll miss Parks providing a chop-out for Jones and Weitering.

As for who takes Gray... one of Williamson or Docherty, I guess.
My guess is willo will take georgiades and plow on Gray.

Willo will need to step up in the aerial contests.

This is my concern

Both of you are good judges yet we all see this so differently

Their forward setup is what I would focus on this week, get the match ups right ( with pressure from the mids) and it goes a long way to beating them

Doch and help fromJones will co manage Georgiades - Weotering will end up on Dixon and someone has to fill the whole in front of Dixon or I'll lose it.
Saad will play on Fantasia and step on his ankle accidentally in teh first 5 minutes

Wecan match thir defesce with pour forwrds- no wories.

It will be an interesting battle they shpould win bopefully by not too much betwen the arcs. We are fasrter and harder this year- especially with the two outs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back