Preview Round 6, 2021: Port Adelaide v St.Kilda - Adelaide Oval, Sunday 25th April, 6:40PM AEST

Who Wins?

• Power

Votes: 46 67.6%
  • Saints

Votes: 22 32.4%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
OUT: Webster (inj), Hunter, Long, Dunstan
IN: Highmore, Marshall, Jones,

Dunstan (sub)

Ryder in for Carlisle if he is deemed fit.

Byrnes and Clavarino to prove themselves a few more times before coming in. McKernan needs to show the intent for a few rounds in a row aftr his previous efforts.
Ratts has already said we have some protected players out there he will keep in. So guessing that will be about it.

I really don’t want Dunstan as sub. Don’t even want the possibility of him playing.

Dougal Howard best on ground holding Dixon goalless

Port still win by 28 points.

Positive is that the game is on Sunday at 6:40pm. The boys can try as hard as they want they can’t ruin our weekend

Other positive: The bow arrow celebration is injured.

Last edited:
Dougal Howard best on ground holding Dixon goal less

Port by 28 points.

Positive is that the game is on Sunday at 6:40pm. The boys can try as hard as they want they can’t ruin our weekend

Other positive: The bow arrow celebration is injured.
good point. I just hope I’m not as flat the next work day after I was last time.

OUT: Webster (inj), Hunter, Long, Dunstan
IN: Highmore, Marshall, Jones,

Dunstan (sub)

Ryder in for Carlisle if he is deemed fit.

Byrnes and Clavarino to prove themselves a few more times before coming in. McKernan needs to show the intent for a few rounds in a row aftr his previous efforts.
Ratts has already said we have some protected players out there he will keep in. So guessing that will be about it.
Carlisle out Highmore in? Are you joking? After the game Snake had against WC too.

Not sure I’ve seen the amount of injuries to first choice players for a while, we are pretty banged up and I’m sure we’ll lose another player after scans today, possibly two. Very much a danger game, you always trouble us.

Yep, just like we’ve been through.
2 best rucks
2 first choice mids ( not even counting Hanners)
3 first choice back men ( counting Webster with early injury)

Hopefully we get a couple back, but even with your injuries you’ve still got a very good team.

Which players of yours had scans today? ( Just between you and me) 😉

Hawks and GC should be a non issue if we get half of our players back from injury...

1/ We will not get half back. We are talking Marshall, Ryder and Jones. Frawley may be back playing, but only in the VFL

2/ Essendon game was meant to be not an issue for us.

I think we will come out all guns blazing in the 1st quarter. We'll have twice as many I50s, dominate the clearances, but as usual, not be able to put it on the scoreboard. Port grab a couple of late goals to take a 4 point lead at quarter time. They then proceed to get the 1st goal of the 2nd, as usual, our heads start to drop, the pressure becomes non-existent and defensively we look brittle.

I've become so disillusioned in recent weeks, I can't see where our next win is coming from. People here are talking about Hawthorn and Gold Coast like we will just turn up and flog them, but in the form we're in I wouldn't even back us against North

I think we will come out all guns blazing in the 1st quarter. We'll have twice as many I50s, dominate the clearances, but as usual, not be able to put it on the scoreboard. Port grab a couple of late goals to take a 4 point lead at quarter time. They then proceed to get the 1st goal of the 2nd, as usual, our heads start to drop, the pressure becomes non-existent and defensively we look brittle.

I've become so disillusioned in recent weeks, I can't see where our next win is coming from. People here are talking about Hawthorn and Gold Coast like we will just turn up and flog them, but in the form we're in I wouldn't even back us against North

Yup this about sums it up for me!

It does seem strangely familiar.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

After this game we will know just how lost at sea we are.

With our Jekyll and Hyde start to the season, winning won't prove a thing either. Trust and respect takes time to build, moments to lose. A solid body of work is needed.

Another big loss though... then we're off to the glue factory :horseface:

Not sure I’ve seen the amount of injuries to first choice players for a while, we are pretty banged up and I’m sure we’ll lose another player after scans today, possibly two. Very much a danger game, you always trouble us.

I wouldn’t worry, you’ve got us at a great time. Everyone in the AFL knows how to beat the Saints - simple pressure and workrate - I don’t see you having an issue even with the injuries.

After this game we will know just how lost at sea we are.

It can turn pretty quickly. GWS looked like something switched last week end and didn't look like the disinterested coasting side they have all year. It's just really hard to see when that switch might flick on. Geelong are in a similar boat. They don't look like the side that has sat near the top of the ladder for 20 years. I think we will turn up at some point but we just have to hope that we don't turn up too late to make finals. We are quarter of the way through the season and part from 2 lucky wins through minimal effort we haven't even got moving yet.

With our Jekyll and Hyde start to the season, winning won't prove a thing either. Trust and respect takes time to build, moments to lose. A solid body of work is needed.

Another big loss though... then we're off to the glue factory :horseface:

It's not too Jeckyl and Hyde. We seem to have wobbled past GWS in a mud pit when they looked like they couldn't be bothered either. WCE pretty much did what we did last year where we thought we'd done enough and didn't bother putting in in the second half. The Saints have played one amazing quarter for the whole year. The rest they have been lazy and disinterested. That's a form line to me.

Who from your best 22 is likely or certain to miss?

Houston copped a shoulder and I’d be very surprised if he plays, scans cleared but was in a sling post game, Hartlett cooled a huge corky and could hardly run. The previous week Rozee copped a big corky as did Clurrey. Fantasia did an ankle Richmond too, we seemed to be banged up after that game. Butters and Duursma definitely out.

46762905-9F8C-4A3E-B6A1-67F5F754A851.jpeg

It's not too Jeckyl and Hyde. We seem to have wobbled past GWS in a mud pit when they looked like they couldn't be bothered either. WCE pretty much did what we did last year where we thought we'd done enough and didn't bother putting in in the second half. The Saints have played one amazing quarter for the whole year. The rest they have been lazy and disinterested. That's a form line to me.
A bit of revisionist history there about the GWS and WC wins.

Not correct in my opinion. They were on all game and clicked into high gear the whole second half.
There was no mud in R1 and 24 goals were kicked. It was good hard at it wet weather football.
Makes the efforts v Essendon and Richmond all the more frustrating and annoying.

A bit of revisionist history there about the GWS and WC wins.

I was criticising it at the time. I was trying to tell people they were not playing well against GWS and luck with umpiring may have helped. I think it tricked a few people into a false confidence. Do you think we played a good game apart from half of the third quarter which was very solid but mostly a few players playing out of their skins like D Mac. In the last they all got going and we rolled them on the back of an incredible full court pressure game.

Not correct in my opinion. They were on all game and clicked into high gear the whole second half.
There was no mud in R1 and 24 goals were kicked. It was good hard at it wet weather football.
Makes the efforts v Essendon and Richmond all the more frustrating and annoying.

That's probably fair against WC, I think the way we were playing looked interested and even when we were down we didn't look like we were the gutless side that played Richmond or Essendon. I wasn't sold against GWS they looked just as disinterested as us. Like two drunk hobos wrestling.

I was criticising it at the time. I was trying to tell people they were not playing well against GWS and luck with umpiring may have helped. I think it tricked a few people into a false confidence. Do you think we played a good game apart from half of the third quarter which was very solid but mostly a few players playing out of their skins like D Mac. In the last they all got going and we rolled them on the back of an incredible full court pressure game.
Then you were criticising for the sake of criticising against GWS. That was a hard fought game between both sides for the full 4 quarters. We naturally had things to work on, but there was no effort issues or midfield issues during the game. We were dominating clearances that game, where we were able to get it out of contested situations much more cleanly into open space while GWS was often over possessing the ball because our pressure and sets ups didnt give them the space they needed. It was also the most open forward line we've had all year. Both teams had spurts of momentum within each quarter, we just capitalised on ours better than them.

This was a strong 4 quarter performance from us with good effort all game and we won it off our own back, not because GWS gave up or because of the umps. If anything, the umps were working against us for the majority of the match and we got 1 lucky call at the end when we already had the lead and even if we didnt get the free kick, the ball spilled directly to Higgins with an open 30m for him to run into and kick a goal.

With the WC game, our effort was there for the entire game. A lot of the things we were doing was working for the entire 4 quarters, West Coast was just scoring at an extremely high rate. It felt like at half time the game should have been closer and we were doing a lot of things right. Our first quarter was pretty good and our 2nd was solid though we did struggle for a small patch when Marshall went off and King was the only tall in the forward line.

We did play our best football in the back half of the 3rd and the entire 4th quarter, it wasn't as if we weren't trying or doing some good things the entire match then just flicked a switched. A lot of that wave of pressure came off the back of the work we were doing in the first half that built into that huge quarter.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back